Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Found this today. The center splays out to reveal the mysteries. I have another as well. Been collecting Catholic items since before my conversion. I'll post a few more after this but I have got a lot of them. I'm going to have to figure out how to display or store them before long. image.jpg

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I think there is. I remember hearing about specific metals attached to each decade. Usually double sided depending on what day you are praying. The ones I have found are hidden in the rosary center. The sorrowful and joyful mysteries JPII's mysteries are recent so you won't find those on an older rosary. I have an old rosary dedicated to The Stations of the Cross that has metals in it to meditate on. I think you can buy these metals to add to your rosary today if you desire to have them to assist you.

Is there a rosary where the specific mystery is located at the beginning of each decade that they are intended for?

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,274,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes I think there is. I remember hearing about specific metals attached to each decade. Usually double sided depending on what day you are praying. The ones I have found are hidden in the rosary center. The sorrowful and joyful mysteries JPII's mysteries are recent so you won't find those on an older rosary. I have an old rosary dedicated to The Stations of the Cross that has metals in it to meditate on. I think you can buy these metals to add to your rosary today if you desire to have them to assist you.
Oh that would be good because one of my Rosries is made of little chains that can be bent open to include the new metals. Do you have any sources I can check out?

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I Imagine any Catholic bookstore would have them. I know there are quite a few online but I rarely shop in them because I get the old stuff. I imagine Google would bring up several for you.

Oh that would be good because one of my Rosries is made of little chains that can be bent open to include the new metals. Do you have any sources I can check out?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SilverAvenger

Old-Catholic and Jewish Interfaith Minister
Aug 15, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal - Yes, that little rectangle next
✟15,521.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I was trying to edit my post using an other browser, since this version of CF isen't exactly mobile-friendly, but I'll try to upload it here.

*edit* I can't seem to be able to upload anything. If you PM me your email, i'll send you the pictures, untill I manage to fix my Tablet's browser so I can access this place withought it crashing :/

*Secound edit* It seems to have worked.....who'd knew.

Attachments

• 02092015703.jpg
    02092015703.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 17
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very pretty! What are the beads made of?

I was trying to edit my post using an other browser, since this version of CF isen't exactly mobile-friendly, but I'll try to upload it here.

*edit* I can't seem to be able to upload anything. If you PM me your email, i'll send you the pictures, untill I manage to fix my Tablet's browser so I can access this place withought it crashing :/

*Secound edit* It seems to have worked.....who'd knew.

Upvote 0

SilverAvenger

Old-Catholic and Jewish Interfaith Minister
Aug 15, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal - Yes, that little rectangle next
✟15,521.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Very pretty! What are the beads made of?

Plastic. But it's an FX plastic which changes according to the light it's exposed to. It goes from black to that. Sadly, the store only got one 14 piece pack of each color, and I only managed to buy that one :/

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eye catching. Maybe they could order for you?

Plastic. But it's an FX plastic which changes according to the light it's exposed to. It goes from black to that. Sadly, the store only got one 14 piece pack of each color, and I only managed to buy that one :/

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Surely somebody there speaks the language? Usually the kids step on to translate.

Well, I've tryed asking then once, but the lady just said "no, no, nobody buys". She hardly speaks portuguise, so I'm not sure if she understood what I meant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0