Pennsylvania
✟251,063.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Just wondering if any of you anoint things like vehicles, house or anything other thing for protection. I know when I bought my Harley that is the first thing I had done was get it anointed with oil and prayed over. Just wondering if any of you do the same thing.

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
ok im brave - im going to dive in and give caution against idolatry .

search the scriptures and you will find anointing oil ...(please any one be quick to correct me on this ) is used ..1.in obedience to the Lord telling some one to anoint some one else .
or 2. by following instruction laid out in scripture ie .. anointing the sick with oil .

the question of the heart motive behind why you would want to anoint an inanimate (non living) object ,is something that needs to be addressed .imo

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have never heard of anyone using oil on anything other than for people, the prayer I see no problem with. Its not like your praying to it, but asking Gods blessing an protection an giving it to him. My former pastor would go over an pray whenever some one got a new house.....I even seen him give up working on his car an pray over it.....it ran perfect after that....incrediable.

Upvote 0

mssurrendered

With God ALL things are possible
Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
SC,I`ve never seen anyone annoint oil on anything other than on a person.But who knows?Not me!Dosen`t hurt to want to pray over your bike for protection.I loved it when I read in here and seen how you were responded to and you took it with such grace.Thats our buddy SC,he dosen`t get offended just carries on with a good christian heart.We all have been raised and taught so differently and its cool to be able to talk with one another and not get offended.

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We regularly anoint and pray protection over our homes, anointing all the doorways and windows, and also anoint prayer cloths and give them to people who need prayer - not because it's a magic talisman, but it is a reminder to the person that they have people praying for them.

Upvote 0

Nikos7

Nov 25, 2007
✟10,950.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The annointing oil is a symbol of the Holy Spirit. I annoint many things I have and dedicate them to the Lord. My house, my car, things I purchase. I annoint myself every day in prayer unto the Lord and ask the Holy Spirit to guide and direct me. Praise God for His Holy Spirit!

Upvote 0