quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My new home health aide is a Jehovah Witness. I talk about my life and the Lord because that’s my life. I was Born Again when I was 20 years old and now I’m 61 years old. I think initially she probably thought I was some kind of “religious nut” because of the way I talk about the Lord. I don’t talk “theology”. Instead I talk about who the Lord is in my life and what He’s done and is doing for me. I think she tried to do a JW push back. She had to run an errand but before she left, She asked if I could the copies. I told her that I couldn’t make copies for her because I don’t promote religion, religious make some copies for her and left the papers on the table. Turned out what she wanted copies of were her own personal JW “tracks” that were directing people to an online JW site. I also think on the sly that she thought she could “witness” to me without facing me but it didn’t work because I’m really good at checking “sources”. When she came back from the errand, the first thing she asked about were organizations, denominations, etc. She hurried up and put the papers in her purse saying it was okay. However the day before she had mentioned that she wanted an NIV Bible. Well it turns out that I had an NIV large print soft cover Bible that had hardly been used. So later that day I offered it to her and she was truly happy to receive it.

Where I’m at is I just love sharing about the Lord because He’s my life. I’ve got 41+ years of experiences with the Lord. I don’t talk “theology” for a variety of reasons but I do believe that people are more interested when I share about my life not just how I was Born Again but life failures/successes and how the Godhead has always made and continues to make the difference.

So do you have any suggestions?

• Prayers
Reactions: Unqualified

msufan

Jul 12, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟21,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I just want to say that I was touched by this paragraph you wrote: "Where I’m at is I just love sharing about the Lord because He’s my life. I’ve got 41+ years of experiences with the Lord. I don’t talk “theology” for a variety of reasons but I do believe that people are more interested when I share about my life not just how I was Born Again but life failures/successes and how the Godhead has always made and continues to make the difference."

I think you are wiser than me and I have no advice to give, but I appreciated reading this. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Personally I like your approach. You’re a lot like me. Be about the Lord’s business in your life and when she drops a hint use it in a loving way to lead her to the historic Christ.

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just want to say that I was touched by this paragraph you wrote: "Where I’m at is I just love sharing about the Lord because He’s my life. I’ve got 41+ years of experiences with the Lord. I don’t talk “theology” for a variety of reasons but I do believe that people are more interested when I share about my life not just how I was Born Again but life failures/successes and how the Godhead has always made and continues to make the difference."

I think you are wiser than me and I have no advice to give, but I appreciated reading this. :oldthumbsup:

I often think about how in The Book Of Acts the Apostle's, I think it was John and Peter had been arrested but they hadn't bought them before the Magistrate yet so they could explain but without speaking they looked at them and said, "these men have been with Jesus!". What a testimony! That's really where I wanna be...whew!

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Personally I like your approach. You’re a lot like me. Be about the Lord’s business in your life and when she drops a hint use it in a loving way to lead her to the historic Christ.

For me sharing about Jesus in my life is the most natural thing I know. It's like breathing and there is so much joy. Jesus is all that matters. I also felt the Holy Spirit was saying to me, "just stay with Jesus because she can't out maneuver or get around Him".

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The more you know about JW, the sadder it becomes. They try to earn their way into heaven. One of the ways is to score points for passing out literature. You might pray for her to know the freedom to be found in the free grace from God.

I took some time and googled JW and what you say is VERY true. I agree with you wholeheartedly. I felt after reading just the little bit I did that it would be best for me to not even try to untangle their "doctrinal stuff" and just stay focused on Jesus like I felt the Holy Spirit impress upon my spirit which is good for both her and me. Yes I am truly praying for her but I'm also praying for myself. As I encounter her, I feel very comfortable in letting her know that I don't know everything but that's part of the beauty with Jesus. We don't need to know everything. We just need to know him (if you know what I mean).

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
My new home health aide is a Jehovah Witness. I talk about my life and the Lord because that’s my life. I was Born Again when I was 20 years old and now I’m 61 years old. I think initially she probably thought I was some kind of “religious nut” because of the way I talk about the Lord. I don’t talk “theology”. Instead I talk about who the Lord is in my life and what He’s done and is doing for me. I think she tried to do a JW push back. She had to run an errand but before she left, She asked if I could the copies. I told her that I couldn’t make copies for her because I don’t promote religion, religious make some copies for her and left the papers on the table. Turned out what she wanted copies of were her own personal JW “tracks” that were directing people to an online JW site. I also think on the sly that she thought she could “witness” to me without facing me but it didn’t work because I’m really good at checking “sources”. When she came back from the errand, the first thing she asked about were organizations, denominations, etc. She hurried up and put the papers in her purse saying it was okay. However the day before she had mentioned that she wanted an NIV Bible. Well it turns out that I had an NIV large print soft cover Bible that had hardly been used. So later that day I offered it to her and she was truly happy to receive it.

Where I’m at is I just love sharing about the Lord because He’s my life. I’ve got 41+ years of experiences with the Lord. I don’t talk “theology” for a variety of reasons but I do believe that people are more interested when I share about my life not just how I was Born Again but life failures/successes and how the Godhead has always made and continues to make the difference.

So do you have any suggestions?
My wife has 2 hours of home help twice a week. We've found that God moves on those who reject our witness. My wife is a gem; loving, caring, giving - a real people person. Most people take a shine to her instantly. She is bold in her witnessing and testifying as to how God has helped her. Some accept what she says, others run a mile.

• Friendly
Reactions: quietpraiyze
Upvote 0