Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It couldn't be done anywhere else but Jerusalem. This is the point of the maamad.The community would send representatives to Jerusalem to stand in their place.

Isn't the law that

Passover = Observe the month of Aviv and celebrate the Passover of the Lord your God,........Sacrifice as the Passover to the Lord your God an animal from your flock or herd at the place the Lord will choose as a dwelling for his Name..........You must not sacrifice the Passover in any town the Lord your God gives you 6 except in the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name

Shavuot- Count off seven weeks from the time you begin to put the sickle to the standing grain. 10 Then celebrate the Festival of Weeks to the Lord your God by giving a freewill offering in proportion to the blessings the Lord your God has given you. 11 And rejoice before the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Nameyou, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, the Levites in your towns, and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows living among you. 12Remember that you were slaves in Egypt, and follow carefully these decrees.

Sukkot - Celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles for seven days after you have gathered the produce of your threshing floor and your winepress. 14Be joyful at your festival—you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, and the Levites, the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns. 15For seven days celebrate the festival to the Lord your God at the place the Lord will choose.

Three times a year all your men must appear before the Lord your God at the place he will choose: at the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the Festival of Weeks and the Festival of Tabernacles. No one should appear before the Lord empty-handed

It sounds like to me that the men must appear before the L-RD in Jerusalem but the women, children, servants, Levites and foreigners can celebrate at home.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
No one has ever perfectly observed the Torah except those of us who live in the One who perfectly observed Torah.
You mean of course he observed all that he could but not the whole thing as that is for a whole nation.

Reactions: ContraMundum
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
When the law was given, there was no temple, Jerusalem, or Israel. Observance has never been location locked down.
Vis, you know that's not true. ;)

Three times a year all your men must appear before the Lord your God at the place he will choose: at the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the Festival of Weeks and the Festival of Tabernacles. No one should appear before the Lord empty-handed

At the time the Torah was written the place hadn't been chosen or revealed these commandments were given for when they inhabited the land.

The only exemption for observance was given for Passover, if one was away or defiled they could celebrate in the second month on the 14th day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟285,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
OK..I consider myself a messianic gentile. I am a born again christian. I truly believe the traditional Sabbath as Saturday as well as the
HHoly days. As a gentile I am given to understand these things r optional however I myself feel led to observe MJ best I can..still learning. Therefore I do eat pork on occasion and some self serving on the Sabbath which I try to avoid. Did Paul do wrong? I believe he was with the Lord ..that can't b wrong. He had a lot to learn. As to me being a gentile, am I bound by the Judaic covenant..? Not circumsition and such but dietary laws etc. I agree with them but am not faithful. I know the bible says there is one law. Just a little confused about gentile involvement in all this. Was given to understand it was our choice not a command to attach ourselves to the MJ way of life although I do embrace it

Hello,

1 John 3:10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

1 Peter 1:14-16 As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, 15 but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”

This doesn't say that Gentiles are to have a righteous and holy conduct if they feel like it. The Mosaic Covenant was a contract to obey God's law, but while we are not bound by that contract, we should still obey God's law. God's law does not command all Gentiles to become circumcised, so that is not something you need to do.

Upvote 0

sahjimira

God of miracles.. He saved ME!
Jul 29, 2015
Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello,

1 John 3:10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

1 Peter 1:14-16 As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, 15 but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”

This doesn't say that Gentiles are to have a righteous and holy conduct if they feel like it. The Mosaic Covenant was a contract to obey God's law, but while we are not bound by that contract, we should still obey God's law. God's law does not command all Gentiles to become circumcised, so that is not something you need to do.

Upvote 0

sahjimira

Jul 29, 2015
Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello,

Upvote 0

sahjimira

Jul 29, 2015
Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello,

Upvote 0

sahjimira

Jul 29, 2015
Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello,

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
Vis, you know that's not true.

At the time the Torah was written the place hadn't been chosen or revealed these commandments were given for when they inhabited the land.

tHe only exemption for observance was given for Passover, if one was away or defiled they could celebrate in the second month on the 14th day.
You are saying that no observance for 40 years of desert wandering?

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
You are saying that no observance for 40 years of desert wandering?
Yes that is what is believed. Why did Joshua have all the males circumcised before entering the land?
They were wandering Jews, they were nomadic at that time. The plan was to lead them out of Egypt, take them to the mountain, make the covenant, teach the Torah and the moedim and then to take them directly into the land so they could put all these instructions to use. However the spies came back with the report that they were afraid of the inhabitants and would not go in, thus they were punished and were set to wander until that generation died out. 40 years for 40 days of reconnaissance. Remember that many of the laws pertain to the land and wandering around they had no land. They only had manna to eat, no barley or wheat to make offerings with.

Amos says:25

"Did you present Me with sacrifices and grain offerings in the wilderness for forty years, O house of Israel?

That is why we have the book of Deuteronomy, everything that was told the generation coming out of Egypt had expired, the new generation had to be taught the Torah before they entered the land.

Numbers lays it out:

Your sons shall be shepherds for forty years in the wilderness, and they will suffer for your unfaithfulness, until your corpses lie in the wilderness. 34 According to the number of days which you spied out the land, forty days, for every day you shall bear your guilt a year, even forty years, and you will know My opposition. 35 'I, the L-RD, have spoken, surely this I will do to all this evil congregation who are gathered together against Me. In this wilderness they shall be destroyed, and there they will die.'"

Shepherds do not plant crops, thus no meal offerings, shepherds do not plant orchards, thus no olives, no oil for the offerings.

Basically what they were doing in the wilderness between Egypt and the land was a rehearsal, kinda like what the Temple Institute is doing right now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums