Cambridgeshire
✟20,275.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I've never met anyone else in real life who listens to the same type of music I listen to. It's pretty demoralising hearing how often people trash this style of music, so it would be encouraging if there are other Christians who also enjoy atonal and avant-garde/experimental music.
My favourite composer is Anton Webern - for example his String Trio is brilliant (as is all of his other music!).

Richard Mulcahy

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2019
Reading
✟182,378.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've never met anyone else in real life who listens to the same type of music I listen to. It's pretty demoralising hearing how often people trash this style of music, so it would be encouraging if there are other Christians who also enjoy atonal and avant-garde/experimental music.
My favourite composer is Anton Webern - for example his String Trio is brilliant (as is all of his other music!).

Hi Coffee,

Do you have another example?

What do you make of these guys?

Upvote 0

coffee

Jan 19, 2020
Cambridgeshire
✟20,275.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Hi Coffee,

Do you have another example?

What do you make of these guys?

Hi Richard!
I'll gave a range of examples highlighting different styles and composers within atonality:

Babbitt: All Set
Stockhausen: Refrain
Schoenberg: Piano Concerto
Webern: Concerto for Nine Instruments
Stravinsky: Movements for Piano and Orchestra
Varèse: Déserts

I listened to the piece you showed - although there were some interesting moments, I thought that there were too many effects - to my mind it didn't function as a complete and cohesive composition. That's just my opinion though - feel free to disagree ^_^

Upvote 0

Richard Mulcahy

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2019
Reading
✟182,378.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Richard!
I'll gave a range of examples highlighting different styles and composers within atonality:

Babbitt: All Set
Stockhausen: Refrain
Schoenberg: Piano Concerto
Webern: Concerto for Nine Instruments
Stravinsky: Movements for Piano and Orchestra
Varèse: Déserts

I listened to the piece you showed - although there were some interesting moments, I thought that there were too many effects - to my mind it didn't function as a complete and cohesive composition. That's just my opinion though - feel free to disagree ^_^

Hi again,

Okay, fair comment, different strokes...

Thanks for the examples I'll check them out.

God bless...

Reactions: coffee
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don’t know anything about this kind of music, but I enjoyed the examples you give, and they remind me of some music found in a few movies, and I like it quite a bit. Thank you for introducing me to it.

Reactions: coffee
Upvote 0