any published authors in forum?

Hello, my name is Joshua Adam and I've recently began publishing a small religious book called, "The Book of Joseph". It is a fictional story loosely formatted like a book of the Bible. Below are some quotes from the book that I wanted to share with you.

“Know in your heart and
always remember that God
wants you to be happy.”

“If you do what is right, those who respect
you will see that your reasons justify your actions.”

“Anything that you feel is
wrong for someone else to do,
you should never do
yourself.”

“The ‘eye for an eye’ philosophy only hurts
us more in the long run. Jesus knew that, so
he told us to forgive people instead.”

“When you make a wrong
choice, the only way to correct
it is to make a right
choice.”

“The problem is, so many people worry about
what happens after they're gone instead of
worrying about what they can do while they’re still here!”

“It's not up to us to decide
if a person deserves to be punished
or not. That is between God
and that person.”

“That’s how good friends should be. They can
agree to disagree, but they should never be afraid
to say what’s on their mind.”

“All God wants is for us to
do the best we can with what
He’s given us.”

“You shouldn’t let other people’s
limitations take the place of your
own dreams.”

“Trust in Him.
He won’t let you down.”

“Once you believe God’s promises and you align
your will with His, you can have the kind of faith
where even if a prayer doesn’t get answered, you know
that something of equal or greater value will replace it.”

“Every time you use your
God-Given-Gifts,
you’re doing God’s
ministry.”

“What is important to remember is that even though
God can help direct our paths, the choice is ultimately
still up to us.”

“The truth is, Jesus accepts
anyone who believes in Him.”

“For those who appreciate what they are given,
even more will be given. But for those who don’t
appreciate what they are given, even what they have may
be taken away. The key is learning to appreciate what you
have before it is gone!”

“It is important to know and always remember that
each and every person has a unique and individual
relationship with God.”

“Instead of regretting the past,
try hoping for the future!”

“If there’s something you don’t like done to you,
you should never do it to someone else, even if they
did it first.”

“To know everything,
you must know nothing
at the same time!”

“If you ask Him for strength, He’ll give you strength.
But He won’t do it for you. You have to make an effort as well.”

"Question everything, and
everything is in question!"

“If you want to be happy, BE HAPPY!”

"You should always try to live by the same
standards you set for other people.
Anything that you feel is wrong to do,
you should never do to someone else."

“Don’t let other people’s limitations
become your own. Instead, believe
that you will achieve what you are
trying to achieve.”

“If you set your mind on something
and believe you can do it, then you can do it.
Practice it, and you will achieve it.”

“When a problem comes along,
ask your self, ‘What would He do?’
and you will find the answer.”

If anyone is interested in a copy of "The Book of Joseph", you can check it out on my website:

(I'm not allowed to post the website yet because I haven't posted 15 times yet. The websit is in my profile.)

I am selling this book 'at cost', so I am not making any money on this book. I hope you enjoyed the quotes and good luck with your own books.

Joshua Adam

Upvote 0

mrversatile48

Jan 19, 2004
Merseyside
✟2,810.00
Faith
Christian
goober3 said:
My oldest daughter is almost 16, she's a better writer then me.

Just in process of re-exploring forum layout since switching server, but I'm sure that there is still a section for poems & 1 for songs :clap:

Testimonies too of course :cool:

I put 3 of my lyrics up on the hilarious & very popular "£250k Challenge" in the Science board Creation & Evo-loopy-poop section: last page... :wave:

What I forgot to add is that Princess Heart here helps run 2 websites for creative writers

www.birdsofafeathercreatetogether.com

& hit yahoo groups..

or is it msn groups?

& search 4 Creative Christians

The 1st is open to anyone

I may as well add too that my boss, in my Operation Mobilisation Year Prog with their STL Publishers & Distributors, encouraged my writing interest & skill by urging me to try sending articles & poems, etc, to magazines

The Writers' & Artists' Yearbook - in public library reference sections - is very helpful

Not just @ who & where, but what & how

Ian

Upvote 0

goober3

Jan 20, 2004
✟262.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
mrversatile48 said:
Just in process of re-exploring forum layout since switching server, but I'm sure that there is still a section for poems & 1 for songs :clap:

Testimonies too of course :cool:

I put 3 of my lyrics up on the hilarious & very popular "£250k Challenge" in the Science board Creation & Evo-loopy-poop section: last page... :wave:

What I forgot to add is that Princess Heart here helps run 2 websites for creative writers

www.birdsofafeathercreatetogether.com

& hit yahoo groups..

or is it msn groups?

& search 4 Creative Christians

The 1st is open to anyone

I may as well add too that my boss, in my Operation Mobilisation Year Prog with their STL Publishers & Distributors, encouraged my writing interest & skill by urging me to try sending articles & poems, etc, to magazines

The Writers' & Artists' Yearbook - in public library reference sections - is very helpful

Not just @ who & where, but what & how

Ian
Ecclesiastes 9:11 and the local library helped me get published.

Upvote 0

adamdavid

Apr 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Visit site
✟15,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
goober3 said:
That's more than I wrote at your age, I was to afraid of being rejected. Congrats.
I wouldn't have chosen to were it not for the fact that I was promised extra credit in english... I already had a 96% A, so I really didn't need it per se, but the possibility of my getting over 100% in any class was much too good of an opportunity to pass up... so I did it :D And at a dinky little (well... 250-person... dinky for a portland-area school...) private school, there aren't as many people to worry about having look down on you anyways... ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

towodi

Pagan & Proud
May 22, 2004
✟286.00
Faith
Pagan
I published some poetry when I was younger. It was mostly dark and dreary, for that was how I felt back then. In college, I wrote several articles for the school newspaper on sexual assault awareness, and I published two short stories in the college magazine. Now, I do a lot of reports for my job (I'm a bean counter ;)). They're "published," I guess. The firm makes copies for the clients. I make a LOT of reports. Ha ha.

Upvote 0

thirstforGod

Jun 24, 2004
Silsbee, Texas
✟132.00
Faith
Christian
Id really like to know how to get published. Im in the beginning stages of a novel and although it is targeted at teens its along the lines of Harry Potter and belive it could be adult fiction as well.

Before anyone jumps my hinnie about Harry Potter, this novel will include God as well. :) Cant give it away...nor the title...but it looks to be a very good series so far. My 14 yr old niece is the illustrator and is an avid anime sketch artist. She has already drawn the main characters for me and will soon start on groupings for each chapter.

Just kinda curious as to how I go about getting it published.(its in pencil at the moment, should it be typed?)

Upvote 0

goober3

Jan 20, 2004
✟262.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
thirstforGod said:
Id really like to know how to get published. Im in the beginning stages of a novel and although it is targeted at teens its along the lines of Harry Potter and belive it could be adult fiction as well.

Before anyone jumps my hinnie about Harry Potter, this novel will include God as well. :) Cant give it away...nor the title...but it looks to be a very good series so far. My 14 yr old niece is the illustrator and is an avid anime sketch artist. She has already drawn the main characters for me and will soon start on groupings for each chapter.

Just kinda curious asto how I go about getting it published.(its in pencil at the moment, should it be typed?)
Yes, it should be typed and double spaced with a cover letter explaining your story in a few sentences. You should also inform the publisher at the bottom of your cover letter that you are submitting simultaneously to other publishers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not a published writer but a relative of mine (husband of an aunt's sister or something like that not sure) who is a teacher at our local high school is a published author. I can't remember what the book's name was though. Her name is Mrs. Day. I don't know what her first name is though. Or at least I can't think of it right now. I know the book is a children's book though.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟593,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I published a book on local history a couple years ago called "Cumberland Justice." I've also published more than a dozen aritles in various academic journals and law reviews. Last fall I had one in "The Green Bag," a legal journal published by George Mason University, titled "Yes, Pittsburgh, There is a Sanata Claus." It was about a case from the 1930's in which Pittsburgh Judge Michael Musmanno ruled that Santa Claus did, in fact, exist.

Upvote 0

ChristChild

Nov 4, 2002
✟196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have published two Christian SciFi/Fantasy novels. The cover of the first is my avatar. The first is titled Black Storm Rising, and the second is titled When Worlds Rage. They are books one and two of The Orianus Creation Series. If anyone has any interest, check out my webpage:

www.geocities.com/dsburton_1999/

My first novel has six reviews on Amazon and has been reviewed on the internet site Edenstar Books and Games. The second, just released novel has one review so far.

Thanks for any consideration,
Shane

Upvote 0