Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
What test should I use to find out if they are the same?
An example test:
In the Qu'ran. they swear by the stars, moon, sun, signs of the Zodiac etc. Celestial objects basically. and example can be found in Qu'ran 85:1

In Christianity and Judaism, in the Torah and New Testament.....you find no swearing of such things.

Another difference is this: Qu'ran 51:56 "I've created Jin [demons] and men only to worship Me. I do not want anything from them"

Now in the Torah and NT you find nowhere that God created Demons..Rather, the angels chose evil and fell.
Also, the God in Christianity/Judaism you don't find God saying that He dosen't want anything from them. He wants a relationship with us.

Upvote 0

Rasta

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2007
✟22,444.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
An example test:
In the Qu'ran. they swear by the stars, moon, sun, signs of the Zodiac etc. Celestial objects basically. and example can be found in Qu'ran 85:1

In Christianity and Judaism, in the Torah and New Testament.....you find no swearing of such things.

I'm sorry that's not a test, but a justification.

Now in the Torah and NT you find nowhere that God created Demons

False. Have you read the Torah?

Rather, the angels chose evil and fell.

Nope. The Torah lists a number of specific demons. http://atomick.net/fayelevine/pk/demons/pk003.php

Also, the God in Christianity/Judaism you don't find God saying that He dosen't want anything from them. He wants a relationship with us.

This is not true. In the OT they make sacrifices to divert god's wrath, he only wants a relationship in the NT.

Reactions: humblemuslim
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
An example test:

Another difference is this: Qu'ran 51:56 "I've created Jin [demons] and men only to worship Me. I do not want anything from them"

Now in the Torah and NT you find nowhere that God created Demons..Rather, the angels chose evil and fell.
All these differences tell me that perhaps God/Allah are the same God, but the two religion-creating cultures are approaching Him differently.
Or perhaps these are in fact two different real Gods. Or one is a false God.... many possibilities. Your tests are not definitive.

Upvote 0

Fixation On God

God knows your pain
May 30, 2009
Nebraska
✟8,007.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry that's not a test, but a justification.

False. Have you read the Torah?

Nope. The Torah lists a number of specific demons. Practical Kabbalah: Demons

This is not true. In the OT they make sacrifices to divert god's wrath, he only wants a relationship in the NT.

All these differences tell me that perhaps God/Allah are the same God, but the two religion-creating cultures are approaching Him differently.
Or perhaps these are in fact two different real Gods. Or one is a false God.... many possibilities. Your tests are not definitive.

Allah and Yahweh Part 1 - posted by Ed Stueart (edStueart) - tangle.com

Allah and Yahweh Part 2 - posted by Ed Stueart (edStueart) - tangle.com

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

humblemuslim

I am busy currently. Will be less active soon.
Mar 25, 2005
USA
✟19,528.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
An example test:

Actually that is an interpretation found in translations. Here is the literal translation:

Literal Qur'an Translation 85:1-3 said:
And/by the sky/space that of the constellations .

And/by the Day the Promised/Resurrection Day.
And/by a witness/testifier and a witnessed (against).

There is no word in the Arabic that translates to mean "Swear" or "Swearing". There are translations that do not take on this interpretation like the following one:

[85:1] The sky and its galaxies.
[85:2] The promised day.
[85:3] The witness and the witnessed.

As for the topic itself, I believe that it is nothing short of foolish for someone to claim that when we have a situation where two people say they worship the one true God, but call God by a different title/name/word, they are in fact evoking two different beings.

This position raises some questions.

1. How do you prove who is worshiping the real God? Bare assertions typically are what end up being utilized.

2. By stating someone else is worshiping another god, that is an acknowledgment of the existence of other gods...Thoughts?

3. If someone says I worship an apple and when asked to point out what they are talking about they point to an zebra instead. What matters? The word they used? Or the intention of their actions? In concrete examples like this the answer of what someone is addressing can be determined for certain. We can both walk over to it and say "This!". But when it comes to God we do not have that luxury. At least when it comes to Abrahamic religions, we can't just walk up to each other and point to something and say "This God!". Because by the very nature of our beliefs we are not allowed to depict God in any way.

My view is that there is a supreme being out there that goes by a plethora of names. That is given a multitude of attributes. People have a wide spectrum of beliefs regarding this being (And whether this being is alone or not in terms of equals). The names/attributes/beliefs associated with this being are not going to change the fundamental state this being is in. If the being turns out to be different from what we thought, that does not mean our intentions towards this being are voided or reflected. It just means we misidentified something about this being.

The special name argument insists God is not intelligent enough to realize when God is being evoked or worshiped by another name. If someone called me out saying "When Dude" or "Hey man" or "Brother" or maybe a nickname of sorts, what kind of person would I be if I ignored them because they did not use my personal/formal name. Someone without enough wits to determine they are talking to me I suppose. If humans can handle it, surely God can handle it.

Some people will even try mixing positions to achieve some convoluted argument that the two are not the same. Examples I frequently see:

1. References to "Allah" being a pagan deity (While simultaneously ignoring alleged pagan origins in their own religion and for their own deity).

2. Taking quotations from the Qur'an and Bible to show disagreement (That would mean one book is potentially right, not both. It is not a logical conclusion that the deity spoken of in the texts is different.)

3. Elaborate fairy tales about how the name "Allah" was chosen (Which again amount to bare assertions).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rrnwicks

Servant of God
Oct 4, 2007
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Allah: means god in arabic.

• Both are reffered to as the god of Abraham.
History tells us that when Mohammad created the Muslim religion, Allah was a Idol. In fact it was an idol like the $ idol you see. Mohammad lived in a place called Madina and crafted his religion from Christianity and the Jewish religion, his aim was to get his people (Arabic people) to live in peace. Mohammod, wanted to get rid of these idols and all icons and replace these icons with his idol Allah, but he got rid of the icon. Yes, once the middle east was full of God's and icons of Gods, they referred to them as God. The idol god Allah is referred to as God, but not the same God as the Christian God and Creator. Although, Muslim's refer to Allah as the Creator. Yes both are reffered to as the God of Abraham, but you cannot have it both ways. Most Muslim's are not aware of the origin of Allah and are being deceived. It is a shame because there are a lot of Muslims who are nice people but deceived by what they call their prophet Mohammad. In the Bible there was one who was to come after Jesus and he was called the comforter. Muslims believe that the one who came after Jesus was Mohammad. We know the comforter or the one to come after Jesus as the Holly Spirit or the one who lives within us and the one who takes our prayers to God in Jesus name. It's easy to be deceived in our world today. In the what is called the western world many people have become non believers and only believe in themselves or money or drugs and alcohol. Others believe in Evolution. You have to make the decision to follow the path to heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BruceDLimber

Baha'i
Nov 14, 2005
Rockville, Maryland, USA
✟18,339.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Greetings! :)

Allah and Yahweh are simply two of the names for the same deity!

In fact, God has MANY names and titles, in the various languages and cultures; and all of these are equally acceptable!

Just a few of these names (in various languages) are: God, Boje, Jehovah, Dieu, Wankantanka, El, Gott, Yahweh, Dios, Allah, Bog, Adonai, and Pavardegar.

And ANY of these are just fine! :)

I will also point out that Arab Christians worship Allah.

Simple difference of language.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Upvote 0

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Greetings! :)

Allah and Yahweh are simply two of the names for the same deity!

In fact, God has MANY names and titles, in the various languages and cultures; and all of these are equally acceptable!

Just a few of these names (in various languages) are: God, Boje, Jehovah, Dieu, Wankantanka, El, Gott, Yahweh, Dios, Allah, Bog, Adonai, and Pavardegar.

And ANY of these are just fine! :)

I will also point out that Arab Christians worship Allah.

Simple difference of language.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Our God has many name titles, and Allah is not one of them. Allah was never the God of Abraham; not even a concept of Him. Our God has only one name that He Himself has made known. Here is the scripture: "I am" is a profound statement of being and not His name. Pay particular attention to the parts in red. Here is what scripture says:
Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.

13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?” (Elohiym means, “God of The Living.”) It can also be translated as “god-s of the living” or “god-s of life;” for those who have life immortal.
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.” (HaYah) in the ancient Semitic language means: The Living, or The Life.)
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

Upvote 0