Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And now for some encouraging news for a change,

See the "Mizzou Hemorrhages" article at The Daily Caller

The link connected me to "The Daily Caller" which is a collection of many stories with a picture and a headline.

I read the Mizzou story earlier but would have to look for it to find it. I agree, "encouraging".

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They lost enrollment last year, and it looks like the same this year.

We had been college shopping the last couple of years (more than one kid), and I can say I don't blame people. Most people know that individuals have the right to protest, etc. It's the way they handle those that are being unreasonable towards those that aren't participating, and how they handle their staff involved with the same thing.

They looked so bad over this. It looked like they couldn't handle what happens on their campus, and didn't make it look safe at all. Also, what happened gives the school a reputation that you don't want to pay for when you graduate goes for job interviews.

The way that whole thing went down it made it look like they enabled bullies, although I'm sure they see it a different way.

We visited one campus this year, and they had this sign up for 'safe space'...and our son walked out and refused to go back. I was surprised honestly, because I didn't even think he knew what that was. His current community college is multi cultural, and doesn't have these. He seems to feel that these areas have the opposite effect, and encourage those to hide from the world. How it places people in groups, and they do the 'us against the world' mentality to the extreme. We were really surprised he had placed so much thought towards it honestly.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We visited one campus this year, and they had this sign up for 'safe space'...and our son walked out and refused to go back. I was surprised honestly, because I didn't even think he knew what that was. His current community college is multi cultural, and doesn't have these. He seems to feel that these areas have the opposite effect, and encourage those to hide from the world. How it places people in groups, and they do the 'us against the world' mentality to the extreme. We were really surprised he had placed so much thought towards it honestly.

Hooray for your son! He looks like a student who will go far. And thank goodness that this university actually posted the evidence of their bias for a visitor to see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0