Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi all,

Regarding Hebrews 6:4-6

Please let me know if you agree or disagree with the message in this short 5 minute video on Apostasy?

Thanks and God bless...

Love lots of this guys message, but he totally blew the meaning of the Hebrews Passage.

He failed in keeping it in its general context, its historical context and its grammatical context.

All SCriptures are equally inspired by God, but not all Scriptures all equally applicable to all men at all times! This and that other nasty passage in Hebrews 10 are examples of verses that are not equallyapplicable.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with most of the video, however I am not so sure of the interpretation at the end. It could be true but I see it in the following way.

Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

In order to crucify afresh the son of God, that sacrifice must be no longer available. But we know:

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

We see from Hebrews 9:27-28 that the cross covers a lifetime of sins. All of our sins are forgiven in this life time.

So in order for the sacrifice to be no longer available, a person must have died in their sins. In that state their no no room found to repent, their is no second sacrifice.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sacrifice... Jewish that were saved would sin.. go back and try to offer a sacrifice for that sin. There is no more sacrifice for sin. Can Christ die again? Hebrews.. hello written to? :) so in doing that it put Christ to open shame.

Some read the no more sacrifice .. young weak in the faith as.. if I sin again.. willingly there is no more sacrifice for that sin which means I am lost gone! NOPE! Not even what it means. Christ died ONCE for sin. Not like some lamb or two goats once a year. This was the SON of the living God. So His blood didn't cover sin.. its gone! As the Father said OT I will remember their sin no more.

Then how many times do we read "tasted". Is that what you have done so far? Only tasted of God? There are some like this... they tasted of God.. and then walk away. Whats going to bring them back? Not really sure how many have really tasted of the powers to come. I think its far and few.

Yet in the in the end.. praise God it pays so to be blind. If you were blind you would have no sin. You say you see your sin remains. To which version of the truth (mans) of this Heb 6/Heb 10 is GOD going to hold us accountable to? No really search on this and keep your own personal view out of it. Man its all over the place. I can lol listen to two great men/women of God on this with two different views and walk away with.. yeah.. she was right.. no wait he was right! haha

So do you repent after you sin? Do you want to freely sin? Does it bother you when you sin? You have nothing then to ever worry about.. fear is not of God anyway. Those that tasted.. walk away.. do not think care about sin.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi all,

Please let me know if you agree or disagree with the message in this short 5 minute video on Apostasy?

Thanks and God bless...

I disagree with him in that there is nothing in the bible that contradicts Hebrews 6. His examples of the backsliding Jews of the old testament and the prodigal son don't apply. They had not "once been enlightened ", etc., and they had not been "made partakers of the Holy Spirit".

He is attempting to rationalize away the plain meaning in favor of his own tradition.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi all,

Thanks and God bless...

His overall message was whenever possible use the entirety of all scripture on a subject matter and not formulate beliefs on single texts. That is a good message and is good advice.

However, I understand it this way ....

Apostasy is a permanent condition and backsliding is a temporary condition. There is a difference between the two terms.

Upvote 0

Jay Sea

................ Ke ĉiuj vivu
Mar 28, 2020
victoria
✟26,347.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
His overall message was whenever possible use the entirety of all scripture on a subject matter and not formulate beliefs on single texts. That is a good message and is good advice.

However, I understand it this way ....

Apostasy is a permanent condition and backsliding is a temporary condition. There is a difference between the two terms.
who says apostasy is permanent!!! only God knows the heart of man. Accept them and love them despite their apostasy.

in love
Jay

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
who says apostasy is permanent!!! only God knows the heart of man. Accept them and love them despite their apostasy.

in love
Jay

like I said .... it depends on what your definition of apostasy is. Judas Iscariot a prime example.

Apostasy CAN be permanent ... and I agree with you that only God knows the heart.

Apostasy (/əˈpɒstəsi/; Greek: ἀποστασία ápostasía, "a defection or revolt") is the formal disaffiliation from, abandonment of, or renunciation of a religion by a person.

We are called to love everybody ... even our enemies.

Upvote 0