Are there any fans of U2?

Drew86

May 30, 2010
✟15,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes I love U2! They are my dad's favorite band, I used to dance to Achtung Baby when I was 7. He has every cd and a ton of bootlegs. We saw them together in houstson and boston. My favorite songs would be All I want is you, For the first time, stay, that wandering song(with johnny cash), the fly, so cruel, ultraviolet, and in a little while. If you haven't seen their dvd when they play at slane castle in ireland it's incredible. Inbetween "all i want is you" and "where the streets have no name" there is this transition that really is heart-wrenching where Bono just wails like he's crying out to heaven. I love the end of "walk on" he's says everyone looks beautiful and he says "THE SPIRIT IS IN THE HOUSE." and they keep singing Hallelujah. So good.

Upvote 0

Zoooma

Hating Living :(
Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟19,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bono being a political activist is wrong? He's concerned about human rights! Who would be against that?!?!

He's been infusing activism into U2 concerts since like '83. It's part of who he is. Normally I don't want someone up there on stage espousing their political views, especially when all they're doing is slamming down someone, but Bono and activism go hand in hand. I applaud him LOUDLY for speaking out on the issues he does. I really don't understand who would be against that.

As far as their music goes, I love about each and every song up until Zooropa and after that it gets a little spotty. Maybe it's just that I haven't listened to their last handful of albums 1,000 times each like I have the first 6 or so.

Upvote 0

Zoooma

Hating Living :(
Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟19,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If anyone is interested, I uploaded mp3 files of a recent U2 show:

U2 June 6, 2011 Oakland, California Part 1.rar

U2 June 6, 2011 Oakland, California Part 2.rar

01 Even Better Than The Real Thing
02 I Will Follow
03 Get On Your Boots
04 Magnificent
05 Mysterious Ways
06 Elevation
07 Until the End of the World - Anthem - Where Have All The Flowers Gone
08 Perfect Day - Happy Birthday - All I Want Is You
09 Stay (Faraway, So Close)
10 Beautiful Day - Space Oddity
11 Pride (In The Name Of Love)
12 Miss Sarajevo
13 Zooropa
14 City of Blinding Lights
15 Vertigo
16 I'll Go Crazy (remix) - Discotheque - Life During Wartime - Psycho Killer
17 Sunday Bloody Sunday / Scarlet
18 Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

Encore(s):
19 One
20 Will You Love Me Tomorrow
21 Where the Streets Have No Name
22 Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
23 With or Without You
24 Moment of Surrender

Don't worry, it's not illegal or nothin'. U2 knows that people (tapers) record their shows and it's cool to freely spread around those recordings so long as nobody ain't sellin' 'em and makin' money off the band when they have no right to.

Feel free to download and enjoy!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums