dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not a huge fan of anime, but I have recently run out of good television shows and I realized I had completely stopped watching anime.
I don't have much of a knowledge about anime's but I know types that I like.

So if any one has any advise I would really like it, especially if you could tell me of a medium of watching it.
I'm not a big fan of anime humor, and, for whatever reason, Naruto has little to no interest to me. I liked the old anime "Gundam Wing: Mobile Suit", so that may say some thing of my taste. I like the "Hellsing" plot, but it had far too much language in the only copy I could find.

I have heard that the "Trigun" anime was good, however I missed it.
If any one has any good advise for a good anime show, preferably one that is fairly clean and fits the style of the aforementioned ones.
The people on this forum know more about anime than some anime writers, and I am sure you know some thing that we might be able to see.

dramaking

Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What about Inuyasha?
I would prefer shows (or manga's) that are still in active producing. Or at least modern. I have spent most of my life watching finished stories and I would like to be watching one that hasn't ended for a change.

Thanks for the tip though, I definitely will check into it :)

Upvote 0

LuvAslan

[Insert clever/inspiring/funny phrase here]
Jun 12, 2006
Colby, Kansas
✟21,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recommend Avatar: the Last Airbender, even though many would argue that it isn't authentic anime from Japan (it's American so teh words and the characters' words match) If you choose to try Avatar, start from teh beginning and work your way to teh most recent ep. You'll the plot better. I would say that it's pretty clean. No gorey violence, swearing, or nudity.

Upvote 0

shirono

Deadline-avoiding weasel
Oct 16, 2005
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟8,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
.Oh look, I'm back haven't posted in a while.

I know of two good anime that are still being made, of course I download them from subtitling groups, but the first one is out on DVD in the U.S.
Bleach
Nana
both are really great, go to Anime News Network to find out about them or google.
I wouldn't recommend bleach if you get offended by a little cussing or blood and Nana's characters are a bit on the Umm...wild side. Anyway, those are pretty current.

Upvote 0

Kaelestis721

May 2, 2007
Hawaii
✟15,241.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't believe you don't like Naruto >_>

Trigun is pretty good.

Bleach is probably the best anime out there other then Naruto IMO.

FMA is fun to watch.

Cowboy Bebop (and Samurai Champloo even tho is almost an exact copy) are also enjoyable.

I'm watching Prince of Tennis right now...it is surprisingly good for a tennis anime. I've heard that One Piece is one of the most popular anime/manga series *ever* in Japan...but haven't really watched it too much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dramaking

Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I know I read that, but you didn't really specify the genre
That is because I don't like a specific genre. :) I can't find one "group" that I prefer. All I have is examples...though I suppose I like drama and action most. It's possible, of course, that I am wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums