Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I got a Chick Tract yesterday in the mail...[rather my husband did] and my daughter looked at it.

I didnt notice who wrote it, but glanced thru it enough to gather it was Jack. And I was correct, when I turned it around.

:sorry: It was definitely making horrible suggestions eluding to the Pope and the Church. :doh:

I dont think I need to elaborate.

I MIGHT just have to go to the church that sent it, and laugh at them for even taking that 'guy' seriously.

Ok, I wont laugh.......but I should threaten them to never send it out to me again....[not giving my name or address] ^_^

Epiphanygirl

Don't De-Rock Me
Oct 6, 2004
Behind you :)
✟11,873.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Can't post links here...just google his name....it'll be self explainitory..... he's a very-anti-Catholic/ Orthodox liar....that about sums it up....he prints out these cartoons and comics about it trying to indoctrinate those who don't know any better.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
poohbear,

no, I grew up with Chick tracts.. Jack Chick is a publisher/comic book artist who has built a publishing company around tracts that are supposed to be evangelistic in nature. However a large percentage of them are extremely anti-catholic, and are on the extreme fringe of what many would term "paranoid fundamentalism".

Chick tracts basicly teach that the catholic church as well as almost every other sector of society are entirely controled by occult powers and manipulated by the devil to lead people into the occult.

Chick's company has been well known for using information that is either blatantly false historically, or at best, without support historically.

One of chick's major attacks on the Catholic church was based on the testimony of a supposed former catholic priest who was later shown to be a fraud, then absconded with large amounts of money, and Chick still publishes the guy's story as though it were true and has even proceeded to make up cover stories for the guy.

Chick, unless I'm mistaken, is also the publisher behind the "Dr. Rebecca Brown MD" books which basicly alledge that there is an over arching world wide occult organization that runs everything in the world and has infiltrated every level of society right down to local hospitals and churches etc.
Here again the claims of the person have been shown to be fraudulent over and over but chick continues to publish it because its inline with what he wants people to believe.

Dr. Rebecca Brown claimed to be part of the same occult organization as Mike Warnke (a former popular christian comedian) Mr. Warnke's claims of occult involvement were also later shown to be fraudulent and I think he may have admitted it, but I'll have to check on that.

Upvote 0

eyesofmystery

Jan 3, 2006
Atlantic Canada
Visit site
✟8,237.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Someone at World Youth Day in Germany gave me a Chick tract booklet thingy once. I had no idea what it was but since it was called "Why is Mary crying?" I figured it would be something promoting Marian devotion. Then, my friend saw it and said "it's anti-Catholic" but I still read it to see what it was about. Anyway, it was basically saying that it's wrong to see Mary as the Mother of God (because God was God before Mary was born), Mary was not sinless, and other stuff like that. When my "Theology on Tap" discussion group had a session on heresy a month ago, I brought it in for "show-and-tell"!

Upvote 0

Poohbear246

Feb 17, 2005
✟1,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Simon_Templar said:
poohbear,

no, I grew up with Chick tracts.. Jack Chick is a publisher/comic book artist who has built a publishing company around tracts that are supposed to be evangelistic in nature. However a large percentage of them are extremely anti-catholic, and are on the extreme fringe of what many would term "paranoid fundamentalism". {/QUOTE]

Paranoid indeed! Ugh, these tracts are sickening! I just googled it and read a few. This guy is deeply disturbed! His view of the Catholic Church is unbelievably ignorant. But also in general, he has such a morose, utterly merciless conception of God. That is really sad!

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Here is one example...:sigh:

HE states;
All the religions will unite to serve the coming world ruler who is called 'the Beast' [Rev 13:8]

BUT here is the actual verse.

Rev 13:8
8 And all that dwell upon the earth adored him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb, which was slain from the beginning of the world.

AND as a topper there is a picture of the Pope and some priests....etc

:sick:

Very anti Catholic. And twisted verses to make it conform to his personal opinion.

I hate to say it, but it seems he is lying to suit his cause. Which is to pull ppl away from the Church.

Sad!

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Simon_Templar said:
Chick's company has been well known for using information that is either blatantly false historically, or at best, without support historically.

;) Yeppers.

Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
CaDan said:
He used to be just your standard issue American evangelical.

Then he got all weird about the Church.

what "beast" do you speak about? That the beast "within" is not enough and you have to project it on the Church!!?? Shame on you CaDan.

And IS the beast without? Shall we indulge this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.