Anyone want to know how to make the Perfect Pot Roast?

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The cost of food is higher for beef. You can feed pigs anything--they'll even eat people---beef are a little more discerning, not to mention that they smell just a tiny bit better--not by much. And pigs are very destructive to the ground--they dig up everything---the beef just eat what's on top.

Yes I have heard that pigs are not house broken. Down the road from where I used to live; I went past this little place not much bigger then the width of the road and thought I seen a grey car moving thru the yard. Went by and checked it out later a seen that it was a huge sow pig. It was bigger then a Volkswagen bug; longer and wider; I heard later that it weighed over 1,200Lbs and had hundreds of piglet offspring. Would not want to meet that monster in the woods; as they said she could be ornery.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yes I have heard that pigs are not house broken. Down the road from where I used to live; I went past this little place not much bigger then the width of the road and thought I seen a grey car moving thru the yard. Went by and checked it out later a seen that it was a huge sow pig. It was bigger then a Volkswagen bug; longer and wider; I heard later that it weighed over 1,200Lbs and had hundreds of piglet offspring. Would not want to meet that monster in the woods; as they said she could be ornery.

They're as intelligent as a dog and can be trained. As a child I became best buds with a big white pig at a home I was staying in. We were buds, I was around 5. I told him everything my little heart had. I woke up to a horrible screaming one morning, looked out the window just in time to see the machete coming down his belly--I screamed for 3 days. They had strung him up by his back legs and hoisted him up on a beam. Hated pork for years. Had to cook it with my 1st husband. And I did learn to eat it as I did once own a Mexican restaurant, but it was no hardship to give up when I went back to church.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They're as intelligent as a dog and can be trained. As a child I became best buds with a big white pig at a home I was staying in. We were buds, I was around 5. I told him everything my little heart had. I woke up to a horrible screaming one morning, looked out the window just in time to see the machete coming down his belly--I screamed for 3 days. They had strung him up by his back legs and hoisted him up on a beam. Hated pork for years. Had to cook it with my 1st husband. And I did learn to eat it as I did once own a Mexican restaurant, but it was no hardship to give up when I went back to church.

oh boy--that would be traumatic for a child. At about the same age (maybe 4) back in small town of Minnesota in the 50s; I had sort of the opposite happen; the neighbors had a pig; about the size of a large dog and it got loose and chased me on to the hood of our car; trying to bite my legs tell my mom came out and chased it away. Needless to say; I didn't like pigs after that but have seen little ones that are cute; just keep them away from my legs!:eek:

Upvote 0