Anyone else find these numbers troubling?

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"More people die of gunshot suicide than are killed in home invasions."
People are also very likely to use bleach and ropes, does this mean we should ban this products?

"Having a gun does not guarantee your protection. Families with a gun(s) in the house are more likely to lose a loved one(s) to gun shot death(s). People are capable of ambush. Drawing a gun might bring gunfire on a person by someone claiming self defense."
How will you defend your family against a mob from ANTIFA and BLM, what if they murder your kids and rape your wife. People need to have the right to defend themselves. From what I know Japan is safe thanks to its police and the Yakuza sindicate honor, from what I know they want to defund the police.
People who have guns in their homes are more likely to die than people in homes without guns. This is due to accidental shootings and domestic violence being more common than home invasion murders.
The health risk of having a gun in the home | MinnPost

I am blessed to have neighbors who do not murder and rape each other. If I were in the big city again and there was a riot in the streets. I would not go out to confront them or to join them. In my opinion the Antifa were more peaceful than the BLM rioters and criminals looting and destroying property. They burned parts of cities after Martin Luther King was assassinated. Most Blacks were not involved. Martin Luther King advised peaceful protests, not violence.

Matthew 26 (WEB) Jesus was Arrested

...Then they came and laid hands on Jesus, and took him. 51 Behold, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, and struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.

52 Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place, for all those who take the sword will die by the sword.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
According to the SOP: This is a safehouse forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Some people refuse to live peaceably.
Some relish lawlessness.
Some enjoy harming others.

US citizens have the right to bear arms. If you forgo your right, that’s okay. God doesn’t prevent every calamity. Nor does He stop all wrongdoing.

Bad things happened before Jesus came.
Bad things happened while Christ walked the earth.
Bad things are happening now.

Evil never sleeps.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
People who have guns in their homes are more likely to die than people in homes without guns. This is due to accidental shootings and domestic violence being more common than home invasion murders.
The health risk of having a gun in the home | MinnPost

I am blessed to have neighbors who do not murder and rape each other. If I were in the big city again and there was a riot in the streets. I would not go out to confront them or to join them. In my opinion the Antifa were more peaceful than the BLM rioters and criminals looting and destroying property. They burned parts of cities after Martin Luther King was assassinated. Most Blacks were not involved. Martin Luther King advised peaceful protests, not violence.

Matthew 26 (WEB) Jesus was Arrested

...Then they came and laid hands on Jesus, and took him. 51 Behold, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, and struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.

52 Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place, for all those who take the sword will die by the sword.

"...Then they came and laid hands on Jesus, and took him. 51 Behold, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, and struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear."
Our lord Jesus knew he needed to took that cup of wrath. Imagine if the whole first church were slaughter before spreading the gospel.

"I am blessed to have neighbors who do not murder and rape each other. If I were in the big city again and there was a riot in the streets. I would not go out to confront them or to join them. In my opinion the Antifa were more peaceful than the BLM rioters and criminals looting and destroying property. They burned parts of cities after Martin Luther King was assassinated. Most Blacks were not involved. Martin Luther King advised peaceful protests, not violence."
Not everyone is bless as you are, there are people who need to protect themselves. I wish they were fighting to have a better police force and increase the budget. People will use knifes to murder and rape, making guns unavailable will change nothing. What people need is better cops.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not everyone is bless as you are, there are people who need to protect themselves. I wish they were fighting to have a better police force and increase the budget. People will use knifes to murder and rape, making guns unavailable will change nothing. What people need is better cops.
They are trying to cut taxes anyway they can. That is not funding the police is it?

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
They are trying to cut taxes anyway they can. That is not funding the police is it?
Taxes were always the solution against criminals. In ancient times, people collected taxes to have full time knights that protect them from raiders. I dont get why they are doing this. I hope everything gets back to normal in California.

Last edited:
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
120521537_371877697167078_6074824011599053735_n.png
Does not bother me one bit.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Makes sense because:

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone (Published 2005)

From the NYT article:

"The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation."

I'm from Japan, born and raised and fluent. Totally different culture comparing apples to carrots.

Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener at war. For many, this is a lesson to be learned only once.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The stats others have stated comparing gun violence's in differing countries is defective. The stats here in the US include suicided, murder and police using their firearms. Run the numbers without suicide alone we are way down on the list, one of the safest Countries in the world.

What is not included (in the statistics) is the 500,000 to 3 million law-abiding gun owners per year using their firearms to protect themselves, family or others.

Firearms save millions of lives in the US each year, but you wont hear about it from those who want to disarm and control the Citizens in the Unites States.

These 10 Examples of Defensive Gun Use Underscore Second Amendment’s True Purpose

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener at war. For many, this is a lesson to be learned only once.

I have been both; I don’t remember which one I preferred most.

Upvote 0

SJP51

Jul 21, 2019
Nacogdoches
✟14,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus did not strike with a sword. He carried his cross.

They should have stricter gun control laws. Of the top ten global economies, the U.S. has the second highest murder rate. Russia has the highest murder rate of the top ten (indexmundi.com)

That murder rate is exactly why I carry a gun. Does anyone in good old England care if they die by being stabbed instead of shot by a thug?

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

SJP51

Jul 21, 2019
Nacogdoches
✟14,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is a gun show loop hole allowing sale of personal firearm without a background check. Neither party can close the loop hole due to the NRA lobby.
Please stop with the "gun show loop hole" thing. All guns sold BY DEALERS at gun shows go through the legal process and include background checks. That's the law. Guns sold by individuals at gun shows (and anywhere else) do not have to do that. If what you want is "universal background checks" then say so. But please stop with the tired old "gun show loophole" thing. It's just a democrat sound bite that is inaccurate like most everything else they say.

Upvote 0

SJP51

Jul 21, 2019
Nacogdoches
✟14,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi mark,

Well, gun sales have always troubled me, but that's a pretty unpopular position on these boards.

God bless,
Ted
Why does the "sale" of a gun trouble you?

• Agree
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please stop with the "gun show loop hole" thing. All guns sold BY DEALERS at gun shows go through the legal process and include background checks. That's the law. Guns sold by individuals at gun shows (and anywhere else) do not have to do that. If what you want is "universal background checks" then say so. But please stop with the tired old "gun show loophole" thing. It's just a democrat sound bite that is inaccurate like most everything else they say.
Private gun owners are allowed to sell their guns to convicted murderers and terrorists without a background check, even at a gun show. Greed got innocent people killed.

• Haha
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SJP51

Jul 21, 2019
Nacogdoches
✟14,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Private gun owners are allowed to sell their guns to convicted murderers and terrorists without a background check, even at a gun show. Greed got innocent people killed.

What I said was true and accurate.

Guns never killed anybody. People with darks hearts do that and you cannot legislate a dark heart. Such people can kill with a baseball bat, knife, a van, or any other obect the choose to use. I wonder what the most common murder weapon is in England where no one can even own guns.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟817,053.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
At lease here in Canada, even at a gun show, you must present a Federal Possession and Acquisition License for non restricted Long Guns; and a Restricted P. A. L. for restricted firearms (which must also have their registration transferred to the new owner before that owner can take it home). Yes, it's cumbersome, but it does weed out the chaff.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟817,053.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
What I find troubling is how hard it is to find primers. The US manufacturers have their lines running balls out, and can't keep up with demand. I wish they'd tool up more capacity.
No problem getting them here in Canada. Bought a bunch last week.

• Informative
Upvote 0