Visit site
✟442,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps some already thot this...I am glad I stumbled across this. It is interesting.

Although the Fathers of the Church speculated on the Antichrist in various ways, they would never have agreed. They showed the temple to be the Jewish temple, rebuilt by Antichrist in Jerusalem. Rather than the bishop of Rome, the early Fathers identified the Antichrist as a government official—a king coming to power in the ruins of the Roman Empire. He would probably be Jewish, possibly from the tribe of Dan. And most importantly, rather than claiming like the pope to be the vicar or emissary of Jesus Christ, he would claim that Jesus was not the Christ but that he was instead. He would then seduce many of the Jewish people by attempting to fulfill the political aspirations they held for the Messiah. The quotes that follow illustrate both the different ideas they had about the Antichrist and how different their conception was from the anti-papal idea that arose in later centuries.

"[T]he whole time of your faith will not profit you unless you are made complete in the last time. For in the last days false prophets and corrupters shall be multiplied, and sheep shall be turned into wolves . . . and then shall the deceiver of the world appear, pretending to be the Son of God, and [he] shall do signs and wonders, and the earth shall be delivered into his hands" (Didache 16:3-4 [A.D. 70]).

http://www.catholic.com/library/The_Antichrist.asp

Franze

Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟2,139.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have read a wonderful book about that "Historic World and Kingdom of God" and say that the Anti-Christ will be the Messiah for Jews, destroy the Vatican of course, almost all catholics will apostotize, and seeing the current situation, you see that we are near, because the apostasy is great now.

Upvote 0

anawim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2004
NY suburbs
Visit site
✟19,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
WarriorAngel said:
Perhaps some already thot this...I am glad I stumbled across this. It is interesting.

The part about the tribe of Dan is based on Gen. 49:17

"Dan shall be a serpent in the way,
a viper by the path,
that bites the horse's heels
so that his rider falls backward."

Upvote 0

3toraiseup

Kati
Apr 2, 2004
Arizona
✟1,886.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
WarriorAngel said:
Thanks for the info folks....
interesting.

This is all new to me. :doh: lol

Well, consider yourself lucky. :D I grew up on this stuff. I was raised in a Pentecostal Church that was BIG into dispensationalism, pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib and Rapture excitement! We had guest speakers who would lecture for hours on end with projector screens and maps from one end of the altar to the other on the End Times. As a teenager, I would walk around just looking up at the sky wondering if today might be the day and speculate with my friends as to the whereabouts of the anti-Christ. :eek: :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.