Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I thought I would repost a list I posted awhile back in the hermeneutics area. Mark Stibbe is a defender of and wrote 7 points he says makes up the Charismatic hermeneutics. It is "required" to accept(whether knowingly or unknowingly) to interpret miracles and speaking in tongues occur. There is nothing about the 7 point which tries to read context. What has happened to reading Scripture for what it says?

1. AN EXPERIENTIAL READING "The hermeneutical process often begins with the Holy Spirit working upon a person's heart and impressing him or her with a burning sense of the relevance of certain Scriptures for his situation." (184)

2. ANALOGICAL (pesher interpretation). "A charismatic hermeneutic begins with the story of what God is doing now, and then proposes analogies with the over-arching meta-narratives of Scripture." (185)

3. A COMMUNAL READING "Biblical interpretation is undertaken in a community and for a community". (186)

4. A CHRISTOLOGICAL READING (as in Acts 2:22-36) "A fresh sense of the glory and lordship of Jesus Christ." (187)

5. AN ESCHATALOGICAL READING "Emphasis on both the 'now' and the 'not yet' of the kingdom of God. (188)

6. AN EMOTIONAL READING "The emotions must be involved in our reading of Scripture, and indeed in our response to Scripture." (190)

7. A PRACTICAL READING "We must always ask, 'What is the consequence or fruit of such interpretations?" (192)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0