fragglerocker

Oct 9, 2004
Nebraska
✟413.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I posted this in the education forum, but I need extra advice about this, so I thought this thread would be appropriate.

Does anyone know anything about Taylor University in Upland, IN? Or, more specifically, anything about the campus at Fort Wayne? I know it's not specifically a Bible college, but it does claim to be Bible based, and much of their required curriculum is Biblical.

I'm prayerfully considering transferring to this college, but I have little information on it, other than the catalog and website. I have talked to a couple of the admissions counselors and I have loved everything I've heard so far.

I'm searching for a very Christ-centered college, as my current college is extremely liberal and is teaching me things that directly contradict the Bible. I also am feeling God may be calling me into ministry or Christian counseling. If anyone has any information on Taylor U, especially any experience/knowledge about it's focus on Christ, I would appreciate it very, very much!

Thanks and God bless!

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you want to know?

Taylor is a Christian Liberal Arts College. It's one of the oldest and it has a fine academic and Christian reputation. Taylor people are very proud to be Taylor people. Most of them bleed purple (the school coplor) when you cut them. The student body is fairly homogeneous - white, upper-middle class and republican.

Upland is literally in the middle of nowhere! Ft. Wayne is not far away and offers a different enviroment in a city. (Once upon a time the campus was Ft. Wayne Bible College.)

Why Ft. Wayne? A program or simply a preference in location? If you like that part of the country other nearby CHristian colleges are Huntington, Indiana Wesleyan, Anderson, Bethel...

If you want to check out other Christian colleges you can findan excellent list of them at: www.cccu.org

Upvote 0

invisiblebabe

He will restore the years the locust hath eaten
Feb 12, 2004
Second star to the right, and straight on 'til mor
✟20,234.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Taylor is a very reputable school. One of my very good friends goes there, and I have visited campus a handful of times. From what I know about it, I would recommend it... but yes, it IS in the middle of nowhere ;)

Upvote 0

wemmick

Jun 25, 2004
✟7,663.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My brother and sil are both Taylor (Upland) graduates. If it were closer to home, I would have gone there in a heartbeat. To me, the campus feels prayed over, the students and faculty are friendly and helpful. Ft. Wayne is bigger than Upland, so if you're concerned about size but looking at the Ft. Wayne campus, it's not as much of an issue as if you are on the Upland campus. I highly, highly recommend Taylor. My brother and sister in law loved it and still speak verrrrry fondly of their Taylor days. Her younger brother chose Taylor, and is a junior there in fact.

May the Lord guide you in your college decision, :)
Becca
p.s. My best piece of advice about the college decision is if you are prayerfully considering the schools and seeking to be in God's will you can't really go wrong. You can be God's child and glorify Him regardless of what school you are at. I hope it's a clearcut choice for your preferences though. :)

Upvote 0