Grommit

malloc(sizeof(dork));
Sep 8, 2003
Drowning in a puddle of rain.
✟498.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey Alex,

I'd love to be your partner, but, I've already found one (hehe, well.. kinda ;)), and more importantly, I already finished the book myself a few days ago. :D

Looking back I do not believe you *need* a partner to get the most out of the book. The main purpose of having a partner or a study group is to share your thoughts with each other and see things from other peoples perspectives, but, you will learn so much on your own, regardless of who you read it with, because the book does a great job of clearly conveying the main point of each chapter that you really won't have many questions as to it's intent and meaning. That said, having a partner would have made reading the book much more enjoyable since there were many days where I had great insights which I wanted to share with someone I cared for, but, it's ok... I still got MUCH out of the book. :)

I would say the best benefit of having a partner would be to encourage each other to keep reading the book consistently. There were a few days where I didn't have the time, heart, energy, or strength to read the book and I know having someone there with me would have made it easier but in the end I decided I would do this for God and that was more than enough motivation for me to keep with the course. Plus, you can always come here and share your insights with all of us and ask us any questions you have as well, and, if you want, you can also PM me and I'll talk with you about the book. Just make sure you read it!!! ;)

The book is very well written and get's to the point of Christian living. I think everyone should read it at least casually. A lot of the topics he covers are basic things I'm sure many have heard before, but, it's delivered in a challenging and uplifting way. This was by far one of the best books I've read my whole life.

Good luck finding a partner. If you can't find one, don't worry about it too much. Just make sure you read that book! :D

Upvote 0