Archbishop Gänswein celebrates suffrage Mass on anniversary of Pope Benedict’s death

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — As an expression of ongoing affection and gratitude for the late Pope Benedict XVI, Pope Francis led tens of thousands of people in St. Peter’s Square in a round of applause for his predecessor on the first anniversary of his death.

“A year ago, Pope Benedict XVI concluded his earthly journey after having served the church with love and wisdom,” Pope Francis told an estimated 20,000 people gathered in the square for the midday recitation of the Angelus prayer Dec. 31.

Pope Benedict, who led the church from 2005 to 2013, died Dec. 31, 2022, at the age of 95.

“We feel so much affection, gratitude and admiration for him,” the pope said. “From heaven, he blesses and accompanies us.”

An emotional tribute from the late pope’s secretary​

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — As an expression of ongoing affection and gratitude for the late Pope Benedict XVI, Pope Francis led tens of thousands of people in St. Peter’s Square in a round of applause for his predecessor on the first anniversary of his death.

“A year ago, Pope Benedict XVI concluded his earthly journey after having served the church with love and wisdom,” Pope Francis told an estimated 20,000 people gathered in the square for the midday recitation of the Angelus prayer Dec. 31.

Pope Benedict, who led the church from 2005 to 2013, died Dec. 31, 2022, at the age of 95.

“We feel so much affection, gratitude and admiration for him,” the pope said. “From heaven, he blesses and accompanies us.”

An emotional tribute from the late pope’s secretary​

Continued below.
I miss Benedict. My only beef with him is that he left us in the hands of pope Francis. But who could have known that it would be so bad. So I don't hold that against him. He was dismayed too.

Yesterday I started the book that was published after he died, his 'What Is Christianity: Final Writings'. It is challenging but I feel like I hear his kind voice explaining deep truths to me. It's a blessing. I will have my nose in that book and thus expect to be a bit scarce around here. Then I go on retreat. I will be totally scarce around here for that. I found out that I am the 16th most prolific poster on CF. Another reason to cut back. I would rather not make the top 50.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I miss Benedict. My only beef with him is that he left us in the hands of pope Francis. But who could have known that it would be so bad. So I don't hold that against him. He was dismayed too.

Yesterday I started the book that was published after he died, his 'What Is Christianity: Final Writings'. It is challenging but I feel like I hear his kind voice explaining deep truths to me. It's a blessing. I will have my nose in that book and thus expect to be a bit scarce around here. Then I go on retreat. I will be totally scarce around here for that. I found out that I am the 16th most prolific poster on CF. Another reason to cut back. I would rather not make the top 50.
Chevy, this place is sparse anymore. It’s not difficult to rank in posts anymore here. Just saying, I would not let it worry you too much.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Chevy, this place is sparse anymore. It’s not difficult to rank in posts anymore here. Just saying, I would not let it worry you too much.
Some of it is the Democratic Party apologist atheists that are the biggest posters on CF. I don't even want to be considered in the same ranking with that sort.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some of it is the Democratic Party apologist atheists that are the biggest posters on CF. I don't even want to be considered in the same ranking with that sort.

I recently found myself in that category of 'prolific poster' also ...
and was shocked to see it! (I see so many others seeming to post much more, esp. in the politics area!)
:scratch:

So I don't know how these things are determined or measured ...
I do 'read' far more than I post ...
I do 'login' far more than I post ...
so maybe that counts for some of it ...
but in any case, 'we' apparently are considered here to be of the same 'reputation' ...
and that I do not consider to be such a bad thing!

lol

Upvote 0