Angelic Encounters

SuzanneM52

Jun 17, 2010
✟15,202.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Greetings in His name! There is a thread here about encounters with demons, so I thought, there needs to be one started on encounters with angelic beings.
I had an encounter a long time ago that I have shared with several people and no one can tell me what they even THINK it may have meant. I'm hoping someone here knows.

I had gotten saved a short time before this and tho I loved Jesus with all of my heart, and knew when I died, I would go to be with Him in Paradice, I still carried with me a very very great FEAR of death and dying. I lay across my bed one night just sobbing and crying out to the Lord to take this from me. I turned over, looked up at the ceiling,and I saw a square scarf come down thru the ceiling. It was like a sheer shimmery see-thru material, with a goldish-silverish band around the edges of it. At each of the four corners, were three angles. These looked like fat little happy babies.(Cheribims maybe?)They had little tiny wings. All at the same time, they released their hold on the scarf, and disappeared. The scarf floated down in gentle waves untill it covered me and then it became invisible. Never before and never since have I ever experienced a vision like this! :angel:

DianeL

Jan 31, 2008
✟8,728.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is so cool and thanks for sharing it with us !

When I was reading this, right away my thoughts went towards Peter, on the roof, in a trance, when he saw the sheet come down, - take a quick look at that passage.

You're clean, you will be with him in Paradise, don't be afraid. The scarf denotes royalty, you're a child of the King .... this is soooo good !

The angelic appearrance like babies, represents a 'new' thing, X 3 - a cord of 3 cannot be easily broken, I believe He confirmed 3 times to you not to be afraid, He is doing a new thing in all areas of your life (4 corners) and He'll be with you.

Thanks again for sharing this ! wow !

Upvote 0

DianeL

Jan 31, 2008
✟8,728.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
One Saturday morning, about a year ago now, I woke up around 7 a.m. (I was facing my digital clock) and turned over, to catch a couple more minutes of sleep and saw to my right, a very large being in a prayer stance and praying. Well, I was scared ! so I didn't move but kept looking at it to see if it was just light coming from outside, all that sort of stuff, I realized it wasn't.

This lasted about 5 minutes, then in a blink was gone.

I had to ponder this for quite awhile, when finally I realized that each nite before I go to sleep, in my prayers, I ask God to send an angel, and place him at my right side to protect me in the night season.

I believe He showed me a glimpse of the angel. This angel was pure white light, very defined in facial features down the the wavy hair. Very big angel too, was a little overwhelming.

God is good !

Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
The first angel I talked to, was right at the end of a deliverance session. I don't see angels, or much of any being in the spiritual realm, I just sense their presence and hear what they have to say. :cool:

So at this time during a deliverance, I sensed all the angels leaving the room! I wasn't sure what was happening (the leaders had decided the person wasn't ready, but I wasn't told yet). I turned and asked an angel what was happening. He stopped in his tracks and started to talk to me! I was both amazed and thrilled! One of these beings who I could only vaguely sense and couldn't be sure I wasn't imagining, actually stopped to talk with me!

This joy of mine lasted all of about half a second, till I felt God spoke a word of correction to him , rebuking him for not leaving with the others and answering my question. I didn't know angels could get into trouble, and was devastated that my first encounter was of me doing that to one of them! Not being perfect, it is only reasonable that God does have to rebuke and correct angels on occasion.

I had to spend some time with God to figure out the details of what happened here. He told me that I was not to go to His angels and ask them for information that He alone was responsible for giving me. I had so many questions at the time, too! I learned my lesson right from the start, that one big requirement for being allowed to talk with angels was that you don't go pumping them for information that God expects us to seek Him for.

As I was sorting this out with God, I sensed the angels around me holding back, able to talk with me but not wanting to because of the experience with the first angel. When I did finally sort my end of the problem out, (and God let me apologize to the angel for getting him into trouble) I found that I could chat with the angels. I was not allowed to ask them deep questions, but they talked about what they do and how they feel about their work.

People complain about ministers who have "coffee and donuts" with angels. None ever came by my home to do that with me. The ones I talked to were already here, guardian angels who knew my family and were assigned to protects us. I also got to talk with the church angel, and various other ones who have come and gone. Not being able to see any of them, perhaps I don't have the fear and awe so many others have.

Not being able to ask the deep questions that filled my mind, I found myself getting bored with talking to them. We simply ran out of things to say! They did show me some of what they do, protecting me and the family as we drive the mountain roads and etc. So I did learn something from them! But then I moved on, and found other things to do in life. I've said "hi" to them once or twice since, but for the most part they do their thing, and I do mine.

Years later when Bentley and co. were all talking about angels, I did manage to talk with Emma. She was very kind. She offered to help me, but also said she wasn't assigned to me to actually come here (whatever that means). I felt I needed to stretch my hand out to the tv and invite a similar angel to come over here, which I did (very cautiously). He came, explaining that he was here to do the job for me similar to what Emma does over there. I forget his name, and occasionally look around to see if I sense him anywhere, but I haven't encountered him again since that week.

One thing to bear in mind, is that I am trained in Deliverance and know my authority over the enemy. I have had so many unclean spirits in my house (and have gotten rid of them), that I thought it was worth the effort to see if this guy was for real. I still don't know, as he's gone. I imagine though that would indicate that he found no opportunity to afflict me (if he was from satan), or (if from God) I missed my calling yet once again. Years ago I had a "church angel" assigned to me (or so I was told), but as I never started a church, I don't know whatever happened to him either. (Bored and reassigned?)

For the most part, I feel that God spares us from our gullibility and stupidity. Spirits presenting themselves as angels most probably do not want to show their hand, so they quietly leave when we don't take the bait. Or God removes them without our knowing. Either way, it is He and He alone to whom I credit my walk with Him. I am not crafty or good with remembering remote passages of scripture and putting them all together for a foundation to guide my life. No, I have to trust in Him. His Spirit brings all things to remembrance when I need them. He is the Good Shepherd, who seeks me out and untangles me from the bushes when I get myself lost and stuck.

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

Alex-C-L

Nov 22, 2008
✟15,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Tobias thats an amazing post and has greaty encouraged me. Its also taught me alot about the supernatural and how to engage with the Angelic realm correctly. Ive only seen an Angel once and it was in August 2008 after a year of praying for supernatural vision. It was an open vision and the Angel acknowledged me but would not speak with me and quickly dissapeared. Your experience with getting an Angel into trouble may have explained some things. Incidently did you actually see Emma in an open experience with your natural eyesight?

Upvote 0

Tobias

Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Incidently did you actually see Emma in an open experience with your natural eyesight?

Not really. I have started seeing just a bit in the spiritual realm, but still just indistinct images like a mostly blind person. It's nothing I've learned to trust yet. So I may have gotten I little bit of a visual impression when I talked with her. Possibly a person in a long gown that goes all the way to the feet. Not bright and shiny either, now that I think about it, and she seemed older like in her 50's.

Oh wait, you asked if I had an open vision with natural eyesight? That's never happened with me! Not with the audible stuff either. It's all spiritual ears and spiritual eyesight.

Upvote 0

Tobias

Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
I should also mention that not asking too many questions from anybody, has become a real principle for me! Not just of angels either, but from anyone who God uses to teach me.

I've heard people talk about it in this way: That God give us our daily bread; our daily portion of His Word. This is what we feast on spiritually. That which causes us to grow and be nurtured in Him.

Compare this to the miracle of manna in the desert. It had to be collected fresh every day (except Saturdays.) Those who collected much were just as well fed and satisfied as those who collected little. It was also impossible to store it up to be used latter on another day.

We read the scriptures and seek the Lord for our daily portion of His Word. If we spend all day at it, or is we only have five minutes before work, it doesn't necessarily matter. What matters are the moments when His Spirit is with us, giving us wisdom and insight into our day ahead. Gobbling tons and tons of this manna does not keep us from having to eat of it again tomorrow.

The problem is when we try to store it up for later, by memorizing scripture or doing "spiritual" things that make us feel we have "arrived". It always turns foul and starts to grow maggots. Trying to get information out of angels, theologians, demons, or even the Bible that goes beyond our daily portion, is in my opinion the practical definition of studying the occult. We are trying to learn hidden things that God is not actively teaching us.

Sometimes He does let us sit at His feet all day and learn and learn and learn. Other days all we get is a snack on the run. We have to let Him control our diet, not take matters into our own hands. If we want to feast on His manna, that is! :thumbsup:

Reactions: surfingangel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tobias

Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Ok. I think I understand.What do you mean though about spiritual ears and eyesight. Patricia King and Bob Jones talk about this. The Angel I saw was an open vision in as much as I would have expected anybody else if they had been there to see it.

Sorry Alex, I keep trying to think of a good way to explain this. But to do so sends me down a road where I have often crossed the line into error.

I can't answer your question at this time. Hope someone else can help!

Upvote 0