Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Is there one judgment at the return of Christ, described in Mt. 25, Rev. 11:18, Dan. 12:2, etc., and also the final judgment described in Rev. 20:11-15? Would the first judgment be for all those who professed Christ during the church age, and the second judgment be for all those outside of the church?

Aimz

member with autism
Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I understand it, yes.
There is no condemnation for believers they will be aquitted and acknowledged but still face God to see what they built on His Son’s foundation.
Judgement for the unbelievers after the millennium of Christ’s reign on Earth.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is there one judgment at the return of Christ, described in Mt. 25, Rev. 11:18, Dan. 12:2, etc., and also the final judgment described in Rev. 20:11-15? Would the first judgment be for all those who professed Christ during the church age, and the second judgment be for all those outside of the church?
From what I have read, it is Jews that don't accept Christ getting the first wrath/judgement, according to Romans 2:9, and as shown in Revelation...
After all, Jesus did come to them first.......IMHO

Romans 2:
5 But because of your hard and unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of wrath, when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed
9 tribulation and distress, upon every soul of man that is working the evil, both of Jew first, and of Greek;

Luke 23:
28 Being-turned yet toward them, the Jesus said "Daughters of-Jerusalem no be-lamenting/klaiete <2799> over Me, moreover for yourselves be-lamenting/klaiete <2799>, and upon the children of ye. [Isaiah 4:4/Reve 18:9]
30 "Then they shall be beginning to be saying to the mountains 'be falling upon us' and to the hills 'cover us'".
[Hosea 10:8/Reve 6:16]

Reve 6:16
And they are saying to the mountains and to the rocks: 'Be falling on us! and hide us!
from Face of the One sitting upon the Throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb-kin"
[Hosea 10:8/Luke 23:30]

Reve 18:9
And shall be *lamenting/klausontai <2799> over Her, and shall be beating-breasts over Her, the kings of the land,
the ones with Her prostituting and indulging whenever they may be beholding the smoke of the burning of Her.

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

History records few events more generally interesting than the destruction of Jerusalem, and the subversion of the Jewish state, by the arms of the Romans. -- Their intimate connexion with the dissolution of the Levitical economy, and the establishment of Christianity in the world ; the striking verification which they afford of so many of the prophecies, both of the Old and New Testament, and the powerful arguments of the divine authority of the Scriptures which are thence derived.......

.........................Before their final demolition, however, Titus took a survey of the City and its fortifications and while contemplating their impregnable strength, could not help ascribing his success to the peculiar interposition of the ALMIGHTY HIMSELF. "Had not God himself (exclaimed he) aided out operations, and driven the Jews from their fortresses, it would have been absolutely impossible to have taken them ; for what could men, and the force of engines, have done against such towers as these ?".......................

In executing the command of Titus, relative to the demolition of Jerusalem, the Roman soldiers not only threw down the buildings, but even dug up their foundations, and so completely levelled the whole circuit of the city, that a stranger would scarcely have known that it had ever been inhabited by human beings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe you will find there are judgments right here in this life. What about the guy who commits an awful sin and then gets caught at it or arrested for it?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
People can escape human judgement but no one can escape God’s judgement. Hitler avoided human justice he will not avoid God’s justice.
I don't think Hitler was a happy man. I understand he put a bullet into his own head.

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
As I understand it, yes.
There is no condemnation for believers they will be aquitted and acknowledged but still face God to see what they built on His Son’s foundation.
Judgement for the unbelievers after the millennium of Christ’s reign on Earth.

Well the judgment in Mt. 25 and in Dan. 12:2 is one of condemnation. My idea was that all that have ever professed Christ get resurrected and judged at the return of Christ and that some who professed a false gospel are sent to hell right then and there.

Also, what is the "day" in Mt. 7:21? Is it the day of the final great white throne judgment, or the day of Christ's return?

Upvote 0

Aimz

member with autism
Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am still in the personal believers judgement at physical death and aquittal at the resurrection boat.

Well the judgment in Mt. 25 and in Dan. 12:2 is one of condemnation. My idea was that all that have ever professed Christ get resurrected and judged at the return of Christ and that some who professed a false gospel are sent to hell right then and there.

Also, what is the "day" in Mt. 7:21? Is it the day of the final great white throne judgment, or the day of Christ's return?

Upvote 0