Who is Robert Breaker? Is He a False Teacher?

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is but ONE Gospel.

Galatians 1:8
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
There is but ONE Gospel.

Galatians 1:8
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

I thought there were 4 in the NT?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Galatians 1:11-13 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
Paul’s Vindication of His Apostleship
11 For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not man's gospel. 12 For I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Which Gospel is he on about? He didn't receive it from 'Man' He wasn't 'Taught' it. It came 'Direct' from Christ!!

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Galatians 1:11-13 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
Paul’s Vindication of His Apostleship
11 For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not man's gospel. 12 For I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Which Gospel is he on about? He didn't receive it from 'Man' He wasn't 'Taught' it. It came 'Direct' from Christ!!

How Paul Received the one Gospel was certainly via a different "vehicle" if you will, but it's still the same ONE Gospel that was delivered to Matt, Mark, Luke and John..

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I got everything I ever needed to know from John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16".

& Johnny B. Goode, John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt, Johnny Cash & John Handcock

Upvote 0

ianb321red

Aug 27, 2011
Surrey
✟18,267.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I started subscribing to this bloke a couple of weeks ago on You Tube.
Was initially quite keen on him.
Then i came across a couple of pointless talks on 23rd September and on whether the name Barrack Hussein Obama is in the bible, which i found pretty much a waste of time.
I don't like the fact that he refers to a 'pre wrath' view as unbiblical/ false teaching, simply because he holds on to a pre-trib view himself - when he's addressed this point further, he simply pulls up a passage from 2 Thessalonians about false teaching, but without addressing WHY it is false teaching!

So he's a little bit annoying now - my finger is hoovering over the unsubscribe button....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusIneedYou

Jan 13, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟8,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have totally gone off the guy in the Video now!! I will stick to Catholic teachings. Been checking out better 'Catholic' videos online etc.
catholic false I was a catholic yes we are supposed honor Mary but not worship her, pray to her, she does not intercede for us, shes dead in heaven with Jesus. Jesus is the only one who intercedes for us.

Upvote 0

Jewelie Dee

Sep 25, 2017
Northeast
✟15,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First off, if this is in the wrong part of the forum i apologise.

Anyone heard or seen Robert Breaker Videos? I have seen a couple and today this one:

I found it very interesting.

Anybody able to comment? Thanks

I found him recently, and, although he is somewhat abrasive (must be Southern Baptist -ha!), his doctrine appears to be quite sound. I really enjoy him when he is not condemning everyone who doesn't agree with him.

Reactions: lindseystark
Upvote 0

Fran In Missouri

Oct 29, 2017
Shelbina
✟7,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Anyone heard or seen Robert Breaker Videos? I have seen a couple and today this one:

I often watch his videos. Very well done and Bible based.

Reactions: lindseystark
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I thought there were 4 in the NT?

The four you reference are: One Gospel according to; Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

It is their words, of what they heard and speak forward to us.
You will find, some of their words an exact match, and also find their own expression of how two different men say the same thing.

Not much different of how you and 3 friends may hear the same speech, then each tell others of the one speech, each in your own words.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Never heard of him. Can't watch his video. The meaning of Gospel, is the teaching of the revelation of Christ. It appears your video guy is teaching there are numerous "gospels".

In the OT, there was no "revelation" of Christ. "HE" specific was secret to OT men.

In the OT, there was "prophecy" (a foretelling / revealing of information / knowledge, but not a revealing of Christ Himself)...a revealing/ foretelling of the coming of the Lord, a Savior, to save men from their sins.

In the NT, there was a "revealing" of Jesus Himself.

Near the mid-to ending of the Gospels, there was a "revealing" of knowledge;
that Jesus IS the Christ.

Some believed, some didn't. No different today.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Jason Perkins

Oct 26, 2017
QLD
✟8,134.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Breaker thinks those who obey Jesus are not justified and that one can only go to heaven if they are lawless. His error is that he thinks the law and the prophets were until Paul but they were until John the baptist (Luke 16:16) so when the apostle Paul said no flesh shall be justified by the works of the Law (Gal 2:16) he was talking about pre-Jesus law not that no flesh shall be justified through Jesus' teachings.

Upvote 0