• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

AP Poll: Many think health overhaul should do more

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by sinner/SAVED, Sep 25, 2010.

1. sinner/SAVED

sinner/SAVED homo unis libri / εραστής της φρόνησης

+161
    Methodist
    US-Democrat
    A new AP poll finds that Americans who think the law should have done more outnumber those who think the government should stay out of health care by 2-to-1.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. lemmings

lemmings Veteran

+125
    Atheist
    Private
    I don't think that is enough support for Democratic politicians to do anything. I think they want to ask Lieberman, Snowe, and a few others what their position is on it first.

3. Schneiderman

Schneiderman Senior Veteran

+206
    Christian
    Single
    Why did they not provide examples of the questions asked?

Not that it really matters, even if 99% of the population supported federal health care management, it's still unconstitutional. But then that doesn't really matter these days either anyway.

4. lordbt

lordbt $

+934
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    Since a majority of Americans think the new health care bill is junk, will make things worse, and does nothing to control costs, it makes sense that they would answer that they think it should do more.

5. DuneSoldier

DuneSoldier Regular Member

+21
    Christian
    Single
    If 99% of the population supported federal health care management, the Constitution would probably get another amendment.

6. Schneiderman

Schneiderman Senior Veteran

+206
    Christian
    Single
    In which case it would become constitutional. That's how it works.

7. DuneSoldier

DuneSoldier Regular Member

+21
    Christian
    Single
    I'm agreeing with you. Actually I expect when the first person gets fined for not having health insurance this will be challenged and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

8. Harpuia

Harpuia Oldie... very very oldie...

+826
    United States
    Deist
    Engaged
    US-Others
    Well, yeah. This is an obvious answer.

Peope are still angry over what unregulated health care did to them. The Obamacare plan was so half-baked and proved that we can't handle any sort of compromise. So we're either going to have to go all-gov't or all-private with our health care, and since memories of the corruption of the all-private version is still fresh in everybody's minds, they obviously call for the alternative.

9. variant

variant Happy Cat

+3,509
    Agnostic
    Single
    I think it's simply a bad deal. Mandating that people buy insurance, removing lifetime caps and mandating that people with pre-existing conditions get covered isn't going to make it cost less, not now and not in the future.

It simply didn't directly address the problem of healthcare costs rising considerably faster than wages or inflation, while corporations are looking to cut out their roll in providing health care, and that is the real problem with the old system.

10. YoungJoonKim

YoungJoonKim Senior Member

+53
    Christian
    CA-Conservatives
    Yeah, this health care is totally irrelevant to fixing the system...

11. Panzerkamfwagen

Panzerkamfwagen Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.

+19
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    So far, the effects I've noticed are continuing health insurance to age 26, which doesn't affect me at all and it essentially did away with the HSA.

So, now, if I want to use my HSA for over the counter medicines, I have to spend time and money to go to the doctor, sit in the doctor's office for a while and get a prescription for the things I need. How dumb is that?

So far for me, it's made health care less affordable.

12. GQ Chris

GQ Chris ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers

+1,751
    Calvinist
    Single
    It is the obamacare deform bill.

13. GQ Chris

GQ Chris ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers

+1,751
    Calvinist
    Single
    Thank you barry.

14. sinner/SAVED

+161
    Methodist
    US-Democrat
    YOu need to check with your insurance company. I still have my HSA. There is no requirement in the Affordability act that affects HSA's.

15. Panzerkamfwagen

Panzerkamfwagen Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.

+19
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Yes there is:

16. sinner/SAVED

+161
    Methodist
    US-Democrat
    Ok, well mine never covered non-prescription items anyway.....so it really doesn't affect mine.