Are Most Masons in the U.S. Truly Christian?

Son of Zadok

Traveler
Dec 9, 2010
Utah - I travel often
✟8,182.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This thread is prompted to explore the claim by some Masons that most Masons in America are of the Christian faith. Is this really true? Not according to all Masons in America.

Note to All Readers: Please feel free to comment on this topic as you wish. However, the accompanying POLL is strictly for those visitors here who are active Freemasons. Therefore, if you are NOT A MASON please do not answer this poll. It is ONLY for members of the Masonic Order.

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']What is a real Christian anyway? [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']If someone does not like a group or otherwise speaks ill of them but calls them Ture Christian - Then I believe them. Of if they love and speak highly of a group and say they are not Christian - Then I tend to believe them. [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']But when someone does not like a group or does not speak well of them and calls them not Christian or loves a group and calls them Christian - I believe them to not be good examples of Christians themselves but of the class of Pharisees and Scribes that called Jesus a Samaritan and not a real Jew.[/FONT]

Son of Zadok

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The question is not are MOST Masons in the U.S. Christian but are MOST People in the U.S. Christian?

How many people out of the 40,000 wfo made it into the desert after fleeing Egypt actually got into the Promised Land?
Answer=2

Mt 7:14 To what extent strait is the portal, and bereaved is the way, which carry's off into life, and little there are finding it.

Mat 22:14For many are called, but fewarechosen.

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The question is not are MOST Masons in the U.S. Christian but are MOST People in the U.S. Christian?

How many people out of the 40,000 wfo made it into the desert after fleeing Egypt actually got into the Promised Land?
Answer=2

Mt 7:14 To what extent strait is the portal, and bereaved is the way, which carry's off into life, and little there are finding it.

Mat 22:14For many are called, but fewarechosen.
Matt. 22:14 means many are righteous but few are humble.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7542964-5/#post57018822

Why are there little finding it? Because they aren't humble before God.

Matt. 18:4 "Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 10:15 "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I disagree.

2822. klétos

called
Original Word: κλητός, ή, όν
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: klétos
Phonetic Spelling: (klay-tos')
Short Definition: called, summoned
Definition: called, invited, summoned by God to an office or to salvation.
2822. κλητός (klétos) -- called

1588. eklektos
select, by impl. favorite

Original Word: ἐκλεκτός, ή, όν
Transliteration: eklektos
Phonetic Spelling: (ek-lek-tos')
Short Definition: chosen, elect, choice, select
Definition: chosen out, elect, choice, select, sometimes as subst: of those chosen out by God for the rendering of special service to Him (of the Hebrew race, particular Hebrews, the Messiah, and the Christians).
1588. ἐκλεκτός (eklektos) -- select, by impl. favorite

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I disagree.

2822. klétos

called
Original Word: κλητός, ή, όν
Transliteration: klétos
Phonetic Spelling: (klay-tos')
Short Definition: called, summoned
Definition: called, invited, summoned by God to an office or to salvation.
2822. κλητός (klétos) -- called

1588. eklektos
select, by impl. favorite

Original Word: ἐκλεκτός, ή, όν
Transliteration: eklektos
Phonetic Spelling: (ek-lek-tos')
Short Definition: chosen, elect, choice, select
Definition: chosen out, elect, choice, select, sometimes as subst: of those chosen out by God for the rendering of special service to Him (of the Hebrew race, particular Hebrews, the Messiah, and the Christians).
1588. ἐκλεκτός (eklektos) -- select, by impl. favorite
What's wrong with my assertion? I'm just deciphering the meaning.

To be favored is to have God with you (Luke 1:21) (that means to have His presence, the Holy Spirit (Psalm 51:11, 139:7-8)) and God's only temporarily tabernacles (dwelling places) are the highest heavens and with the humble.

Isaiah 57:15 "I dwell on a high and holy place,
And also with the contrite and lowly of spirit...

1 Samuel 2:30 "Therefore the LORD God of Israel declares, ' I did indeed say that your house and the house of your father should walk before Me forever'; but now the LORD declares, 'Far be it from Me--for those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me will be lightly esteemed.

Proverbs 15:33 The fear of the LORD is the instruction for wisdom,And before honor comes humility.

So to be favored by God = to be identified by God as humble

This is how we can determine who is a temple of God (1 Cor. 3:16). This is how to tell who is a true follower of Christ. This is how to judge righteously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rev Wayne

Simplicity + Sincerity = Serenity
Sep 16, 2003
SC
Visit site
✟13,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would a Mason show partiality to another Mason over a non-Mason?
I can answer that only for myself, and I wouldn't. But I don't see it happening that way in what I observe from other Masons either.

And really, wouldn't a Christian show partiality to another Christian over a non-Christian? And in fact, are they not encouraged to do so?

"So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith." Gal. 6:10

"But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." 1 Tim. 5:8

A case in point:

A man whose wife is a member of our church had a stroke, leaving him unable to walk. Some Masons in the church got together and organized an effort to get a handicap ramp built at his home. It wasn't a matter of the man's being a Mason, because he is not. Nor was it a matter of his being a member of our church.

Same thing happens regularly when we have prayer requests during meetings, being a Mason is not a requirement to be considered a candidate for prayer.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

http://www.christianforums.com/t7542964-5/#post57018822

Why are there little finding it? Because they aren't humble before God.

Matt. 18:4 "Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 10:15 "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."
:thumbsup:Proverbs 8:8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate.
15 By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. 16 By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.

Upvote 0