Arbitrary Connections

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Did your feral have a voice?
(thinking back - ^Itchy^ died in 2004)
I do not think he did mew really. I suppose that is learned if raised with people becuase we talk and they realize they need sound for attention.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,916,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
"More Cowbell" was one of my very favorite SNL skits of all time, one that I found to be particularly hilarious :D

My word association became either "More Cowbell", or just "Cowbell" (in post #17931) based upon your previous word/phrase, "Saturday Night Live" :)

That's all.

Now I'm lost though. Is "MISSING" the word that we need to come up with an association for next :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,916,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Coneheads is from Saturday night live.
That's true, it was a skit too, just like More Cowbell was. Of course, the Coneheads skit happened a number of times (and they made it into a movie to boot), while the More Cowbell skit only happened twice, if memory serves.

When I don't know something (like "More Cowbell", for instance) I usually just Google it. I have, in fact, found some very interesting things out over the years by doing so :)

Doing the Google thing might make this game a bit more fun for you (which is what it's meant to be, fun, that is). I know it did for me :D And whenever I find myself at a complete loss to make a word association, I just wait for someone else to come along and make it instead so that I can have a shot at making a word association (or arbitrary connection) with their word (a word or phrase that I am hoping that I'll be more familiar with, of course).

God bless you!!

--David

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟340,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
At my age I have too much confusion, I don't need anymore. I find the two threads somehow intertwined which is also a confusion. I'll stick to the other one if I can:)
God bless you and have a nice weekend!!

(The shark skit was my favorite)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I have no idea if missing is the word, probably though
Remember, this is an arbitrary connection, and arbitrarily my mind heard the cowbell in the song, thus that was my connection. (laugh) So yes, the new word is "missing". :)

• Informative
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0