Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
Azle, Texas (Eagle Mountain Lake)
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, where is Heaven, that I might find it? Or the land of the dead?

Up there? Is that where Jesus said it is? Could He have been speaking metaphor when He said that, after all, did He not say, "Do not think Heaven comes down from the sky, but it is in our hearts and among us".

Who understands this or believes it?

Who is to say they understand time or where the winds come from?

And why does no one believe that 'in God we move and live and breathe and have our being'? Who really believes that?

If God, the Father, is spiritual, would you think He understands that?

And who are the angels (messengers) of the Father?

What is time that we might understand it?

And how does the Holy Spirit know the future? Or, how is it that "now we are as children, but then we will be as adults. Now we see darkly, but then we will see clearly."

Where is the mountain thrown into the sea? And where is the City of Peace?

Discuss.

Edit: I have changed the title of this post because it was too challenging for some.

Last edited:

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Up there? Is that where Jesus said it is? Could He have been speaking metaphor when He said that, after all, did He not say, "Do not think Heaven comes down from the sky, but it is in our hearts and among us".

And why does no one believe that 'in God we move and live and breathe and have our being'? Who really believes that?

And how does the Holy Spirit know the future? Or, how is it that "now we are as children, but then we will be as adults. Now we see darkly, but then we will see clearly."

Where is the mountain thrown into the sea? And where is the City of Peace?

Discuss.

After our last discourse and then reading this post a question came into my mind.

Do you smoke pot?

You need not answer if you would prefer but i am looking for UNDERSTANDING.

LOVE

steven :hug:

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After our last discourse and then reading this post a question came into my mind.

Do you smoke pot?

You need not answer if you would prefer but i am looking for UNDERSTANDING.

LOVE

Saying, "do you smoke pot" is not very kind.

I really do not know who would imagine such sins of people which are untrue.

Is that your last recourse? To accuse people falsely? Is it admirable to accuse the brethern falsely?

If you have some fault with what I have said, bring it forth, argue your case, with evidence, not personal attacks.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Saying, "do you smoke pot" is not very kind.

I really do not know who would imagine such sins of people which are untrue.

Is that your last recourse? To accuse people falsely? Is it admirable to accuse the brethern falsely?

If you have some fault with what I have said, bring it forth, argue your case, with evidence, not personal attacks.

I am sorry that you take offence to the question and I have done wrong by not obeying GOD when HE said to leave you alone. Please forgive me and I will lay this at the FEET of JESUS. This was just my human side looking for understanding thereby placing myself in your same position.

Please understand I do not accuse you of smoking pot but things similar to this happen when folks are under the influence of pot.

LOVE

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry that you take offence to the question and I have done wrong by not obeying GOD when HE said to leave you alone. Please forgive me and I will lay this at the FEET of JESUS. This was just my human side looking for understanding thereby placing myself in your same position.

Please understand I do not accuse you of smoking pot but things similar to this happen when folks are under the influence of pot.

LOVE

You claimed I smoke pot.

I do not.

You can take no issue with my words and think everyone else will misunderstand them as you do. But, they do not.

I really do not know where you are coming from.

But, I do know those who issue false accusations are not from God, at least, those words are not.

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You claimed I smoke pot.

I do not.

You can take no issue with my words and think everyone else will misunderstand them as you do. But, they do not.

I really do not know where you are coming from.

But, I do know those who issue false accusations are not from God, at least, those words are not.

And since you like to judge and accuse without presenting evidence -- why do you use your words in red and bold?

Are you unaware that words in red in many Bibles are for the Lord Jesus Christ?

Do you think no one else knows this?

Are you claiming to be God when you do this?

Are your words the Word of God?

Is this what you are claiming by printing your words in red and large bold?

If you have a fault with something I have said, quote it, use Scripture and prove it by Scripture.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And since you like to judge and accuse without presenting evidence -- why do you use your words in red and bold?

Are you unaware that words in red in many Bibles are for the Lord Jesus Christ?

Do you think no one else knows this?

Are you claiming to be God when you do this?

Are your words the Word of God?

Is this what you are claiming by printing your words in red and large bold?

If you have a fault with something I have said, quote it, use Scripture and prove it by Scripture.

:prayer:

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I do not hold any offense against you, if you are sincere.

But, I would not print my words in red as if I were Jesus Christ, nor put them in bold, nor would I claim "you smoke pot" or "are insane" or "are an idiot" without evidence. And no man is an idiot.

I would also not assume everyone is blind and naked. Because if I did... then could it not be "as we judge, so are we judged", and we may not just be seeing others in ourselves -- especially when we make false accusations?

Leave false accusations to the Devil.

And his children.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Snyder45 ,

I think it would be easier for others to address your questions if you could limit your opening post to contain only one or two questions at a time ... it appears the OP above contains around 13 or 14 questions - which makes it harder / less likely for them to be taken on by anyone .

That is the advice I'm hearing .

wm

Upvote 0

alfrodull

Senior Veteran
Jul 13, 2007
✟11,571.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What can I say? I'm bored and cynical at the moment. I'm going to ignore the time-honored tradition of not feeding the trolls.

What does it matter? There are more pressing concerns for us here on earth than the exact manner of the afterlife, and Christ's teachings would be valuable even if no literal afterlife exists.

Physicists and meteorologists, respectively. :D Alright, there are some questions that science cannot answer, and perhaps never will be able to. That doesn't mean religion can.

Many religions are open to, or even encourage, pantheism and panenthiesm. Christianity perhaps less so than some others, but there are Christians who would identify as such.

Not sure what you even mean here...

Messengers of God. I mean, really, that's what they are. Any guesses as tp their exact nature is mere speculation, or observation that could easily be dismissed as meaningless hallucination.

I was going to recommend that book by Stephen Hawking, but it seems like a rather dull read.

And how does the Holy Spirit know the future?
There are several theories on this, the most common probably being that God transcends time and space.

Or, how is it that "now we are as children, but then we will be as adults. Now we see darkly, but then we will see clearly."
We will be enlightened in some way, either as individuals or as a species. How is up for debate...

Where is the mountain thrown into the sea?
They are all around you.

And where is the City of Peace?
Jerusalem. Assuming people are translating it correctly...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What can I say? I'm bored and cynical at the moment. I'm going to ignore the time-honored tradition of not feeding the trolls.

<snip>

We will be enlightened in some way, either as individuals or as a species. How is up for debate...

They are all around you.

I am not a troll, though I am trolling for fish.

My words are good, not bad.

Perhaps the usage of the term "Wizards" could bring to mind wicked things in some and thinking I am testing people. This is not so. I meant it symbolically and affectionately.

If this offended you, then for that I apologize.

These things I bring up surely are worthy of consideration.

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Snyder45 ,

I think it would be easier for others to address your questions if you could limit your opening post to contain only one or two questions at a time ... it appears the OP above contains around 13 or 14 questions - which makes it harder / less likely for them to be taken on by anyone .

That is the advice I'm hearing .

wm

I intended for people to pick and choose what they are interested in and to go from there. But, yes, normally it is best to do this.

However, just because someone reads something and takes something from it does not mean they replied here on the forum.

I responded truly and rightly to the man who claimed that I was "smoking pot".

As for posting this in advice, I am looking for people's advice on these matters, what they think about it. They may test themselves on these words, but I am not interested in testing what I already know to be true.

There are some awesome saints here, and I wanted to know who had seen these things before, and what they have to say about them.

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My comments are below are in blue.

Thank you for continuing this conversation.

What does it matter? There are more pressing concerns for us here on earth than the exact manner of the afterlife, and Christ's teachings would be valuable even if no literal afterlife exists.

Physicists and meteorologists, respectively. :D Alright, there are some questions that science cannot answer, and perhaps never will be able to. That doesn't mean religion can.

Physicists - real physicists in the spiritual sense - understand forces, and meteorologists can read the skies and tell us the weather of the times.

The real science is the pursuit of truth, but rather, the knowledge of truth living within us.

Many religions are open to, or even encourage, pantheism and panenthiesm. Christianity perhaps less so than some others, but there are Christians who would identify as such.

I was quoting Paul. Jesus clearly understood this, how else could He turned water into wine or walk on the waters, amongst the many other things He did.

Not sure what you even mean here...

Messengers of God. I mean, really, that's what they are. Any guesses as tp their exact nature is mere speculation, or observation that could easily be dismissed as meaningless hallucination.

Again, it is up to speculation, apart from the Spirit of Christ and according to what we 'need to know'.

There are those who deny what we do receive from the Lord. And this is normal. Even Moses tested God in the desert. One has to be sure - very sure - before calling 600,000 people out of their homes, after all.

I was going to recommend that book by Stephen Hawking, but it seems like a rather dull read.

Really is dull.

There are several theories on this, the most common probably being that God transcends time and space.

On time, I do not know. I am just raising that up for others to give their opinions. However, I do know the Father is beyond time.

They are all around you.

Angels or messengers from God? Yes, they most surely are.

'The City of Peace will be a City without walls, for I, the Lord, will be a wall of fire around it.'

:)

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by Snyder45
Where is the mountain thrown into the sea?
They are all around you.

And, yes, this I agree with you one hundred percent.

"Take up to the hills, run to the mountains".

Though, there is One Holy Mount, Mount Zion. Symbolically, the Mount of Olives where James, John, and Peter saw the "Kingdom Come in Glory" through beholding the Transfiguration of Christ with His servants Moses and Elijah.

Upvote 0

aldar

Dec 31, 2006
TEXAS
✟16,543.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Snyder,

"They may test themselves on these words, but I am not interested in testing what I already know to be true"

Are you a prophet? Do you consider yourself a great spiritual leader? Why not just quote scripture? You should n come up with your own sayings and give them a divine stamp. Just stick to the word of God.

"These things I bring up surely are worthy of consideration"

Why?

These people read the bible, we all do...why were your words so far from their understanding?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sackcloth

May 28, 2009
Texas
✟314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You should not coming up with your own sayings and giving it divine stamp

Who are we to know the thoughts of this man? Can we honestly say that he is giving them a Divine stamp when we are not him nor God.

Are you a prophet?
Sny once told me "Hate to tell you, but your niether Elijah nor Moses"

I put words in his words by quoting what he said and adding things he didn't.

Just like he added to things I didn't say, I didn't day I was Elijah or Moses in my OP,

Neither did he say he was a prophet. in his OP

He was just giving things, to tickle the brain of people who like challenges, I must agree though that Christian Advice might not be the right forum to post this in.

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who are we to know the thoughts of this man? Can we honestly say that he is giving them a Divine stamp when we are not him nor God.

Sny once told me "Hate to tell you, but your niether Elijah nor Moses"

I put words in his words by quoting what he said and adding things he didn't.

Just like he added to things I didn't say, I didn't day I was Elijah or Moses in my OP,

Neither did he say he was a prophet. in his OP

He was just giving things, to tickle the brain of people who like challenges, I must agree though that Christian Advice might not be the right forum to post this in.

:cool:

This is a wise and good man of God.

Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Snyder,

"They may test themselves on these words, but I am not interested in testing what I already know to be true"

Are you a prophet? Do you consider yourself a great spiritual leader? Why not just quote scripture? You should n come up with your own sayings and give them a divine stamp. Just stick to the word of God.

"These things I bring up surely are worthy of consideration"

Why?

These people read the bible, we all do...why were your words so far from their understanding?

I am not a prophet, I am a servant of God working the fields, as I have done all of my life.

As to whether anything I say has a divine stamp on it, that is between you and God to believe or reject.

You tell me that you reject them, and that tells me you are not coming from the same Spirit I am.

Upvote 0

TheJoey777

Joseph
Jun 2, 2009
United States
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I do not hold any offense against you, if you are sincere.

But, I would not print my words in red as if I were Jesus Christ, nor put them in bold, nor would I claim "you smoke pot" or "are insane" or "are an idiot" without evidence. And no man is an idiot.

I would also not assume everyone is blind and naked. Because if I did... then could it not be "as we judge, so are we judged", and we may not just be seeing others in ourselves -- especially when we make false accusations?

Leave false accusations to the Devil.

And his children.

I do think that you take things way to literally. Just because one uses bold, or red, does not mean disrespect towards God. These are so that the readers can see our text clearly.

Do you think that when Jesus spoke those words, that they were written in red? I am talking about B.C. or A.D. Or somewhere in between.:confused:

To scorn a fellow Brother or Sister for the simple fact of their text, whether it be bold or red, is judgemental. You are basically telling that person that they are sinning by doing this, of which you have no right to do. That right lies with God alone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.