✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Depends on the kid IMO.

Belly button piercings are the most common piercings to get infected. But I would wait until teen. I got mine done in February and I love it. My parents would have allowed it before I turned 18, but I never had the desire to do it. I got my ears pierced when I was 8, but unfortunately I went on a field trip to the lays potato chip factory before they were healed and they made me take them out. They closed up and I have yet to go get them redone.

As for belly showing, I can almost guarantee you that if you let your daughter get her belly button pierced, she will be showing it off at school to all her girlfriends and the boys as well until it gets old. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it, but if that's an issue with you, then your best not to allow it.

Upvote 0

Laurie919

Apr 4, 2007
Louisiana
✟13,685.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No...IMO, Taylor is far too young to have a belly piercing.
Actually I would not let Taylor have one. Believe it or not!

She is growing too fast in too many ways to encourage that one.

We did see a little girl recently though that had one, who isn't much older than Taylor. After seeing that and then thinking about it being swim suit season again it made me ask the question.

As far as tattoos I don't think you should be allowed to get one until you are 25. Too many people get them then regret them.

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just assumed that Taylor was wanting one and that's who the question was about. There really isn't a need for a belly ring anyways..but then again, what's the purpose of an earring? I have nothing against belly piercings, but at such a young age...I just don't think it's appropriate.

Upvote 0

progressivegal

Jan 3, 2005
✟16,438.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think I would let a "tween", but maybe a young teenager if:

a. she was mature enough to care for it and not let it get infected and
b. it was common among her peers

But then, I'm a person who love piercings and tattoos, and am still mildly traumatized about being the only girl in my class without her ears pierced from 2nd-6th grade.
A navel ring is not like a tattoo, it can always been taken out and will close up. And it's not like a facial piercing where a scar would be visible to everyone. I got mine pierced the day I turned 18, left it in for 6th months (I was a dance major and my piercing kept getting irritated by my leotard) and then took it out.
Navel piercings, like ear piercings have have become more and more common and socially acceptable, and people are getting them at a younger and younger age.
When I was in middle/high school the majority of my friends (and my younger sister) gave themselves "homemade" navel piercings which are so so dangerous. I actually tried a couple of times to pierce my own, but I always chickened out. It was literally a very common sleepover practice, that someone would get pierced (just like with ear piercing using the ink pen and ice cube :shudder:).
I guess If I had a daughter and she wanted one that badly I would talk to her about being responsible and caring for it, and if I felt she was mature enough, I would take her to a good, clean, licensed facility to have it done. I would much rather her do that than risk her health by piercing her own or having a friend to it.
But like I said, I'm thinking of someone 13, 14 years old here. It's mostly just my cultural bias talking here as there really is nothing "morally wrong" with a younger girl (or boy) having a navel piercing but the idea just kind of creeps me out.

Upvote 0
No way, absolutely no way are my children having belly piercings while they are under my roof!!! (unless they can pay for them and hide them really well from me)

Personally I don't like them. I think one in each ear (for girls) is enough.
If you think the temptation might be there, you can do nightly belly-button checks!! lol

I would avoid piercings as much as possible. They are not necessary (although they are also not the worst thing that a child/teenager could do).

Upvote 0

Hadassah

May 22, 2006
Germany
✟15,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't, I would want a permanent decision like that to be made at 18.... same for tattoos... teenagers change a lot.
Agreed, not to mention the health concerns involved with getting such a thing, and the fact one typically will wear it to show off their midriff, which is something we cover (and will do so even with children) in this household.

It's so easy for them to go wrong if not properly cared for.

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not until 18. Same rule my parents had with me. Which was fine... I waited until I turned 18 and got a tattoo... If it's something she wants that badly she'll be able to wait 6 or 8 more years. If it's something she can't wait that long for, then chances are it's a rash decision that she would have regretted later on anyway.

Reactions: GolfingMom
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christdefinesme

Sep 21, 2005
Chicago, Illinois
Visit site
✟16,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Body piercing and tattoos should wait until 18 imo.

They make semi-permanent / permanent marks on the body, and I think one should be somewhat of an adult before making the decision. It shouldn't be just a phase. Just my opinion.

PLUS, I personally think body piercings can be rather attractive, and I wouldn't want my girls looking older than they are - you know, want them to look 15 if they're 15 instead of 18 or 19. I think that sometimes certain piercings/tattoos/makeup can make you look older (in an attractive way).

Don't know if I'm making sense. That's my opinion. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Laurie919

Apr 4, 2007
Louisiana
✟13,685.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just assumed that Taylor was wanting one and that's who the question was about. There really isn't a need for a belly ring anyways..but then again, what's the purpose of an earring? I have nothing against belly piercings, but at such a young age...I just don't think it's appropriate.
Nope... Something she hasn't asked for thank goodness.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2006
✟10,867.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not until 18. Same rule my parents had with me. Which was fine... I waited until I turned 18 and got a tattoo... If it's something she wants that badly she'll be able to wait 6 or 8 more years. If it's something she can't wait that long for, then chances are it's a rash decision that she would have regretted later on anyway.

I totally agree, it was such a fad when I was a teen, but my mum said not until I was 18 - and by then I thought they looked tacky. (of course my little sister was allowed to get one at 15-16, but hey, older child sydrome! )
Now I very rarely wear earrings or any jewellry (apart from my wedding ring) and I'm so glad I didn't get it done.

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
eh. If I thought she'd take care of it, probably. I just find that it is not that important to me in child rearing to prohibit piercing or hair dye.

That's pretty much how we feel too. It's self expression and I'm fine with that. However, I think tween is too young for the belly, but teens is more reasonable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tween defiantly knot,Teenager ever 15 years old I would try to discourage them from getting them,But if they want one bad enough,I'm sure they'll find a way to get them.I would be more concerned about face piercings and tattoo's.

Upvote 0