Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don’t because it’s not his fault. While he may tempt, it’s my decision to sin. And ultimately I rest on the fact that God is in control, and He will work all things out for my good and His glory.

Upvote 0

Lenno

Jan 4, 2022
Cheshire
✟27,096.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are times I might aim anger at Satan . . . by directing anger against how his spirit of lusts or self-righteous anger are trying to get the better of me.
So in the same way we can talk to the father or Jesus do you believe we can talk to Satan? Tell him how much we hate him etc? Or aught we love our enemy and pray for him?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you ever get angry at the devil for how your life is (or life in general). What do you do with that anger?

I don't get angry with the devil. He is who he is and he can't do anything God doesn't allow.

I always think of trials as learning experiences because they help me to grow as a Christian.

Reactions: Captain Ahab
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So in the same way we can talk to the father or Jesus do you believe we can talk to Satan? Tell him how much we hate him etc? Or aught we love our enemy and pray for him?
Jesus talked with the devil.

I might say something to Satan, at times. But when I give him the anger treatment, this is intended as an action of power refusing however his spirit would effect me spiritually and emotionally and in my thinking.

I don't get into whether I hate him or not; at times, I have considered how it is so horrible to be like him and I can be dismayed that that is even possible. But my attention needs to be with submitting to Jesus and how He has us loving. So, I need to be prayerfully careful about if and when and how Satan gets my attention.

Our Apostle Paul says,

"nor give place to the devil." (Ephesians 4:27)

I personally think this means not to let Satan get my attention, except however God is guiding my attention. The devil is to have no place, at all. So, when he brings evil, I understand what works best is to first make sure I am being attentive to God, and do not allow the evil to control my attention and how I am reacting. But answer to God, first.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Taking that anger and running with it would just play into his hands, so I'm not going to give him that satisfaction. He also craves attention, and so I choose to not give him that kind of attention. He exists, he's up to things, and he's doomed. I have more important and more productive things to focus on.

Upvote 0

Theopalcross

Nov 17, 2022
Mulberry
✟8,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
can you talk to Satan? yes you can and yes he hears whats you say... I used to worship him. But the feelings you get in prayer. That cozy warmth? you dont feel that with Satan. its kind of cold energy.

Also i never direct my anger at him, becuase he didnt cause my issues..i did.

Does he tempt me to come back and worship him? Yes everyday but i refuse.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I've gotten angry with devil. Luke chapter 9, I use Jesus name to order evil spirits and satan away from me. Satan only targets those who have holy spirit or spiritual growth. He waits for you to let your guard down. In second samuel, David was tempted by satan to lust after bathsheba. It was adultery. She had baby. David tried to cover it up by sending her husband into thick of battle. He died. It was murder. Prophet Nathan confronted David with this. Just don't let your guard down.

Upvote 0