Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Is the world getting out of control? With ISIL and terrorism and refugee chaos in Europe and fighting in Syria and attempted coups in Turkey. And now leaders like Trump could be leading the West? Are there signs such as an increase in earthquakes and other natural disasters. Was Saint Malachy right?

Should I be ready for the end of the world any time soon?
According to the following link from Catholic Answers..........

http://www.catholic.com/video/saint-malachy-and-the-end-times

xpower

Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
✟105,003.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is better to not even ask the question. Jesus said only God the father knows when the end will occur when he was on Earth. Also in many ways the past was worse then the world today. In every generation there are people who say the world is going to end soon, people have been saying stuff like this for 2000 years. You should ignore people try to predict the end of the world, as Jesus basically told us not to.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
I know little of the Irish St Malachy , but the little I know brings Nostradamus to mind .

Current events ?

Well to put them into some sort of perspective look at the world in 1914-1918 AD and 1939-1945 AD .

As for the End Times , the End has been fulfilled in Jesus , so since His exaltation we have been in the End Times , the age awaiting the full manifestation of the Christ .

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If the End times mean a time of violence and suffering, than the more I study history the more I realize that we live in a relatively peaceful and prosperous period. Rome under Sulla, Domitian, Nero, etc, England between say 500 and 1200 AD, the US during the Civil War, there's not enough time to list every place where a person would live in fear and with good reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Just I was chatting to an Imminent End Times Christian recently at work. He really urged me to "get ready. it is all gonna end soon! There are signs he said that the end of the world is nigh! Repent! Confess! Make sure you are on God's side! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The best estimates I've seen put the end of the universe at past
7652cd6b72d784979f0c5f4514d5c693dfe83f3c
years. Yeah, there's not enough room to type that out properly on all of CF. The universe will be okay for a while yet. You? Me? Much shorter time frame- compartively speaking. ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is the world getting out of control? With ISIL and terrorism and refugee chaos in Europe and fighting in Syria and attempted coups in Turkey. And now leaders like Trump could be leading the West? Are there signs such as an increase in earthquakes and other natural disasters. Was Saint Malachy right?

It's good to be aware of what's coming in case it comes upon our generation. I recommend studying Matthew 24, Luke 17, Luke 21, Mark 13, Matthew 13, Luke 18, 1 Corinthians 15, 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 2 Peter 3, and Revelation to start to get a grasp on this.

Personally, I could see the Tribulation coming in 20 years or so but not immediately. I believe Christians need to be prepared to overcome.

Revelation 12:11
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's good to be aware of what's coming in case it comes upon our generation. I recommend studying Matthew 24, Luke 17, Luke 21, Mark 13, Matthew 13, Luke 18, 1 Corinthians 15, 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 2 Peter 3, and Revelation to start to get a grasp on this.

Personally, I could see the Tribulation coming in 20 years or so but not immediately. I believe Christians need to be prepared to overcome.

Revelation 12:11
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

You missed the one about no one knowing the day or the hour. ;)

I have to think that was meant to also extend to people not knowing the year, decade, or even century.

However, if you happen to notice any multi-headed dragons, please give me some heads up so I can order flame retardant clothing from Amazon. ;)

I may need the flame retardant clothing anyway in case I'm going to hell for this post.

Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You missed the one about no one knowing the day or the hour. ;)

I have to think that was meant to also extend to people not knowing the year, decade, or even century.

However, if you happen to notice any multi-headed dragons, please give me some heads up so I can order flame retardant clothing from Amazon. ;)

I may need the flame retardant clothing anyway in case I'm going to hell for this post.

Jesus gave us lots of signs, so that we can recognize its nearness. Abiding Christians will be able to see the day approaching, even if they don't know the exact day (Hebrews 10:24-25, 1 Thessalonians 5:4-9). But there will be many people who who claim the name of Christ but who will fall away (Matthew 24-25, Luke 18:7-8), and are found to be hypocrites, apostates, and/or unprofitables (who won't be able to enter His kingdom) so that's why Jesus gave us lots of strong warnings.

The world isn't wicked enough to the point where Christians are hated by all nations (Matthew 24:9), but I can see it getting to that point. And, the Antichrist hasn't made himself known yet, or the rest of these things (Matthew 24:4-28), but when we see all these things, we will know that Jesus' appearing is near (Matthew 24:33).

There's a little passage in Hosea 5:14-6:3 that suggests to me that two thousand years after Jesus went to heaven, the Jewish people will begin to revived, and on the third day (third millennium) raised up. 2033 (the end of two thousand years) is 17 years away so I don't think Jesus return can happen until after the 17 years have expired. However, 17 years is not a long time. 2033 is an early time for the beginning of the end times Jewish revival (in Tribulation) that precedes the return of Jesus. It could be happen later in the third millennium, though. I see that as an "at the earliest" mark.

Hosea 6:2
2 After two days He will revive us;
On the third day He will raise us up,
That we may live in His sight.

It's better to prepare mentally and spiritually now than when we are in the throes of the Tribulation and many are falling away (Mattthew 24:9-12).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um... just a friendly reminder, not that any guest to TLT is doing anything wrong, but it helps to know the house rules for this Catholic forum.

House Rules
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules). In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against it's theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the beliefs of this group will be considered off topic.

TLT Statement of Purpose

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Should you be ready for the end? Yes, you should have your spiritual life in order as you could be killed today in an accident.
Should you be ready for the end of the world? Doubt it, there's nothing you can do about that.

Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Um... just a friendly reminder, not that any guest to TLT is doing anything wrong, but it helps to know the house rules for this Catholic forum.

House Rules
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules). In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against it's theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the beliefs of this group will be considered off topic.

TLT Statement of Purpose

I'm catholic with a lower case c (part of the universal Church).

If anyone here is interested in end times topics, I suggest visiting the Eschatology forum. http://www.christianforums.com/forums/eschatology-endtimes-prophecy-forum.14/
All Christians are welcome there, but some threads are limited to people according to various beliefs.

Bye, now.

Upvote 0