Are mature Christian women more attracted to women than men?

hope_is_last_to_die

what, where, who, when, whatever????
Dec 15, 2009
Emerald Isle!
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im noticing that the single Christian women around my age seem to be more attracted towards other women. Is it because they have become bitter, angry or disillusioned with men and have given up hope in having a godly relationship with a Christian man?

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟29,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Im noticing that the single Christian women around my age seem to be more attracted towards other women. Is it because they have become bitter, angry or disillusioned with men and have given up hope in having a godly relationship with a Christian man?

Wow I don't know. I am a mature christian woman and I am not bitter, angry, or disillusioned. I have not given up hope, NOR am I attracted to other women. Also haven't met any man that I have been interested in, nor have any been interested in me so IDK. But whoever I do meet that I would be interested in would definitely have to be a Godly man that isn't afraid to worship God and put Him first in his life.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
No I am not finding that.. actually I find men much easier to talk too.. which is weeird.. my ex never talked well with me but its encouraging that now I realise it wasn't all me.. The strangest thing is most men I meet and talk with lol are younger.. I have no idea why..

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Well,in my case,that appears to be so. I am 57 years old.I have NO intention of pursuing 20 to 30 year old women. I find women in my age group to be attractive.They have more in common with me than the younger ones. That said,I have observed and have been told by women my age that they are too busy to have a relationship.At christian dances,women my age tell me that they are no longer interested in romance,and/or having a relationship with a man. One woman told me that I am a good dancer,however she is not looking for a realtionship. The next time that I hear from her,she is annoucing her engagement on Facebook.
Yes,that sounds like a Rodney Dangerfield joke. The joke was,"A woman that I know calls me up and says,"Hey,why don't you come over. There is noboby home.So,I come over and NOBODY'S home!" :) I know a man whose parents met at a dance. She dropped her hankerchief and his father picked the hankerchief up. That is how his parents met. I thought that ONLY happens in the movies. Yes some women my age are emotionally burnt out. I told one christian counselor that I am tired of paying for the sins of other men. What I mean by that is,when a woman has been mistreated in her past,by the time I meet her,she is already "gun shy",therefore,she does not trust me for fear of getting hurt again. My christian counselor did tell me," Yes, you DO have to pay for the sins of other men."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hope_is_last_to_die

Dec 15, 2009
Emerald Isle!
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi guys, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Michelle and Peace do you have much contact with other mature single Christian women and if you do are they attracted to women more than men? Peace - are you talking about cyber friendships or rl ones. Maybe some younger men are looking for a mother figure in their life?

Stage - its sad that women have been hurt by men but its also sad that men have been hurt by women. For me relationship hurt isnt a gender issue, its a sinful humanity issue. Its stupid and silly when a woman or a man decides they cant have a relationship with the opposite sex because they've been hurt by someone from the opposite sex.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Actually most of my friends are online.. and I think the single women most of them are wanting both male and female friends.. its varies.. there are some very keen to meet thier future partner and trying through both online dating and also face book singles groups.. but others who are completely happy as they are.. I think there is not too many christians out there not that I find in the real world.. I only know one christian single guy in person.. and hes eight years younger then me and I hardly ever see him either.. lol..

I met one guy on face book who is very open that he will NEVER ever find a woman.. but I wonder if that is his views or what GOD wants for him.. so many talk of this and that.. but few actually say now what does GOD want for me..

Upvote 0

hope_is_last_to_die

Dec 15, 2009
Emerald Isle!
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Idk Peace, maybe its harder for one to get to know if mature Christian women are more attracted to other women buy online communication? That guy who says he will never ever find a woman, is it because the women around him are more attracted to other women? I wonder if some women would say its Gods will for them they are attracted to women instead of men?

Have a blessed week precious sister!

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
hi guys, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Michelle and Peace do you have much contact with other mature single Christian women and if you do are they attracted to women more than men? Peace - are you talking about cyber friendships or rl ones. Maybe some younger men are looking for a mother figure in their life?

Stage - its sad that women have been hurt by men but its also sad that men have been hurt by women. For me relationship hurt isnt a gender issue, its a sinful humanity issue. Its stupid and silly when a woman or a man decides they cant have a relationship with the opposite sex because they've been hurt by someone from the opposite sex.
Yes, I have been hurt by women. However, I would not,on purpose,hurt another woman. Why?,because,she may hurt a nice man,the nice man may hurt a nice woman,that woman may hurt a nice man,and it goes on, and on, and on. The most practical commandment that God has given us,IMHO is the Golden Rule,"Do unto others,as you would have them do unto you." I try to obey that commandment in EVERY area of my life. Well,
EXCEPT when I am playing a sport. This world would be a better place if most or all of us would obey that commandment. You are right. We humans are the cause of all of this misery on Earth. Some people ask,"If there is a GOD,why,why do we have such misery in this world?' Well, it is not God's
fault.It is us humans' fault.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Idk Peace, maybe its harder for one to get to know if mature Christian women are more attracted to other women buy online communication? That guy who says he will never ever find a woman, is it because the women around him are more attracted to other women? I wonder if some women would say its Gods will for them they are attracted to women instead of men?

Have a blessed week precious sister!

Thanks for the blessings for my week.. I will gladly take them.. blessings back to you too..

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟29,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
My two best friends are married. One other friend is almost 40. Some other friends that I have met, but don't actually hang out with don't have a lot of "women" friends either. I can only speak for myself, I am not afraid of getting hurt as much as I am afraid of being taken advantage of (not that I have anything to "take"). I am not afraid of a relationship, but afraid that the person may not be who he says he is. Maybe it's different for me, because my husband died IDK

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

Jenster

When you say "attracted towards other women," do you mean romantically -- or just in who they choose to hang out with as friends? 'Cause NO -- I don't know of ANY women who are choosing a lesbian relationship! :eek:

IF you have observed that mature Christian women prefer the company of other mature Christian women, I'd agree with you. There's a certain comfort level that kicks in after awhile. Women understand other women. They've shared similar experiences (especially if they are frustrated with the dating world, for example). They can talk and be themselves and feel understood and talk about faith with others who want to talk about faith.

I'm not saying that this is entirely healthy. But it happens when women are busy with working (aka supporting themselves) and involved in ministry, and so in their precious spare time, they just want to relax, have fun and feel UNDERSTOOD. Who better to feel understood by than another woman? They may not feel like they have the energy to hit the dating scene, get their hopes up, get rejected or have to reject someone. It's a lot of work!

I have seen my female friends completely "hide" in female friendships (or friendships with families), and only lately have some of them finally started admitting that they want to date and have husbands someday. It's taken YEARS for this to happen.

But to be fair, I also know men who do not ask women out and don't, for all appearances, make any effort to get out of their singleness. There are women who are wondering what it will take to get these guys to date them...

Upvote 0

hope_is_last_to_die

Dec 15, 2009
Emerald Isle!
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thanks Jen, yes romantically and I wouldnt be so shocked at this these days. Of course they try to disguise it as just a close friendship ;) Everyone wants to be understood but many people dont want to take the time to understand others and this is more so in opposite sex relationships. Real relationships are a lot of work, a real commitment is needed. Agree that there are some men who dont want to make an effort to get out of their singleness. However nearly all the single Christian men I know do want out of their singleness but cant find a mate, sigh.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
How to connect up that is the burning question.. I guess only GOD can do what seems impossible but are we believing that and looking to HIM who knows every star by name and every hair on our heads.. :) aww the lot of work to relationship.. think of relationships you have with good friends.. and kids and parents where it is flowing.. is it hard or easy?? We make thing so difficult don't we... just being thoughtful of the other person and enjoying them as they are is all we really need.. I think everyone needs to just lighten up and enjoy their lives.. we make it far more complicated then need be.. Being content, at peace.. happy.. and positive right where we are but seeking GOD would just about do it I think.. I am praying for all singles here looking for love.. hee hee.. I can see one by one us walking into our destinys and being happy about it.. :D

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟18,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
IF you have observed that mature Christian women prefer the company of other mature Christian women, I'd agree with you. There's a certain comfort level that kicks in after awhile. Women understand other women. They've shared similar experiences (especially if they are frustrated with the dating world, for example). They can talk and be themselves and feel understood and talk about faith with others who want to talk about faith.

I'm not saying that this is entirely healthy. But it happens when women are busy with working (aka supporting themselves) and involved in ministry, and so in their precious spare time, they just want to relax, have fun and feel UNDERSTOOD. Who better to feel understood by than another woman? They may not feel like they have the energy to hit the dating scene, get their hopes up, get rejected or have to reject someone. It's a lot of work!
I would say this is an exact mirror of what many men think!
But to be fair, I also know men who do not ask women out and don't, for all appearances, make any effort to get out of their singleness. There are women who are wondering what it will take to get these guys to date them...
Many men are happy being single. Especially men that have very busy lives. Plus the dating scene is often seen as being too stressful and disappointing by some guys.
However nearly all the single Christian men I know do want out of their singleness but cant find a mate, sigh.
I hear many Christian women say the same thing.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I guess the stress and disappointment of dating is a result of us choosing to base relationships on emotional love. If it was just finding someone we could get along with and it was almost like a business deal. You have this strength that will help me with this weakness. We will share the work load and so we can both live better. Then we could create a plan and work the plan.

But before we even consider most of those ideas, we have to find out if there is chemistry and get the love thing going. Then we find we aren't compatible and we know love wouldn't over come the differences so there is the emotional letdown from the break up. We don't like doing that to ourselves or others, so lets just sit on the side lines.

I think we tend to have it backwards. First find out if we think we could live together. If not then there isn't so emotional of a break up. If we think we could live together then go on to see about the love thing.

What's working best for me know is I live at my place during the week and her place on the weekend. I'm not sure either of us would like being together 24/7.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
J

Jenster

I think we tend to have it backwards. First find out if we think we could live together. If not then there isn't so emotional of a break up. If we think we could live together then go on to see about the love thing.
A woman at my old church tried to tell me this, but I didn't get it at the time. She was saying how she thought I would get along with this single guy at our church because she could see us sharing a household together. I was like, Yeah, but where's the ROMANCE?? :p

I think both romance and day-to-day compatibility are required for a successful relationship. But yes, most of the time we go for romance and ignore the other.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
‪Expressions of Love‬‏ - YouTube

I think you all might enjoy this.. ok we might be single right now.. yes.. and not like yes.. but how can we improve the relationships we do have right now.. yes.. with kids.. parents.. friends.. I think we are going to improve our chances to attract the right people.. if we ourselves are the right sort of person..

Upvote 0
Aug 3, 2011
Central Coast, NSW
✟15,201.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I find I have mostly female friends, but I'm actually not happy with that.... there just aren't any single guys around that I have even met! I'd LOVE to have some male company - friends to do things with and chat with, but the only one's I meet are on dating sites and if you're not interested in romance... then they get offended and won't be your friend! And as for christian males.... none.... they're all married... so, back to my female friends...

Upvote 0

hope_is_last_to_die

Dec 15, 2009
Emerald Isle!
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How to connect up that is the burning question.. I guess only GOD can do what seems impossible but are we believing that and looking to HIM who knows every star by name and every hair on our heads.. :) aww the lot of work to relationship.. think of relationships you have with good friends.. and kids and parents where it is flowing.. is it hard or easy?? We make thing so difficult don't we... just being thoughtful of the other person and enjoying them as they are is all we really need.. I think everyone needs to just lighten up and enjoy their lives.. we make it far more complicated then need be.. Being content, at peace.. happy.. and positive right where we are but seeking GOD would just about do it I think.. I am praying for all singles here looking for love.. hee hee.. I can see one by one us walking into our destinys and being happy about it.. :D
but sadly irl relationships arent so smooth and dont just flow! Why? because we all have a small problem called sin! I wish relationships were easy and just flowed and then I would be happily married!

Upvote 0