Any one from Minnesota here?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dr. Holly

Doctoring hearts with the love of Jesus
Nov 15, 2004
Virginia
✟12,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi Minnesotans :wave:

I used to live in Duluth, but I moved a few years back here to VA. Does that count? :) I do miss Duluth. It is truly the most beautiful city I have ever seen, in my humble opinion.

Anyone else a die-hard Vikings fan?

Upvote 0

Dr. Holly

Nov 15, 2004
Virginia
✟12,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm from Duluth, too! I'm living in Superior, Wisconsin now, though. I love Lake Superior and the Duluth hills!!!
Oh neat, Serenity! Duluth is great isn't it? As you mentioned, Lake Superior and Duluth hills are fantastic. Those hills were a bit difficult when there was a foot of snow to drive on though! I lived right by the Lake Walk, and visited that all the time. I have never felt so much peace as when I was there. That malt shop was the best too (if you know which one I'm talking about), so that sort of negated any walking I did! Lol

I don't know Superior that well, but while living in Duluth, I did travel over there a few times. I visited the mall that's there. Did they close that down? (It was a bit bare when I visited last)

Upvote 0
Apr 5, 2007
Minnesota
✟15,135.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Haha, yes, Superior's mall is kind of a joke. There are only about three stores left, but for some reason it stays open forever... a congregation from Duluth was even talking about converting it into a very large church once it went under.

The Lake Walk is awesome, what a nice place to live nearby! I also love Engar Tower and its vicinity. Such a great view! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dr. Holly

Nov 15, 2004
Virginia
✟12,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wow. 3 stores in the whole mall, and it's still open? That's pretty incredible. If I remember correctly, there was also a movie theatre inside? Converting the mall into a church is a good idea. That would indeed be a very large church. I think that area needs more though.

I saw plenty of pictures of Engar Tower and its surrounding areas (some sort of garden?) but never made it up to the tower. From what I saw in the pictures though it was absolutely breathtaking.

All sorts of memories coming back now :)

Upvote 0

rainier

Jun 13, 2007
✟15,158.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
:wave:My mother and I just moved to the twin cities a few months ago. When my mother went to her first interview here in Minnesota there was snow on the ground and it was cold. It sure has warmed up I think it will stay warm since summer does start tommorrow.

I think it is better to be too cold than too hot myself, because you can only take so much off you can always put more on. It is easier to get warm when you are cold than it is to cool off when you are too hot. Beside my Norwegian bloodline says I can take the cold.

We lived in Utah for eightteen months and well we hated it before that we lived in Seattle; very glad to be here. Both my grandmothers were born in Minnesota. So you know my family was from here. It sure is nice to see green again. Now the only thing I miss about Seattle is Mt Rainier. Believe me it is indeed the only thing.

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Humbly following God's Plan
Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not from nor have ever lived in Minnesota, but my family goes to Alexandria, MN every summer for a family get-together. I also have family living in Minnesota. one of my aunts owns a coffee shop up there. Most of my mom's side lives up there but for two exceptions.

Upvote 0