Visit site
✟412,239.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Plus the account of St. Alban in which his actual martyrdom is true but disputed when. However, a date as early as 209 AD is believed by many & a date no later than 304 considered by others.
So between 300 and 400 years BEFORE the Augustinian Mission, and indeed well before the Council of Constantinople, and before the Edict of Milan.

Upvote 0

Mockingbird0

Mimus polyglottos
Feb 28, 2012
Between Broken Bow and Black Mesa
✟18,094.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
How do Anglo-Catholics differ from both Roman Catholics and other Anglicans? From what I understand, Anglo-Catholics maintain a lot of Catholic traditions like the intercession of saints, private confessions, etc, but reject the papacy.

Aside from not agreeing with the concept of the pope, are there other things that set Anglo-Catholics apart from Roman Catholics?

Do they maintain a Protestant view of salvation and justification? Is their view of the intercession of saints different from what Roman Catholics do, or is it pretty similar?
My parents are Anglo-Catholics. They differ from other Episcopalians only in how the liturgy of their parish church includes the traditional Latin minor propers (at least sometimes translated into English) and (at least in the past) some additional elements of Roman Catholic ceremonial. I have not asked them about their views on justification and sanctification. My mother believes that one may ask saints to pray for him.

Reactions: 9Rock9
Upvote 0