Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
First, I just want to say thank you (again) to everyone who prayed for me and the situation I'm facing with my friend. It really means a lot to me to know I can come to this board for support when I need it.

I thought I'd pop in really quickly, and let you know what happened with the get-together my friend was planning for our old group for last night: absolutely nothing. The get-together never happened. He ended up making other plans, because he thought no one was interested in hanging out. The rest of us thought he was going to arrange everything...so we didn't really understand why he would think that without checking with everyone. We think his girlfriend, who was against the whole get-together in the first place, might have convinced him to make other plans. No proof of that, though.....

He's going to be leaving town again on Tuesday, and I'm really bummed out about this whole situation. I wanted to talk to him, to try and smooth things over, so badly, and now I don't see how I'm going to get a chance. I'm so confused about this, among other things. I think I just need to take some time away from everything, and pray about everything. I don't know why this has been such a big deal to me....it doesn't make any sense.

At any rate, thanks for letting me ramble. I'll post when I find some peace about everything.

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
As life moves upward and onward, you will see friends do the same. Some amicably and some not so amicably. It just one of those things in life that happens. Is it for the good. As long as we remain in Christ, absolutely. So, do not lose heart; God will take care of you and if He sees fit, the man who is going away, will be back in your live.
Remember, he is the one throwing away not only a relationship with you, but apparently with several others. He loses. So, be it.
God Bless you. God will bring many into your life.

Upvote 0

fieldmouse3

Contributor
Feb 14, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm trusting God about this right now, and I'm fairly certain that I just need to let go, at least for now. It just bothers me that I'm not going to get a chance to see him, or even talk to him, before he leaves tomorrow. I can easily understand and accept that this guy might not be a part of my life, as a friend or otherwise, according to God's will, but it really bothers me that there isn't going to be any resolution. I just wish I could have had even a short talk with him, so I could say good-bye to him and our friendship (if that's really what God wants), and feel like things ended on a more positive note. With the way things are now, he's going to leave thinking all sorts of things about me and everything that happened that aren't true. It just feels so unresolved.
I'm thinking of sending him an e-mail tonight. I won't be able to tell him everything I've been wanting to say about his girlfriend, and everything that happened last summer and fall (the e-mail would be too long). Instead, I'd just say goodbye, and share some of my thoughts on everything. It'll be tempting to go into long descriptions of all the despicable stuff that his girlfrien said and did, but I plan on praying before I write it that God will give me the right words. That is, if I decide to send it. I'll write again when I figure this out.

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
fieldmouse: Thank You for updating us on your situation.

It seems to me you have done everything you possibly could to resolve your conflict, I don't think writing him with all the bad things his girlfriend has done will do any good, I just don't think he will listen at this point, from the info you've provided us with, I must come to the conclusion to let him go!

You don't deserve the treatment he has shown you, I will pray that God will ease your mind and your pain concerning this situation, I will also pray that you will be a happy little fieldmouse! :)

Cheer up and God Bless you fieldmouse!

Upvote 0

fieldmouse3

Contributor
Feb 14, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I did send him an e-mail, but I didn't mention his girlfriend at all.....I just said that I was disapponted that he and I didn't get to talk before he left, I wished him well with whatever comes next, and I told him I'm praying for him. I don't know if he'll even get it before he leaves tomorrow, though.

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Originally posted by fieldmouse3
I did send him an e-mail, but I didn't mention his girlfriend at all.....I just said that I was disapponted that he and I didn't get to talk before he left, I wished him well with whatever comes next, and I told him I'm praying for him. I don't know if he'll even get it before he leaves tomorrow, though.

You did the very best thing. You showed him you care and showed no vengefulness against someone he is being all starry eyed about right now. She will get what she has coming to her in the long run. Do not concern yourself with that. You have shown you are a loving individual. That is all he needs to know.
Praying for you and God Bless you.

Upvote 0

fieldmouse3

Contributor
Feb 14, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks, solo.....I feel pretty good about that e-mail. I don't, however, feel very good about his chances of reading it before he leaves. I'm not sure what time today his flight leaves, but I'm sure he'll be busy with lots of last minute things. Who knows when he'll have another chance to get to a computer?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.