• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Anxiety

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by GraceTruthLove, Aug 19, 2019.

1. GraceTruthLove

GraceTruthLove Christian

+180
    Christian
    Private
    Hello All,

If you have a moment, please pray for my anxiety. It has consumed my life. I am a young adult, and when I look at the direction the country (USA) is headed in, I am greatly afraid of the future and what it will be like to live out the years ahead.

I am having trouble sleeping at night because of this. One of my dreams was to have a family and children, but now my focus has shifted to just surviving. I feel like my breaking point is just around the corner.

I know putting God's kingdom first and resting in His promises are the answers, but for the last year or so, this has fallen to the back of my mind. I think my worry is drowning out my faith overtime.

• Prayers Prayers x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tigger45

Tigger45 The Good Shepherd Supporter

+7,411
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    God’s blessings!

3. Mydreams

Mydreams Well-Known Member

+3,555
    India
    Non-Denom
    Married
  4. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Active Member Supporter

+399
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    "Be anxious for nothing". That's what I used to be anxious about - nothing. It may be time to give the news and media a rest. I took a break for some years and just stayed in the Bible and read good books (Watchman Nee, Andrew Murray for example). Remember that there is an enemy of our souls, Satan and his main weapon is fear, which includes doubt and unbelief. Humble yourself, confess your problems to God and resist the devil. It will be hard at first but there is victory close at hand. It's already ours, we just have to realise it belongs to us. And yes, we will pray for you.

5. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+2,848
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Don't let GTL fall pray to the world system and it's leader whispering in her ear, we pray in the name of Jesus. Amen
    If you are a born again child of God He has your back !! You can rest assured in that, in fact we are told to. Meanwhile there is a web page on anxiety that has 9 scriptures with an accompanying 9 prayers. What I suggest is don't even turn on the news but read over those 9 promises instead for some time to come. I'll be back after I see if I can find that link for you and post it in this thread.
    Suggestion: Anything that is overwhelming you, cast to the ground and crush it in the head in the name of Jesus. Do it right now, it sounds silly I know but stop, command those thoughts to the ground, crush them with your foot in the name of Jesus. And feel the release.

6. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+2,848
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  7. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+104,249
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    :heart: Praying for you, precious daughter of the Most High God. Praying that God calms your fears, eases your anxiety, and grants you sleep. May these verses below comfort and encourage you, as they have done for me (i used to suffer from anxiety/panic attacks). Father mooooove as only You can and ease and remove anxiety, and this dear one peace, as You gently keep her focus on You, and not the circumstances. You remind us to "be still" and "know" that You ARE God. You also ask "Is ANYTHING too hard for me?" And you promise each of us a "future and a hope" in Jeremiah 33:3 May it be so, in the name of Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of You, the living God, the God of the living, amen. (((hug)))

"Be still and know that I am God." ~Ps 46:10

"In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." ~Isa 30:15

"There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling." ~Ps 91:10

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+7,313
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    We are supposed to be anxious for nothing.
    I understand sometimes harder than it sounds.

Good preaching on YouTube.
    John MacArthur or RC Sproul.
    M-Bob

9. miss-a

miss-a Newbie

+756
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Joining my prayers to these for your peace and rest. It will get better.

10. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,425
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Father, no matter how the USA changes, You never change, Malachi 3:6. You are the Rock that never erodes. You are steady and can always be depended on. You are the KING of kings, the LORD of lords, the Prince of Peace. May we keep our focus on You and know peace, Isaiah 26:3; Philippians 4:6-8.

11. GraceTruthLove

GraceTruthLove Christian

+180
    Christian
    Private
    Thank you very much all! Thanks for the abundant love and compassion shown throughout this thread - it's done my heart a lot of good. It fees like Peace has a foothold in there again. Thanks for reminding me to set my gaze back to Him - I had my eyes on the troubles of this world, when those troubles aren't mine to begin with.

12. Isaiah 55:6-7

Isaiah 55:6-7 new member

+35
    Christian
    Private
    Dear Lord, I pray that you would fill GraceTruthLove with your peace and blessing. I pray for your blessing on your plans for her life.

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27