✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Polycarp_fan;
I see two "creation stories" in Genesis. I see the same story as darwin mythology.

Two stories? The same story (singular)? Does anything you write make sense?

Sounds very species specific to me. Very scientifically provable even in todays world. Darwin's finches don't mate with parakeets. Or gerbils.

No but horses mate with donkeys, lions with tigers, whales with dolphins, etc.

Sounds like even Larry Flynt would agree with that. Or any biologist as well.

non sequitor... what are you trying to communicate?
He had all the time in the world. And Adam would have spoken the language God did. Remember the story? God built the whole deal with words. Like the Greeks thought He did.

Not according to the first creation story: man and woman created together.

I ignore imaginary voices that do not exist.

My point is made, thank you.
Like 0 x 0 = your universe? Your world? Your animals and people? I'm not ignoring anything. You should try that.

Did you just learn that 0 x 0 = 0? You seem to like repeating that. I don't know what multiplication has to do with understanding ancient texts.

Hubba hubba. That goo for another place on this site. I promise you, I haven't ignored that.

"goo"? What does that mean?

"God?" What does that mean?

Nothing, or whatever you want it to mean.

I avoid the advice of drug addicts. Unless of course it is to tell me not to turn out like them.

Addict? Do you know what that word means?

So whose advice do you follow? Tax collectors? Greek "physicians"? Illiterate Jewish peasants? Christian persecutors? Roman Emperors?

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
As I said in my PM, my medication ran out over the weekend due to my pharmacy not being able to get the correct prescription in. Don't know why it's so difficult, but seemingly it is. I go through withdrawal symptoms when I run out, and my doctor is pretty upset at my pharmacy because I'm not supposed to be off these even a day. So, I'm sorry if I misunderstood your posts.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
As I said in my PM, my medication ran out over the weekend due to my pharmacy not being able to get the correct prescription in. Don't know why it's so difficult, but seemingly it is. I go through withdrawal symptoms when I run out, and my doctor is pretty <edit>ed at my pharmacy because I'm not supposed to be off these even a day. So, I'm sorry if I misunderstood your posts.

:hug:

Ya might want to fix the [wash my mouth] tags though...

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
... Adam would have spoken the language God did. Remember the story? God built the whole deal with words. Like the Greeks thought He did.

How do human beings learn language? Are we born with it? Are we born with the muscle and bone strength to walk and talk?
Why would Adam need language to communicate with God? Doesn't God know our thoughts and desires?

So you believe God speaks... interesting. Do you understand what speech is?
When the Genesis story declares that "God said let there be light", do you really think the author is implying God spoke in those specific Hebrew words? Or do you think that just maybe he is using the same metaphor we use when we say God spoke to us?

What does it mean to "say" something? Does it mean to speak words, or does just maybe mean to declare something such as all of creation declares the majesty of the Lord? In that case, all of creation or nature doesn't actually speak, but it displays, represents or exposes us to the wonder of the unknown... also known as the Sacred, or the Divine.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
Preaching the avoidance of sin is not condemnation. Jesus was in fact the first to bring up the issue of eternal fire and condemnation. I'd say around 1/4 to 1/3 of the NT is about the avoidance of sin(mostly in the epistles)

And what did he bring up the other 3/4 to 2/3 of the time?
Why don't nonbelievers "know them by their love", if that is what Christ says?

Also the reason why Jesus talked to the Pharisees that way was because of they're denial in Jesus's Divinity and his authority. The arrogance of the Pharisees is mostly rooted in the denial of Jesus's divinity and that is what the big problem was.

How is that? The Pharisees kept the law. So, why would they have a problem with Jesus' divinity, then, if they were obeying God?
Why would the sinners welcome him, if they were not obeying the law?

We must ask ourselves, WHY do people feel condemned when the issue of sin is brought up? The guiding of the christian flock away from temptation is the Church's job. Nearly 3/4th of the book of Revelation is just that; the church dealing with the issues in regards to sin and lukewarmness within Church members
Lukewarm about chastising others, and patting yourself on the back, like the Pharisee and the tax collector?

To whom did Jesus tell this parable, and why?

Luke 18
9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[a] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'
13"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

14"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

[/quote]
The only way a person would feel condemnation is if he has personalized sin so much in his life, that it is actually a part of him and his lifestyle. SO when it is preached against, he takes it as a personal assault to his integrity because he has integrated it so much into his lifestyle that it has become a part of him.[/QUOTE]

I used to go to a Pentecostal Church, and have seen a number of them that take specific verses very seriously:

1 Corinthians 11
14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. 16 If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God.

Pretty clear. They have a portrait of the Last Supper - and Jesus has short hair. They took this as a clear "sin".

If you argued against it, do I then assume that you feel condemned because you are guilty?

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Preaching the avoidance of sin is not condemnation. Jesus was in fact the first to bring up the issue of eternal fire and condemnation. I'd say around 1/4 to 1/3 of the NT is about the avoidance of sin(mostly in the epistles)

Jesus certainly was NOT the first to preach condemnation and the consequences of sin. The Garden of Eden, Cain and Abel, Noah, Sodom, etc etc.

He may have been the first to teach "eternal" punishment, or not, but if so, then that seems to indicate that it is not a Jewish teaching, since Jesus was a Jew and no other Jew before him preached that hell stuff. So why do you think Jesus did? Was Hell just created at Jesus' time?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.