Oct 26, 2006
Northern Centeral United States
Visit site
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, our quiver is going to be a little fuller - we're pregnant! Just found out yesterday! :D

I also had a question, my regular doc does not do OB anymore so I need to find a doctor or midwife for this pregnancy. How do you find a Christian, especially quiverfull, doctor? Is there any kind of search engine for that or something? Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!

sparassidae

In Christ Alone
Apr 3, 2007
Sydney, Australia
✟18,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there, I can't help you with the doctor issue, seeing as how we have a totally different health care over here, but I just wanted to say

congratulations3.jpg

Upvote 0

3Princessmom

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I don't knwo what all fo that was suppossed to mean. If it was a knock against my preferance or what.

I am jsut fairly certain that a Christian doctor would understand and respect my decision to be quiverfull, meaning not using any birth control, more so than a non-Christian doc. This is our first unplanned pregnancy and if another happens and maybe another, I don't ever want to catch any comments about us being "irresponsible" or anytihng like that. My old doc's office always looked down ony ou like you were an idiot if you weren't on bc. I don't want to deal with that.

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
My old doc's office always looked down ony ou like you were an idiot if you weren't on bc. I don't want to deal with that.

Maybe that had more to do with that particular doctor, rather than the fact that he wasn't Christian (or maybe he was and he just never mentioned it?)

I've never heard of a doctor who did pre-natal consultations and brought up the topic of birth control. :scratch:

Upvote 0

lovesdolphins

New year, new me, new baby????
Mar 28, 2007
Houston
✟15,296.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I totally understand, but I'm not sure how you could search for a Dr with the critera that you want. I guess you could ask other ladies you go to church with who they see, and such.

You could also make appointments with Drs and see what their thoughts are based on what you believe.

I also think a NMW would be ideal for you (unless you have a reason, or need for an OB). I have a friend that is a NMW and she delivers in hospitals, so that is an option.

Upvote 0

3Princessmom

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Redguard, with all three of my pregnancies they've asked what I plan to go on after I have the baby. And at each OB/GYN appt they ask what you're on, but I realize this is not something that you would have expierence with! :p

Lovesdolphins, Thanks for the suggestions I think I will ask the doctors some questions to feel them out about what I believe and see what they think and how they react.

Unfortunately, I can't go to a NMW. Last pregnancy I was high risk, and I'm expecting a repeat. I need TONS of testing at the end of my pregnancies. Nothing has ever gone wrong for me or the baby, but there are enough medical issues that they have to watch me closely to make sure we are okay.

Thanks guys!

Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Redguard, with all three of my pregnancies they've asked what I plan to go on after I have the baby. And at each OB/GYN appt they ask what you're on, but I realize this is not something that you would have expierence with! :p

Lovesdolphins, Thanks for the suggestions I think I will ask the doctors some questions to feel them out about what I believe and see what they think and how they react.

Unfortunately, I can't go to a NMW. Last pregnancy I was high risk, and I'm expecting a repeat. I need TONS of testing at the end of my pregnancies. Nothing has ever gone wrong for me or the baby, but there are enough medical issues that they have to watch me closely to make sure we are okay.

Thanks guys!
I think it's probably just finding a doctor who respects your right to choose. I work in the medical field and know alot of Christian doctors who would council you against this because of research, etc. You could always be firm up front and state flatly that it is against your religious conviction to use BC and therefore please do not ask me about it (end of story). Of course, everyone and their brother in the hospital/birthing center will ask you when they see it's not on your chart... but that's another bridge to cross.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NoraLeigh

May 2, 2007
✟15,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would look for a midwife. My sister is in midwife training. She worked with me before Evie was born, and then she delivered her. It was a much better experience than Ida's birth (which was, of course, wonderful in its own way. but not as good as it could have been) because for that I had a distant doctor and a not so happy nurse.
Midwives tend, for the most part, to be more open to being quiverfull. But that is just the ones I've known. I'm sure there are exceptions.

Upvote 0