Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Which includes Marian veneration, multiple Marian feast days (even the bog-standard feria of Saturday is explicitly consecrated to Mary, so she's the default saint for Saturdays). And that's just the Latin Rite. The Byzantine Rite is much more Marian than ours.

She is the Mother of the Eucharist. As Christ dwells within us, He dwelt for 9 months in the womb of the Blessed Virgin. We would not have the Most Holy Eucharist without Mary, our Mother.

That would have remained hallow and sterile without the Virgin's fiat bringing Christ into the world.

The prefiguration of Mary in the Old Testament is simply astounding

Is there another creature kinder than the Queen of Peace?

And God dwells no more intimately in any other creature than in Mary.

Yours in Jesus and Mary,
Mary's Bhoy.
:thumbsup:

Well said.

Upvote 0

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You may contend all you like with whomever Z, nothing changes the fact that Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit and our Blessed Virgin Mary "Mother of God" are your Heavenly Father, Heavenly Brother and Heavenly Mother of Whom your soul will meet either when passing over to Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit and our Heavenly Mother Mary and/or when Jesus appears here on earth soon.

I suggest, as your Sister in Jesus Christ, to remember, acknowledge and repent any sins in relation to contending/debating and distorting the facts about Jesus/God The Most High's Heavenly Mother Mary of Whom is given the Holy Title (among many) of Queen of Heaven and Queen of Mercy for all souls and sinners.

As a non-Catholic, I cannot really debate this with you here lest I bring down the wrath of the admins....suffice to say I have never attempted to distort the truth of G-d in any shape or form.

Our Lady of Sorrows, Our Lady of Fatima, Our Lady Mary help of Christians, Our Lady Mary of Guadelope, and many many other Holy Titles granted by Jesus/God The Most High of Whom has appeared with our Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of God to many Saints throughout the ages; therefore Z, your other thread should not have read "Mariology" at all, given that Jesus Christ our Saviour has been appearing to many of these Saints with our Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of God.

As I understand it, Catholics are safe in their unbelief concerning these apparitions/appearances.

It is a Christian's and Catholic's duty to assist one another on our journeys coming closer to Jesus Christ our Saviour.

On that we can happily agree. :)

Satan cannot abide our Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of God and tries all types of tricks and deceit in leading people away from praying to our Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of God including tricks, deceit and slander to turn Catholics away from praying to our Blessed Virgin Mary's Holy Rosary that Jesus/God The Most High gave mankind through Saint Dominic and other Priests (now Saints) to pray while focussing on Jesus' bitter Passion and Jesus' Sorrowful Stations of His Cross.

My own thoughts are that Satan will use any means to take the focus off the L-rd, and making it religious often adds credibility.

Please refrain from this practice; your attempts in leading people away from praying to Jesus and our Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of God are extremely wrong.

Although I don't believe in praying 'to' anyone accept the Father through the Son, I have not attacked the Catholic tradition of 'petitioning' Mary...what I have done is to say that trying to join Mary to Jesus as a necessary part of our salvation is not right....and I believe that is extremely wrong...as some Catholics have also stated.

Love and kindest wishes your Sister in Jesus Christ our Saviour

That's very kind, and I wish you G-ds blessings, His wisdom and the joy of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
what I have done is to say that trying to join Mary to Jesus as a necessary part of our salvation is not right....and I believe that is extremely wrong...as some Catholics have also stated.

but God used Mary to give birth to Jesus Christ

so, if we like it or not, Mary IS part of the story of our salvation

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God, the Father of heaven,
Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world:
Have mercy on us.
God, the Holy Ghost,
Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, One God,
Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, pray for us. (repeat at end of each phrase.)
Holy Mother of God,
Holy Virgin of virgins,
Mother of Christ,
Mother of divine grace,
Mother most pure,
Mother most chaste,
Mother inviolate,
Mother undefiled,
Mother most amiable,
Mother most admirable,
Mother of good counsel,
Mother of our Creator,
Mother of our Savior,
Virgin most prudent,
Virgin most venerable,
Virgin most renowned,
Virgin most powerful,
Virgin most merciful,
Virgin most faithful,
Mirror of justice,
Seat of wisdom,
Cause of our joy,
Spiritual vessel,
Vessel of honor,
Singular vessel of devotion,
Mystical rose,
Tower of David,
Tower of ivory,
House of gold,
Ark of the covenant,
Gate of Heaven,
Morning star,
Health of the sick,
Refuge of sinners,
Comforter of the afflicted,
Help of Christians,
Queen of angels,
Queen of patriarchs,
Queen of prophets,
Queen of apostles,
Queen of martyrs,
Queen of confessors,
Queen of virgins,
Queen of all saints,
Queen conceived without original sin,
Queen assumed into heaven,
Queen of the most holy Rosary,
Queen of peace.
Lamb of God, who takest away the sins of the world,
Spare us, O Lord.
Graciously hear us O Lord.
Have mercy on us.
V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray:
Grant, O Lord God, we beseech Thee, that we Thy servants may rejoice in continual health of mind and body; and, through the glorious intercession of Blessed Mary ever Virgin, may be freed from present sorrow, and enjoy eternal gladness. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

It is good, and comforting to remember when praying the Litany to the Blessed Virgin Mary, that, as St. Bernard once put it “Mary has made herself all to all, and opens her merciful heart to all, that all may receive of her fullness: the sick, health; those in affliction, comfort; the sinner, pardon, and God, glory.”

(Jesus appeared to Saint Bernard)
www.catholictradition.org/Children/st-bernard.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0