Christian
Apr 26, 2014
✟35,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello All,

If you have a moment, please pray for my anxiety. It has consumed my life. I am a young adult, and when I look at the direction the country (USA) is headed in, I am greatly afraid of the future and what it will be like to live out the years ahead.

I am having trouble sleeping at night because of this. One of my dreams was to have a family and children, but now my focus has shifted to just surviving. I feel like my breaking point is just around the corner.

I know putting God's kingdom first and resting in His promises are the answers, but for the last year or so, this has fallen to the back of my mind. I think my worry is drowning out my faith overtime.

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello All,

If you have a moment, please pray for my anxiety. It has consumed my life. I am a young adult, and when I look at the direction the country (USA) is headed in, I am greatly afraid of the future and what it will be like to live out the years ahead.

I am having trouble sleeping at night because of this. One of my dreams was to have a family and children, but now my focus has shifted to just surviving. I feel like my breaking point is just around the corner.

I know putting God's kingdom first and resting in His promises are the answers, but for the last year or so, this has fallen to the back of my mind. I think my worry is drowning out my faith overtime.

"Be anxious for nothing". That's what I used to be anxious about - nothing. It may be time to give the news and media a rest. I took a break for some years and just stayed in the Bible and read good books (Watchman Nee, Andrew Murray for example). Remember that there is an enemy of our souls, Satan and his main weapon is fear, which includes doubt and unbelief. Humble yourself, confess your problems to God and resist the devil. It will be hard at first but there is victory close at hand. It's already ours, we just have to realise it belongs to us. And yes, we will pray for you.

Reactions: A. Sinner
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Don't let GTL fall pray to the world system and it's leader whispering in her ear, we pray in the name of Jesus. Amen
If you are a born again child of God He has your back !! You can rest assured in that, in fact we are told to. Meanwhile there is a web page on anxiety that has 9 scriptures with an accompanying 9 prayers. What I suggest is don't even turn on the news but read over those 9 promises instead for some time to come. I'll be back after I see if I can find that link for you and post it in this thread.
Suggestion: Anything that is overwhelming you, cast to the ground and crush it in the head in the name of Jesus. Do it right now, it sounds silly I know but stop, command those thoughts to the ground, crush them with your foot in the name of Jesus. And feel the release.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello All,

:heart: Praying for you, precious daughter of the Most High God. Praying that God calms your fears, eases your anxiety, and grants you sleep. May these verses below comfort and encourage you, as they have done for me (i used to suffer from anxiety/panic attacks). Father mooooove as only You can and ease and remove anxiety, and this dear one peace, as You gently keep her focus on You, and not the circumstances. You remind us to "be still" and "know" that You ARE God. You also ask "Is ANYTHING too hard for me?" And you promise each of us a "future and a hope" in Jeremiah 33:3 May it be so, in the name of Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of You, the living God, the God of the living, amen. (((hug)))

"Be still and know that I am God." ~Ps 46:10

"In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." ~Isa 30:15

"There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling." ~Ps 91:10

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello All,

We are supposed to be anxious for nothing.
I understand sometimes harder than it sounds.

Good preaching on YouTube.
John MacArthur or RC Sproul.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, no matter how the USA changes, You never change, Malachi 3:6. You are the Rock that never erodes. You are steady and can always be depended on. You are the KING of kings, the LORD of lords, the Prince of Peace. May we keep our focus on You and know peace, Isaiah 26:3; Philippians 4:6-8.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GraceTruthLove

Christian
Apr 26, 2014
✟35,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you very much all! Thanks for the abundant love and compassion shown throughout this thread - it's done my heart a lot of good. It fees like Peace has a foothold in there again. Thanks for reminding me to set my gaze back to Him - I had my eyes on the troubles of this world, when those troubles aren't mine to begin with.

Upvote 0

Belonging to Abba

Jesus loves you!!!
Jun 27, 2015
✟36,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear Lord, I pray that you would fill GraceTruthLove with your peace and blessing. I pray for your blessing on your plans for her life.

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

Upvote 0