✟8,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
MosestheBlack said:
Hmmmmmmm- I accidentally right-clicked on something on that page and an error message popped up saying that I can't steal things from them. They seems to have neglected metanoia in favor of paranoia :)

*LOL*

On a completely unrelated note, you all must check out the following page:

http://www.education-1.net/chancellor.htm

Happy reading!

Upvote 0

Emmanuel-A

Cedant arma togae, concedat laurea linguae
Mar 11, 2005
Paris
✟10,084.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Emmanuel-A said:
I don't know in what measure one can trust www.pokrov.org, but it seems that the primate of this "american othodox church" has not only friends.

http://www.pokrov.org/Abusers/pstanford.htm
There are a few of these vagante groups that were started based on their leader being accused of sexual impropriety, including one started by a child molester.

However, I do not trust "pokrov".

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Orthodoxyusa said:
THe "founder" of that church was (according to their site) a Ukranian Catholic priest who, when he came to America was rejected by the Roman Catholic Church because he was married. Looks like after that, they were scammering around trying to get ties to the Eastern Orthodox Church and receive immediate blessings for their autocephaly (sp? is that even the right term?). Looks too complicated to me. Anything that requires THAT much effort to "prove" their canonicity is immediately in question in my mind. IOW, STAY AWAY!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well they gave me permission to use the Green Vine Cross for our mission.... the artwork belongs to them....

Nice of them...

Forgive me.....

Attachments

• 2_Cross_Vine.gif
    2_Cross_Vine.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grand_Duchess-Elizaveta

Pie-baking apron-clad hausfrau :D
Jun 22, 2004
Canada
✟4,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Julio said:
*LOL*

And my friends, as far as amusing vagantes go, there is none better than "His Eminence the Metropolitan-Archbishop Dr. Chief Alexander Swift Eagle Justice, DD, PhD, DD --Theologian, Academician". Get a load of all his titles, including "Grand Duke of the Holy Russian Empire", here:

http://www.education-1.net/chancellor.htm

Happy cringing!
Thanks for posting this link, Julio! I was trying to tell my priest about this guy and I'm not sure he believed me (let's face it...it sounds too ludicrous to be true!). Now I can send him the link. I think he'll get a kick out of it.;)

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2004
Kansas City area
✟23,771.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Photini said:
Be careful what you say about him though. There is a rather lengthy section on his site explaining that he will sue for 10 million dollars, anyone who talks bad about him, or quotes anything without permission.

So that's how he got his name. :idea:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.