• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

FulfilledInHim

Nov 2, 2020
Southeast
✟17,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wish I was never told the lies about the end of the world either. Stay strong in His Word and He will show you the real meaning behind it.
The future end time scenario is unbiblical and wrong.

Don’t Worry!!

It has already happened. “The end of the Age” was the end on the age of the Old Mosaic Covenant. That was consummated in 70AD. Now the Messianic Covenant in Jesus is everlasting and will not end. No more end! You are secure in your faith. You do not have to prepare for some future “great tribulation”. It was only meant to apply to the 1st Century Jews who rejected and killed Jesus. You are ok have peace!
The only judgement that you have to worry about is the one God makes on your heart for your sins if you turn away from the covering mercy of The blood of Jesus Christ.

I know it’s hard in these times, but stop believing in stories about “the end” that are just invented by men and women to sell books , movies, and make themselves rich in the things of this world.

I wish no one had told me about end times, or Revelations or a rapture. This is the stuff that feeds anxiety.

All I needed to hear was God is love and he loves me AND my neighbour, so love each other and all will go well.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Look into a book called the "4 views of Revelation" by Steve Gregg, where he does a parallel commentary of 4 different schools or systems of interpreting Revelation to remove this unwanted anxiety. I'm in the middle of this book right now and it really opened my eyes to other possible views. You might find more comfort in the Idealist view. In fact, you can probably do an internet search on "Idealism view of Revelation" to find out more. Here is the book: 4 Views of Revelation - Steve Gregg

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
EVEN if the futurist view is correct, very few think that Christians including your child will be put through any of it, as viewed by Futurists. The vast majority believe all Christians will just vanish and immediately be with the Lord during the 7 years of tribulation, but other views such as preterism take the position that all but the final parts of Revelation happened during the destruction of Jerusalem during the reign of Nero. Did you know in the General Theology section of Christian Forums, there is an entire forum about all of this called "eschatology?" It's totally free and you can learn a lot just by reading, and its part of this protected online community called ChristianForums!

Upvote 0