Anyone recommend a book/resource on prayer/praying/interceding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prayergal

Instrument of Peace
Sep 29, 2007
Central Valley in California
✟8,977.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've read a lot of books on prayer by all of the main authors that are out there. And I have read magazines and done many studies. The best one that I have found in a long time--believe it or not-- is Joyce Meyer's The Power of Simple Prayer How to talk to God about everything. It is just like the title says--so simple. But it is a good book to get you started on terms and how to's. The other resource that I really, really like is Pray! magazine. And you can get back issues on dedicated topics or surf for specific articles on topics of interest by logging onto their website. Just type Pray magazine into your search engine and up it comes. The other thing that I am currently enjoying is a 52 week school of prayer that is offered totally free on-line by Eddie and Alice Smith. If you sign up for that you will get a weekly lesson coming in to your e-mail which you can study, read, print and save. And they even send audio messages on topics of interest. God bless!

Reactions: simpleone
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
PROD_IMAGES_KNEECUSF_IJGTKMJY_JQ==_221235115.JPG

Best all around book I have found.

Some Fools rush in - and get all the best seats
The others just stay home criticizing.

Last edited:
Reactions: simpleone
Upvote 0

simpleone

Veteran
Jan 30, 2007
✟18,099.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I heard that new book Fasting 101 is really good and although its not just about prayer it is a way of making your prayer more effectual. Have not personally read it though.

Thanks...I did a google search on this book but came across some body cleansing stuff...hmmm..who is the author if you dont mind? thx

The other resource that I really, really like is Pray! magazine. And you can get back issues on dedicated topics or surf for specific articles on topics of interest by logging onto their website. Just type Pray magazine into your search engine and up it comes. The other thing that I am currently enjoying is a 52 week school of prayer that is offered totally free on-line by Eddie and Alice Smith. If you sign up for that you will get a weekly lesson coming in to your e-mail which you can study, read, print and save. And they even send audio messages on topics of interest. God bless!

I will check out this Pray magazine...thanks! :)

prayer asking and receiving by john rice. out of print, but a POWERFUL book, based on scripture. there's real meat here in this one, its a book that'll make you grow if you study the scripture behind it.

Thanks...will try to find out more about this book....meat is what I want! :)

PROD_IMAGES_KNEECUSF_IJGTKMJY_JQ==_221235115.JPG

Best all around book I have found.

Some Fools rush in - and get all the best seats

The others just stay home criticizing.

Thanks Balance - actually I was very quickly flipping thru this book few days ago at the TACF bookstore (didnt have much time sicne they were closing)...i have to see it again....hmm..one thing which keeps me away from this one (tho will not discount it) - is just the whole wof thing...but perhaps there is some truth in this? ..

I haven’t had a chance to read it, but I have heard nothing but ravereviews of Philip Yancey’s book on prayer:.

~Jim

Fools rush in - and get all the best seats.

0310271053.jpg

Saw this in the store too....have to go again to see it properly...

I must have spent 30 mins or so in the prayer book section wondering which one! ^_^ ...I was quietly asking the Lord to help me in this....I know God is calling me to pray/intercede and I'll take all teh help I cna get to be an effective vessel.... :)

thanks for yoru posts guys....I guess I was looking for some titles/authors - just an idea - which you have all provided....so now i will do more research and prayer.....​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.