Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
From the Young Earth Creationist "Answers in Genesis":

Animal Death Before the Fall?
"...God created the world “very good,” and a very good world would not include animal death..."

Also:
Did Death of Any Kind Exist Before the Fall?

An Old Earth Creationist "tract"
Evolution and Creation Science, The Bible Taught It First
TDSOYECb-8.gif

TDSOYECb-9.gif

It also talks about John Milton "Wrote of an original creation with no animal death in Paradise Lost (1667)."

For Christians - would you take the Young Earth view or the Old Earth view?

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm not convinced animals were meant to live forever. Only humans were given access to the tree of life. And when we were denied access we began to age and death became certain.

I once wrote to the scientists at creation.com about this. One of them kindly responded and promoted original animal immortality but I remained unconvinced.

I think the subjects of carnivorous animals and animal mortality are two different things. While I don't think the original animals were immortal I lean toward them being herbivores.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not convinced animals were meant to live forever. Only humans were given access to the tree of life. And when we were denied access we began to age and death became certain.

I once wrote to the scientists at creation.com about this. One of them kindly responded and promoted original animal immortality but I remained unconvinced.

I think the subjects of carnivorous animals and animal mortality are two different things. While I don't think the original animals were immortal I lean toward them being herbivores.

Through sin DEATH entered the world. Also it is stated the lion will lie down with the lamb in the new world. I don't believe there was death of any kind before the fall.

God does not consider death ..... good .... much less .... very good.

• Winner
Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0