Jun 6, 2005
✟15,736.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Conservative
Last night I had an angry outburst at God about him not listening to my prayers. I know it's a bit crazy but I was saying things like well you know what and who i am, you know what I struggle with and I really am fed up of all this so if you just want to send me to hell when you're all powerful what can I do? I kept ranting saying you never listen or answer my prayers so what am I supposed to be like. So basically I got angry at God and blamed him for not giving me any way out of my problems. All I hear this evening though is I have a purpose and plan for you, not to harm you but to prosper you. So if God has such a huge plan for me why is it when I even ask him what exactly it is he wants me to do I feel ignored. I am feeling so angry with God lately just cause if he's so infinitely powerful I'm pretty sure he could give me a straight answer instead of an enigma.

Dragnog

Jul 10, 2006
✟15,466.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Last night I had an angry outburst at God about him not listening to my prayers. I know it's a bit crazy but I was saying things like well you know what and who i am, you know what I struggle with and I really am fed up of all this so if you just want to send me to hell when you're all powerful what can I do? I kept ranting saying you never listen or answer my prayers so what am I supposed to be like. So basically I got angry at God and blamed him for not giving me any way out of my problems. All I hear this evening though is I have a purpose and plan for you, not to harm you but to prosper you. So if God has such a huge plan for me why is it when I even ask him what exactly it is he wants me to do I feel ignored. I am feeling so angry with God lately just cause if he's so infinitely powerful I'm pretty sure he could give me a straight answer instead of an enigma.
God works in his own time, that does not always work with the schedule that we want to set for him. I could give you some smart Bible quote, tell you the God works in mysterious ways, but I don't think that is what you need. It sounds like your heart is broken at the moment and I am sorry that you are going through that.
I can assure you that God has heard your prayers. Sometimes when I feel down I like to read Lamentations 3:1-33, don't know if it will help you, but has brought me comfort in times of trouble.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It isn't all about this life...
There is a life and Kingdom to come that will be our REAL life.
God is preparing us for the life to come by shaping us and preparing
us for what awaits us.

God wants you to surrender to Him in trust, knowing that His plan
is greater than this life in which sin has infected all of His creation.

God will fold all of this Heaven and earth up and recreate a new place
in which we will be with Him forever.

Put your eyes on the eternal and allow God to do whatever He needs to do
in your life now to prepare you for eternity.

So what do your outburst say about you?

Your fustration, anger and outbursts say that you really do not trust God and
in fact, you think He is part of the problem in your life instead of being the solution.

God will not react to your bad behavior in a favorable way because to do
so would reinforce and condone your bad behavior as a good way to manipulate
Him to get what you want instead of trusting that God knows best.

God sees the whole picture but you only see what you want to see.

The quicker you learn to surrender to God in trust the quicker God
will be able to bring you into His blessings for your life.

The Israelites wandered for 40 years in the wilderness because they grumbled
and complained against God and would not surrender to His plan to lead them into blessing.

The actual journey for the Israelites would have been three days on foot, not 40 years....

How quickly do you want what God has for you?

God is good and He loves you but He will not allow you to use His love for you
as a tool to manipulate Him into giving you your will over His good and perfect will for your life.

The Israelites tried it and they died in the wilderness and it was their children
who actually made into the promise land.

Surrender to God so that He can bring abouy His plan for your life.

When your prayers line up with God's good and perfect will for your life,
God will bring it to pass.

What dis Jesus pray?
Father...YOUR WILL BE DONE, YOUR KINGDOM COME.

You need to find out what God's will is and pray and ask God to bring it into your life.

I know for a fact that the most important prayer we can pray concerning
God's will has been given to us in Christ and it means that we must surrender
our will to the will of God our heavenly Father

A good read is called Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray...

I hope this helps you.

Pray and tell God you are sorry and then tell Him you surrender to His
will because you know deep down that God knows best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, I think those are most intimate prayers you can have with God. Think how much FAITH you are displaying to pray like that. You BELIEVE! You really believe He can change your situation and He may in good time.

I understand that kind of heart cry. It builds our faith (believe it or not) when we can accept an answer of "Yes" "No" "Later" or "Soon" or "In my WAY". We bow to him and surrender all. In my faith walk of last few years I've had to be receptive to an apparent ( "I will not answer you now but will in eternity). Now that is tough!

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
God hears prayers...He heard you just like He heard Hagar's cry in the wilderness.
He heard his Children cry out in their oppressive bondage(slavery) in Egypt.
He heard the cry of the older women whose husbands divorced them so they
could take younger wives.

My question is-- Are you prepared to receive His answer?

Check yourself--
Are you upholding His Word in your life?
How are you ministering to others who are in need?

As relating to James 1:27 and Micah 6:8--
(James 1:27)
Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

(Micah 6:8)

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟800,710.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, Nice Dream how I can relate to your heart's cry - what exactly it is he wants. Sometimes I wish Yahweh would give me a written note (yes I'm very aware of His Word).

One aspect of this is I know it's my fault for not pursing communicating with Him and for myself I found it necessary to repent for blaming Him. Unfortunately, there's a lot of sermons and books about how to pray and communicating to Him but not so much about hearing Him. Recommend reading How to Hear God in a Noisy World because it has some exercises. Even now I'm no where close to where I want to be but reading that book was an eye opening experience in many ways such as the various means of communicating, suggestions for checking for accuracy, etc.

Another aspect which has already been mentioned is His timing. There are several examples as in Gen 12, when Yahweh told Abram to move unto "a land that I will shew thee:" - you know an unnamed place at that point in time - and Abram moved.

Just want to encourage you with His promise - "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" John 10:27

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aijalon

Sayin' it like it is
Jun 4, 2012
✟17,356.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It would help to know what answer you are seeking. I don't typically see anger at God as being very productive, it normally indicates a lack of reverence, at least to me anyway. It is usually what occurs right before rebellion.

David became angry with God when he killed one of the priests for touching the ark, but because David feared God so much, he put the ark outside the city, he recognized that God is very dangerious.

Don't let your anger supercede your fear of the Lord. I do agree that your passionate outburst is a sign that you have a personal thing going on, that maybe you truly believe and understand his grace, and you are pouring your heart out, but it is too hard to say by the details you have included if your grudge against God is just selfishness for not getting what you want, or if it is truly an earnest supplication.

11 Cast me not forth from Thy presence, And Thy Holy Spirit take not from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of Thy salvation, And a willing spirit doth sustain me.
13 I teach transgressors Thy ways, And sinners unto Thee do return.
14 Deliver me from blood, O God, God of my salvation, My tongue singeth of Thy righteousness.
15 O Lord, my lips thou dost open, And my mouth declareth Thy praise.
16 For Thou desirest not sacrifice, or I give [it], Burnt-offering Thou acceptest not.
17 The sacrifices of God [are] a broken spirit, A heart broken and bruised, O God, Thou dost not despise.

-Psalms 51

Upvote 0

Eloy

Light
Sep 16, 2012
✟656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God has already showed you what you are supposed to do. You are to follow him. And what things does Iesous do when you follow him? He feeds the hungry, clothes the naked, visits the shuts-ins and prisoners, he is a friend to the friendless and a father to the fatherless, he gives hope to the hopeless, and heals the sick, and raises the dead to life. So if Christ be in you, then share him with those who need him, and you will be blessed. Amen? Amen.

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I got angry at God and blamed him for not giving me any way out of my problems.
The God of my understanding is not famous for giving us a way out of our problems, but in giving us the ability to deal with our problems. Just like a Child, We sometimes are miffed if the answer is not what WE WANT to hear.

God answers all prayer. Sometimes the answer is Yes, other times it is Simply No, other times the answer is Not Yet. We are also taught by our problems-we keep getting the same problems til we learn the correct response. We call it going round the mountian.

PS also Remember the old adage-"the teacher is slient during the test" Here is an example of How God has worked in my life...

i-asked-for-strength-.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nice Dream

Jun 6, 2005
✟15,736.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Conservative
Thanks for all your advice. I am not really angry at God and don't blame him for my troubles I just had an emotional outburst that night cause I felt desperate and alone, abandoned. I found out just a short time after writing this post that I am pregnant. I think I have a lot of trials and stuff to go through now with this new situation even though it is in the very early stages. I am trying to process it just now still. My ex/boyfriend seems pretty unsupportive unless i do everything his way, which i refuse to do because i don't think it is best for me or the baby but my family are very supportive. I have been praying that the baby is healthy and The Lord guides me through all of this.

Upvote 0

Aijalon

Sayin' it like it is
Jun 4, 2012
✟17,356.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Heh. So you are not completely broken up with this guy I guess? I suppose you've told him you're pregnant with his child? What do you mean he is unsupportive?

He does realize he is obligated to pay for the child's wellbeing, both legally and morally. Regardless of whether you get married, does he realize his responsibilities?

Upvote 0

Nice Dream

Jun 6, 2005
✟15,736.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Conservative
I think he'd pay we are kinda on and off but I'm starting to realise that being pregnant is no good for the baby to have a father in and out of his life whenever he feels like it. He hasn't discussed it much with me and just decided to go out on a drinking binge and we haven't spoken since.

Upvote 0