yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Totally different perhaps: "Mister God, This is Anna"
If available , get it soon. The price will likely double in a week or two, or a year or two.... who knows....
That arn't suggested to death, AKA lee strobel, william lane craig, cs lewish and such just looking for something different to read.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Five Proofs of the Existence of God by Edward Feser
I love G.K. Chesterton as well. :)

I have a number of books by Feser - started with "The Last Superstition", and I read Orthodoxy" once a year - highly recommend. (Chesterton always puts a smile on my face...and sometimes a good laugh, such wit) Also, enjoy Pascal "Penses"....

Reactions: Athanasius7
Upvote 0

Athanasius7

Manalive
Mar 1, 2004
Hazard, Kentucky
Visit site
✟16,134.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have a number of books by Feser - started with "The Last Superstition", and I read Orthodoxy" once a year - highly recommend. (Chesterton always puts a smile on my face...and sometimes a good laugh, such wit) Also, enjoy Pascal "Penses"....

I have The Last Superstition also, as well a few other books of his. And I also have Pascal's book, though (unfortunately) I have yet to read it....something I need to fix, I realize.

As for Chesterton, well, to show how huge of a fan I am of his, I have a blog dedicated to his life and writings, with (at the moment) nearly 2,000 posts: www.gk-chesterton.org

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have The Last Superstition also, as well a few other books of his. And I also have Pascal's book, though (unfortunately) I have yet to read it....something I need to fix, I realize.

As for Chesterton, well, to show how huge of a fan I am of his, I have a blog dedicated to his life and writings, with (at the moment) nearly 2,000 posts: www.gk-chesterton.org

Thanks, I will check this out...I do have a book of his poetry, but haven't gone through it as of yet. ("The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese…" )

Reactions: Athanasius7
Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
If you want or will accept advise from a sceptic, the arguments from W.L. Craig, McDowell, Strobel etc... are not compelling. I find that they only convince the already convinced. These are old arguments that rehash god of the gaps fallacies or the distortions of historical evidence. And, every time I mention this, people say, "you are too skeptical" or "you need the Holy Spirit to believe." If I need the Holy Spirit to believe, why write a book attempting to convince me with evidence? One problem is that Christians just do not see why someone else thinks these are bad arguments. BTW Chesterton is not any better--just funnier.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums