Anyone cooking anything special for Easter?

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,710.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Just like every year, our lunch on good friday and tomorrow have been/will be Grüne Soße (green sauce), a dish made out of cream, 7 herbs and egg, served with potatoes.

German Regional Specialties: Frankfurter Grüne Soße

On sunday, we'll eat asparagus wit bacon, potatoes and sauce hollandaise, and on monday propably an asparagus soup and some hashed browns with apple sauce.

• Friendly
Reactions: Take Heart
Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just like every year, our lunch on good friday and tomorrow have been/will be Grüne Soße (green sauce), a dish made out of cream, 7 herbs and egg, served with potatoes.

German Regional Specialties: Frankfurter Grüne Soße

On sunday, we'll eat asparagus wit bacon, potatoes and sauce hollandaise, and on monday propably an asparagus soup and some hashed browns with apple sauce.

That sounds super yummy! :eek:
I'll have to try that sometime! Thanks for sharing :relaxed:

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2019
Texas
✟46,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We tend to hang out with my mom's family on Easter. As long as I can remember, we have boiled shrimp. We'll also grill hot dogs something for anyone who either doesn't want/like shrimp or is allergic to shellfish.

Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We tend to hang out with my mom's family on Easter. As long as I can remember, we have boiled shrimp. We'll also grill hot dogs something for anyone who either doesn't want/like shrimp or is allergic to shellfish.

Mmm..cant go wrong with hot dogs! Shrimp is one of my favorite seafood. That and sushi/sashimi : )

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,710.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
That sounds super yummy! :eek:
I'll have to try that sometime! Thanks for sharing :relaxed:
Good luck with getting the herbs in Canada. But I'm sure you can use other herbs. Just don't tell a person from frankfurt.

• Haha
Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm hoping to cook lamb (my first time). Im following a recipe online that's supposedly really good so we'll see how that turns out.

We are planning on having Lamb also.

Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good luck with getting the herbs in Canada. But I'm sure you can use other herbs. Just don't tell a person from frankfurt.
Hehe i won't tell 'em! I saw the ingredients list. Some of the herbs I havent heard of before. I'd likely go to a specialty store.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums