Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
No a person I knew did this and I asked why. He said because the Lord told Him too. The thing is he did this but the spirits in his house got worst. So I would assume he realize it didn't work but he doesn't. I told him to get some oil but he went quiet on me lol

I thought this was very strange, very very strange. God even gave Him directions. He told him to get a white cloth, wet it with ammonia, and wipe the doors down.
Hmmm. That sounds more like a removal process of any anointing oil that was there. If the demons were able to still get in I would say that it was not God who told him to do it. A little god maybe but not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I thought this was very strange, very very strange. God even gave Him directions. He told him to get a white cloth, wet it with ammonia, and wipe the doors down.
That could very well have been God's instructions for him, since door posts are a resting place for germs. Maybe it prevented an illness he'll never hear about. When we're obedient, sometimes we don't find out what we avoided.

But yeah, maybe it was spirits wanting him to wash off the oils... it sounds like a one-time deal.

Upvote 0

youthwalk

Kimpa Vita
Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
✟47,713.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hmmm. That sounds more like a removal process of any anointing oil that was there. If the demons were able to still get in I would say that it was not God who told him to do it. A little god maybe but not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Seems to me it shows the need to know the voice of God and not just assume to know it because the HS is in us.

That could very well have been God's instructions for him, since door posts are a resting place for germs. Maybe it prevented an illness he'll never hear about. When we're obedient, sometimes we don't find out what we avoided.

But yeah, maybe it was spirits wanting him to wash off the oils... it sounds like a one-time deal.

:swoon:

Comes to find out that Wiccans/Witches use ammonia to remove hexes and to curse magic.

Isn't that crazy?

Interesting things here...I'd like to know more.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just be careful of accusing him of something.

When talking about obedience, an instance came to mind --
I had allergies, and God told me to take alfalfa or parsley every day. I told someone, and they were aghast -- alfalfa triggers allergies for people who have hayfever. They thought I would go into anaphylactic shock.

In my case, alfalfa was okay, and God knew it would be... the nutrients were what He was going for. Just like the disinfecting might have been what God was going for, with your friend. Ammonia by itself is not demonic, and your friend really might have been hearing God.

We don't live by superstition.

Upvote 0

Feb 17, 2007
✟16,410.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I had allergies, and God told me to take alfalfa or parsley every day. I told someone, and they were aghast -- alfalfa triggers allergies for people who have hayfever. They thought I would go into anaphylactic shock.

In my case, alfalfa was okay, and God knew it would be... the nutrients were what He was going for. Just like the disinfecting might have been what God was going for, with your friend. Ammonia by itself is not demonic, and your friend really might have been hearing God.

I didn't accused him. Of course not! I cannot judge people about what they heard from God. That is not right! I have no clue what God said to him I just knew it was weird. I didn't put God in a box and I didnt say anything disrespectful to him. I just got quiet and said okay

Today I told him to get some pure olive oil and anoint his house.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Feb 17, 2007
✟16,410.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Now, in post 19 we see this bit of info,

No a person I knew did this and I asked why. He said because the Lord told Him too. The thing is he did this but the spirits in his house got worst. So I would assume he realize it didn't work but he doesn't. I told him to get some oil but he went quiet on me lol

So either God directed him to open up his home to demonic activity, or, God didn't tell him to do it. Which do you choose? If it was like the alfalfa for you, wouldn't the demonic activity be lessened or no worse?

edit: let me say here that it isn't judging to offer possible explainations for something. In other words, we can talk about what this might mean without being judgemental and saying this guy is crazy or listening to evil spirits or etc. There's a big difference and I for one am tired of examining what is said only to be told that's judging another. If we can't explore what happened, why bring it up in the first place?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Feb 17, 2007
✟16,410.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Another one

Solitary Witches

"Tips: Don't ever clean a tool with Windex or other ammonia-based cleaners. Ammonia nullifies magickal energies. Remember to properly dry metal objects cleansed with water to prevent rusting, and steel knives should be oiled with veggie oil afterwards to protect them."

http://fairwind_00.tripod.com/solitary.html

Upvote 0

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Maybe someone had tried it and suddenly felt better. Ammonia is released in smelling salts, so if it was an experiential tried-and-true, this would explain a bit:

"Smelling salts are used to arouse consciousness because the release of ammonia [NH3] gas that accompanies their use irritates the mucous membranes of the nose and lungs, and thereby triggers an inhalation reflex (that is, it causes the muscles that control breathing to work faster). One such smelling salt is ammonium carbonate (NH4)2CO3."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Medical_treatments
that explains why it's so gross! Don't even come near me with smelling salts! I'll push your hand away. LOL That's how I really react.

Upvote 0

Feb 17, 2007
✟16,410.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Now, in post 19 we see this bit of info,

So either God directed him to open up his home to demonic activity, or, God didn't tell him to do it. Which do you choose? If it was like the alfalfa for you, wouldn't the demonic activity be lessened or no worse?

edit: let me say here that it isn't judging to offer possible explainations for something. In other words, we can talk about what this might mean without being judgemental and saying this guy is crazy or listening to evil spirits or etc. There's a big difference and I for one am tired of examining what is said only to be told that's judging another. If we can't explore what happened, why bring it up in the first place?
I can't judge that and I won't. I will anoint my house with oil and someone come to visit me. As soon as they live, I am going through spiritual warfare. I make it a habit to bless my house anytime anyone is in it.

He mention his aunt going a little crazy. She could be the demonic source. I told him to anoint his house with oil and to bless his house. So everything is fine.

As far as the alfalfa, I can't say anything about that either. There are some herbs that I can take that benefit me but to other people it can be deadly. the medical field issue out these medications thats meant to help people but it don't always help. My father and mother was taking the same blood pressure medication. My father had a stroke but my mother is doing great on it.

I don't believe God put you in harms way. There are some things He told me to do that may "look" bad or didn't make sense. I just trust HIM and it ALWAYS turn out into good.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.