Any fans of the TV series "Alone" on here?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What do you think of the series?

I like that it has both entertainment value, and some survival/bushcraft education value as well, etc, and so for those reasons, I like to watch it.

YouTube videos about the same subject are probably more educational, and I like and watch those as well, but Alone has more entertainment value, and is a good mix of both I think.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Me me me!

I love the show!

I love the nature, to see these remote and nearly untouched areas.

I do wish there weren't so many feminists on the show though. I swear sometimes all this "I'm doing this for women everywhere" just makes me nauseous.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Me me me!

I love the show!

I do wish there weren't so many feminists on the show though. I swear sometimes all this "I'm doing this for women everywhere" just makes me nauseous.
Ha, Ha, lol!

I have nothing against them, but I've only watched up to the sixth season of the first series so far, but yeah, I really like and enjoy this show, as it's something I'm also into personally as an interest and hobby, etc.

Some of the things some people make or do in this show, from only being able to have ten items, and a backpack, and doing it all alone, is amazing!

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ha, Ha, lol!

I have nothing against them, but I've only watched up to the sixth season of the first series so far, but yeah, I really like and enjoy this show, as it's something I'm also into personally as an interest and hobby, etc.

Some of the things some people make or do in this show, from only being able to have ten items, and a backpack, and doing it all alone, is amazing!

God Bless.

Of all the seasons I don't think you've seen my favorite one yet...

My favorite season is the 100 days in Alaska for 1 million dollars... There was some awesome stuff in that show. Very difficult challenge.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Me me me!

I love the show!

I heard that a woman won the tenth or eleventh season of the original series maybe, if that's what you're talking about maybe, but I haven't got that far yet, etc.

And I think there is 11 seasons of the original series out right now maybe? And that they've started some others, like Alone Australia now maybe, and one other one I think maybe, but I'm not that far yet, but am still watching the original series, etc.

I liked that it started out in the Pacific Northwest though, cause that's where I live, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Of all the seasons I don't think you've seen my favorite one yet...

My favorite season is the 100 days in Alaska for 1 million dollars... There was some awesome stuff in that show. Very difficult challenge.
I wouldn't want to try and do it that far north, way, way too cold and too much snow and ice, and much, much harder to survive for me. I'll keep my Pacific Northwest thank you very, very much kindly.

But I think they started that in season 7 I think, and I think I'm finishing up with season 6 now, so maybe I'll see it soon maybe?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think the Alaska season is 7 or 8 but I could be off...

I haven't seen the last season of the show (Stopped paying cable). And yes they are doing spin offs for Australia and England I believe.

Australia has some tough outdoors men and women... On another survival show they had some twins from Australia that just rocked outdoorsy-ness...

I would imagine the Australian show would definitely be one to watch!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think the Alaska season is 7 or 8 but I could be off...

I haven't seen the last season of the show (Stopped paying cable). And yes they are doing spin offs for Australia and England I believe.

Australia has some tough outdoors men and women... On another survival show they had some twins from Australia that just rocked outdoorsy-ness...

I would imagine the Australian show would definitely be one to watch!
If you do streaming, I think they are on Paramount plus. Lot's of good stuff I like on Paramount plus, and much cheaper than cable, etc.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you do streaming, I think they are on Paramount plus. Lot's of good stuff I like on Paramount plus, and much cheaper than cable, etc.

Right now I just have Amazon Prime and Hulu for paid television...

Those are the two least expensive for me (Hulu is 7 dollars a month I think), everything else is free like Tubi and Roku etc.

We have to have Satellite radio in the car because we don't get radio stations otherwise. Depending on where we are in the mountains even Satellite radio won't pick up, but it picks up most the time.

It's the most expensive expense we have as far as that sort of thing goes: I was going to cut it off once and hubby was like "oh no, not the radio"... Lol. So we kept it.

He likes talk radio. :)

So I just can't afford to add another channel. If I did it would be Paramount though... It does look like a good channel.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟76,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most TV shows are also available on DVD or Blu-ray, but Alone is not. I have not watched this show, nor have much interest in it, but just helping you guys out. :) For shows that are available on disc, most libraries can rent the discs out for free.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I enjoy the show but am a season or two behind.
I'm still pretty behind as well. I'm in season 6 right now I think, and am trying to watch all of them in order, and there are 11 seasons of the original series I think total, and then they just started/launched Australia, and U.K. now, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums