Wisconsin
✟21,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
I root for the Packers and am glad about their turnaround this year. However, after they got blown out by the 49ers and have struggled to beat the Redskins and Giants who both have been pathetic this year, I feel they are good but ripe for demolition. I don't think their defense can keep up with the likes of the 49ers and Saints who both put up over 40 points today vs good teams. Who's with me? in the playoffs I figure they would host the Vikings and win but after that..... well. goobye.....

Joey16Vargas

Dec 23, 2019
Huila
✟20,800.00
Country
Colombia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I'm also a Packers fan, and here's what I see.
The defense is getting better, the front 7 is really good, both Smith have been impressive this year, Kenny Clark has also improved. The DBs are playing fantastic, the last year the defense had like 6 interceptions, this year they have picked off the ball 16 times, and Kevin King has made a huge impact, I didn't believe he could get that good.
What I'm worried about is the offense, especially the passing game. Jones has been terrific at running the ball, so I'm ok with him. But I think LaFleur and Rodgers are not on the same page when it comes to throw the football. Rodgers loves the deep throws, while LaFleur prefers to run the ball many times, and make check down passes, flat passes to the RB, etc
They have different methodologies, but I believe this team is capable of great things and there's a possibility that they can be the #1 seed in the NFC, so don't worry too much

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
3304078013_37_13_2500.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Joey16Vargas
Upvote 0

Jeff S

Feb 11, 2018
Wisconsin
✟21,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
I was looking at the stats from last year and I see last year the defense gave up 400 points which amounts to 30 some per game. This year its in the 200s with no possibility of reaching 400. That's a tremendous improvement. Smith did what he needed to do last night against the Vikings and if he didn't the Packers very well may not have won that game. I think the defensive line is what won the game for the Packers. I had, for a while, thought about needing another really good rusher on the defense besides Smith and I don't know if the line would do as well if Smith was injured. I guess I'm thinking of the likes of a Reggie White kind of lineman.

Jones is doing well and his burst of speed is definitely helping although he's not much of a "juker" like some running backs who can make you miss like that running back who used to be with the Vikings but now he's with the Redskins (can't remember his name now).

A frequent criticism of the Packers is that they don't have receivers who can get open. I heard Colin Cowherd (or Cowbell) raise that today by saying the Packers only have one good receiver. He didn't even mention Lazard and the contribution he's made to the team especially on a lot of the short yardage gains by the Packers last night.

Upvote 0