Anthiest with science the ungodly theory

webboffin

NOT APPLICABLE
Nov 9, 2002
NO ENTRY
Visit site
✟1,907.00
Faith
Is an athiest just a foolishly proud person who just can't stand the idea of being subordinate to anything they may possibly be better than them and mankind?

Does an athiest who chants science has no proof of God really just someone who likes to think he is better or too good to believe in God?

Is science just theories and proof designed to rule out God.

Is science limited to stubborness and just refuses God purely for the sake of refusing to think of the notion? Proof or not.

Is science the be all and end all of things?

Do athiests really fear doubting God on their death bed when they are dying? Juuuuust in case.

At death is nothingness a better notion than an afterlife?

What does an athiest make Jesus Christ as being?

Is God impossible? (Yes or No answer only)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sep 15, 2002
✟16,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
WOAH! Someone's asking for a fight.

Is an athiest just a foolishly proud person who just can't stand the idea of being subordinate to anything they may possibly be better than them and mankind?

Just replace the word 'atheist' with 'human' and I might agree with you. 

Does an athiest who chants science has no proof of God really just someone who likes to think he is better or too good to believe in God?

This has some credence. If you have everything you would ever need and have gained it, as you may believe, by your own hands, then why ask God for anything? 

I think science has done a lot more than just give a reasonably good argument against God.

Is science limited to stubborness and just refuses God purely for the sake of refusing to think of the notion? Proof or not.

I don't entirely understand this.

I wouldn't think so. There are numerous things it cannot explain. 

Do athiests really fear doubting God on their death bed when they are dying? Juuuuust in case.

I do not know. But I have always wondered where atheists go when down on their luck. Not just like "I lost a $20 bill" bad luck, but Job bad luck.

I suppose it depends on how satisfied you were with how you had lived your life. 

I am not atheist, but I would imagine that they view my Lord as a cult leader/mad man/good guy/legend. Or maybe they just don't beleive he existed at all.

No. :yum:  

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

No not foolish or proud. IMo and this is just me I feel that nothing is better than humans or any other advanced race in this universe.

No, cause almost every atheist believed in god at one point so they don't think there better.

Has science been reduced to limited thinking that what it can see can happen? Yet can throw therories of multiple universes and unseen weird dimensions that it can't see yet will never want a theory of God.

Well science can't only deal with stuff in the natural. And unseen weird dimensions are possible. And so is multiple universes. If one big bang can happen so could others.

s science limited to stubborness and just refuses God purely for the sake of refusing to think of the notion? Proof or not.

God can't be apart of science. God is supernatural, science can only deal in the natural.

No.

I know that when I die I will not even think about god I will probably think that I should have done more to help others. But I will not even think about god.

To me yes. I don't want to spend forever in heaven or hell. There is no reason to have heaven and hell. I would rather die.

I don't understand the question. But I will give it a shot. I only see him as a human nothing more.

No.

Upvote 0

No

No. I think many wish they could believe.

Is science just theories and proof designed to rule out God.

Certainly not.

Science does not refuse God; it just knows its limits.

No

Maybe

Depends where you go.

Too many possibilities

Certainly not.

Agree???

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Originally posted by webboffin

No. I don´t have any problems accepting that I am not "perfect", or that someone is "better" (whatever that may mean) than me.
Yet I would like to see some evidence, when it is claimed that someone is "better" than me.

Science has no proof (nor disproof) for God, because science does not deal with God.
It has nothing to do with "better" or "too good" if I can explain how a lever works, or a Redox reaction, with reasonable assumptions other than "It is God´s will!"

You do not seem reluctant to use the products of science.

[sarcasm]
Yes, of course! We would be much holier if we still sat in caves, praying to God all day, than trying to understand how the world works. [/sarcasm]

No, seriously, science is the humans try to understand the world, regardless of its origin. The early modern scientists were Christians, who simply thought that God used rules to make the world tick. They tried to find out the rules.

Science has necessarily to deal with the observable, the predictable. God is neither, so science simply ignores possible divine influence.

Consider, every time you switch on your computer, you rely on the observable, understandable and predictable rules of nature to work correctly. If your computer only worked because God liked to work it, you would be very surprised.

No, and it does never claim to be.

I don´t know. Perhaps some do, perhaps some don´t. It´s difficult to find out, as dead atheists cannot be questioned anymore.

Depends on the afterlife you assume.

Depends on the atheist. Personally, I think Jesus was a religious reformer, who´s message was kind of misinterpreted by later followers.

No.

Upvote 0

Yes to both. I don't have a supervisor at work. Tim doesn't exist. I don't want to be subordinate to him. Also, there was never any Albert Einstein. He would have been better than me at too much. He doesn't exist. 

Yes. I'm better than Albert Einstein, so science has no proof of Albert Einstein.  

Yes. An unfortunate side effect is that it makes possible computers, cars & medicine - but we are working on eliminating those awful things while still managing to find a way to rule out God. Also, archaeology exists only to rule out Leprachauns. 

Yes. As a matter of fact you will find all of the proof of God buried in the back yard of one prominent physicist, guarded by several highly paid computer engineers. But we don't like to think about that either.

Absolutely. More than just a means of gaining knowledge about nature, it is more like a Powerful and Just Father, who demands our allegiance.

If they have time, yes. Usually, we fear doubting the Tooth Fairy, Allah, the Tao and Quetzacotl first, but if we have time, we do eventually get around to fearing doubting God. We also mentally prepare ourselves for an extraterrestrial visit with Elvis... Juuuuuuust in case. 

Yes, but it is completely unrealistic and not substantiated by fact. Still, we cling to it (the notion of nothingness), because it provides us comfort and soothes our fears of death. 

Probably a God-Man - but we would never admit that. 

When you use your imagination, nothing is impossible.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
thread was asking fundimental questions I have and just wanted straight questions and straight answers. Thank you to those who respond.

Could the wording of these questions possibly be more loaded?

Could you possibly be more biased against people different from yourself?

Could you possibly be more patronizing and insulting to people who see the world differently than you do?

Is tolerance impossible? (Yes or No answer only)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Originally posted by Nathan Poe
Could the wording of these questions possibly be more loaded?

Could you possibly be more biased against people different from yourself?

Could you possibly be more patronizing and insulting to people who see the world differently than you do?

Is tolerance impossible? (Yes or No answer only)

No

No

No

No

Upvote 0
no. in fact i would say being an atheist has made me more tolerant of those around me. And also accepting the fact im no more than a mammal also seems to negate that thing you mention about superiority complexes. Im a mammal, and im more than willing to accept that theres something/someone better in some respect than me, whatever that respect may be.
non-sequitur. just because someone has no proof <of anything really> doesnt mean they <not necessarily he> think they are too good for proof. that doesnt follow at all.
Is science just theories and proof designed to rule out God.
no, science offers explanations that can be proven time and time again, if it disproves anything along the way <such as the myth that women are unclean during menstruation, or spontaneous generation> then so be it.
no. and im amazedyou can think that. be sure not to use your internet connection to read this, in fact, i'll bring it to you by horse, cart, and stone tablet, so you dont have to be subjected to this stubborness.
no, theres always sociology. :)
some might. but i dont.
i have no problem with nothingness. what is 'better' is really determined by your interpretation of the word 'better'. i'll leave that one alone for semantics sake.
im not about to guess at the meaning of this sentence. grammatically, it makes no sense to me.
no. but the chances of a Christian God i reckon are pretty slim.

Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00

Is science just theories and proof designed to&nbsp;rule out&nbsp;God.

Have you stopped beating your wife?&nbsp; (Yes or No answer only)

&nbsp;:p

&nbsp;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

webboffin

NOT APPLICABLE
Nov 9, 2002
NO ENTRY
Visit site
✟1,907.00
Faith
Starscream I see the point in your question.
If I say yes, then I used to beat her
If I say no, then I still beat her

Yet neither answer&nbsp;option is&nbsp;true as I have never beaten her.

How&nbsp;am I to answer something like that with the limited yes/no? :scratch: You got me on that one. Take a 100 blessings lol.

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
1. Is an athiest just a foolishly proud person who just can't stand the idea of being subordinate to anything they may possibly be better than them and mankind?

2. Does an athiest who chants science has no proof of God really just someone who likes to think he is better or too good to believe in God?

3. Is science just theories and proof designed to&nbsp;rule out&nbsp;God.

4. Is science limited to stubborness and just refuses God purely for the sake of refusing to think of the notion? Proof or not.

5. Is science the be all and end all of things?

6. Do athiests really fear doubting God on their death bed when they are dying? Juuuuust in case.

7. At death is nothingness a better notion than an afterlife?

8. What does an athiest make Jesus Christ as being?

9. Is God impossible? (Yes or No answer only)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's take these in order:

1. IMO, an atheist is a person whose personal evidence is that deity does not exist.

2. The atheist who chants that doesn't understand how science works.

3.&nbsp; Absolutely not. Remember, at least 40% of scientists believe in God.

4.&nbsp; Absolutely not.&nbsp; Methodological materialism (how we do experiments) means that science is unable to directly test for God.

5.&nbsp; Nope. Science is a very limited form of knowing.

6.&nbsp; Don't know. Never been around any atheists when they were dying.

7.&nbsp; Doesn't matter what is "better", but what is.

8. Atheists, from their writings,&nbsp;either 1) think that Jesus never existed and is totally made up or 2) was just a human.

9. No. But Hannover has a good point. Some versions of deity are logically impossible.&nbsp; Like invisible pink unicorns.&nbsp; If they are invisible, they can't be pink.

Upvote 0