Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi there. Just kind of reintroducing myself since I've been gone for so long.

I have Weimaraners. 5 of them actually. And 1 Boxer. We are quite the happy family. There's Topper, Alley (Boxer), Laney, Jazz, Spirit and Whisper. Topper will be 3 at the end of this month, Whisper will be 8 weeks. Everyone else falls somewhere inbetween.

I do conformation shows, obedience, agility, tracking, rally, hunt tests and retriever ratings with my dogs.

Topper has his conformation Championship, as well as a rally, obedience and CGC title. Next week we go for some hunting titles.

If there were any doubt, I love my dogs, and would love to talk dog with anyone and everyone!

Reactions: soblessed53

Celtic Camel

Nov 28, 2004
wandering a journey in eternity
Visit site
✟16,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
:wave: hi
I don't have a weimy, but a friend of mine does (after I recommended they get one a few years ago) Vala, their girl, is beautiful... such a smart and talented 'puppy'... (think she's nearly 5 maybe...)

As for me, I have a 10y.o. belgian terv. named Kora...
(well, she's mine, but my folks also have a 6 y.o. male,Cai, who believes he's mine too and can't understand why I keep leaving him at my parents place when I take Kora home with me...poor baby:scratch: )Wish I could have them both live with me, but Cai is terrified of strangers, so moving him to a new home would just traumatise the darling boy too much...:sigh:
Anyway, enough about my babies...
Just wanted to say that Weim's are really beautiful, amazing dogs - everyone needs to have met at least one!:clap:

Upvote 0

lovestrav

Mar 17, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow! 5 Weimaraners and a boxer...I can't even begin to imagine the energy level in your house! :p
Yes, we have energy here and yes, they are wonderful beautiful amazing dogs. They are definitely not for everyone!

I am an active person, so it helps that we all get our energy out together!

Upvote 0

Enacielle777

"See possibility. Here hope. Speak love."
Mar 31, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟9,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi there. Just kind of reintroducing myself since I've been gone for so long.

I have Weimaraners. 5 of them actually. And 1 Boxer. We are quite the happy family. There's Topper, Alley (Boxer), Laney, Jazz, Spirit and Whisper. Topper will be 3 at the end of this month, Whisper will be 8 weeks. Everyone else falls somewhere inbetween.

I do conformation shows, obedience, agility, tracking, rally, hunt tests and retriever ratings with my dogs.

Topper has his conformation Championship, as well as a rally, obedience and CGC title. Next week we go for some hunting titles.

If there were any doubt, I love my dogs, and would love to talk dog with anyone and everyone!
I don't have a Weimy, but I do have four labs...it is actually a Weimy that led to us getting our labs...When we move to Texas in a year, we will be adding a Weimy to our family though, as I know my husband and I still desire one!

Upvote 0

lovestrav

Mar 17, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is a great Weimaraner club in Texas, and I would be happy to give you a few recommendations for when you're looking for a dog. We have some great breeders in Texas and Oklahoma, but as always, there are alot of bad breeders out there too!

I used to have a couple lab mixes, and my best friend breeds labradors. They are a great dog, but I love the uniqueness, energy, and companionship that the Weim has to offer.

Upvote 0

lovestrav

Mar 17, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Weims are cool looking dogs,but I understand they get seperation anxiety,and can be destructive if they feel you have been gone too long. I had a friend that owned one,when I was a kid.
Yes, Weims can be destructive if they do not have an owner that understands their personality type and how to interact with a dog. Training is very very important. We have 6 dogs that live in the home with us. They can be left unattended without worry, but, why put them in a place where they could misbehave. Did I say training was important? It is vital!!!

They are such great dogs!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.