Any church recommendations for Phoenix AZ area?

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi!
We're getting ready to move to Phoenix, AZ. I'll be temporarily living in Tempe and want to find a church. We've been attending a Church of Christ fellowship in our hometown and while there's a lot to like about it (I really like having the Lord's supper every week), there's not a whole lot of meat to chew on there. We'd like to find one that has cell or community groups, and I'd love to find somewhere that would have a ladies' bible study/fellowship that met in the evenings (I work full time). We'll be arriving on the 11th of this month, and I'll be in Tempe for at least the next couple of months. After that, I don't know...depending on the Lord to guide us as we sell our home in our hometown, find a home there and move the rest of the family.

This job is a wonderful blessing! I've been out of work (full time) for exactly 1 year yesterday and we prayed that we could go to Phoenix. God is GOOD!!! He's kept us through this trial and led us in HIS time to the place that was our heart's desire!

Thanks!
SS

Nova Scotian Boy

Grand Sasquatch
Jan 19, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
✟20,180.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Upvote 0

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you! I'll listen to the sermons and maybe call them when I get there. I don't know where we're going to be living yet. I'm staying with family out in Tempe and working near the airport. I think I'll start visiting churches after my husband comes back to VA. We are pretty deeply grounded in our current church and it's going to be hard to top the fellowship there. Our Adult minister is an incredible person...he did the graveside service for my mother...

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Searcher. Just be sure you find a scriptural assembly, not just something to please a congregation. That is to say: we need to be conformed to God, not expect Him to conform to our desires. Does that seem right? It is what I have held for many years. One can meditate on Acts 2:41-42 and all the Epistles to see what God intends for His testimony in the world. Look up always, and pray earnestly for the Lord's leading. To be helped, I like to pray: Lord, don't let me go astray!

Upvote 0